III Chapter 2 – The fourth man
555 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This is getting ridiculous!", Minato shouted into their room, and Gene calmly proceeded with the other children at eating dinner. None of them even paying a smudge of attention to their Hokage who seemed to be beyond angry. "Isn't there any Shinobi in Konoha who fulfills your requirements?" he growled, and Gene looked at him. 

"You know exactly what we want, or better who, get us someone of the same quality and skill, and we won't object." 

"And I have elite ranked Jonin who would willingly work underneath a ten-year-old girl and compatible with your Team's set of skills in hovels?"

"Sure, why not, you have at least one." 

Minato was silent at that comment and watched the others in the room, who continued to ignore him. 

Huffing, he turned around in anger and walked away. After he was gone, Izayoi tilted his head. "Is this about the fourth member for team Tsukiko?" 

"Yep." 

"I thought our vice leader is your team member, that or Shisui-san." 

"That's what we are aiming for, and I have a feeling we will get it too." 

"I see, our renovation budget has been approved." Izayoi said and held a scroll up. "You need to read through it, it needs your approval." 

"I thought I did already." 

"No, just the application form." 

"Oh, this Clan thing is more work than it seems." 

"Shisui-san is handling most of your paperwork already, head." 

"He is?" 

"Yes he is, our future co-head is a bit more reliable than our head in handling his paperwork." 

Gene needed a moment. 

"Future co head?!" 

Izayoi remained his usual expressionless self at her exclamation, and she felt like she just missed something again. 

"Wait, are you assuming he becomes my husband?" She called out and looked at Izayoi somewhat, not understanding it. 

"Indeed, according to him, you even spend a night together." 

"Yes, we did on two different futons just in the same room, that happens when you are a Shinobi." She said, not getting the point he was speaking about. 

"Head, you are very dense sometimes." Izayoi frowned. "I am lost pity Shisui-san." 

Now Gene finally felt like she didn't get the elephant in the room and tilted her head. Her brain tried to follow along the line of conversation. 

"Wait, Izayoi, do you mean Shisui likes me?" She asked but Izayoi was gone, the other children simply continued eating in silence, leaving Gene sitting where she was. 

"Hey, everyone, did you get that?" The looks she received spoke volumes. 

It seemed as if everyone had gotten what he meant but her. 

Well, It will solve itself one way or another, or else they Izayoi or someone would already have insisted. 

Stretching her arms, she went to her room and walked into it past the camellia screen. Her futon was prepared and a bath steaming in the corner. The children had adapted to her routine and followed along it. They were slowly interacting, doing things beside hanging onto Izayoi or stare into nothing. She just hoped they continued to improve with time. 

--

The next morning was like every other morning. First she overslept, then she didn't find her morning drink and almost, only almost jumped by rooftop but remembering before she created another hole in her neighbor's roof and barreled top speed through the streets to the Hokage office. 
"Minato-san, Shikaku-san, Tsukiko, how are you?" she banged the door open, being in a exremely good mood, and looked at the two Hokage advisors and the Hokage himself who looked like they were just run over by a truck. "Everything okay?", she asked and eared a few condescending looks that spoke volumes about their respective moods. 

"What happened?" she asked, and Tsukiko made a victory sign. 

"I got us Shisui as a partner." she announced, and the other two were looking as if they wanted to eat the black clad child alive. 

"Yeah, after you simply spend the entire night refusing to accept any other option, I believe we mentioned every damn active Shinobi in the entirety of Konoha by now." Shikaku-san mumbled, and Gene could swear she saw his eyebrow twitch. "You are a menace."

"I know, but persistence always pays up, and if it's only by simply beating you with adamant refusal. It is my Team, why should I take any other third rate in comparison if I can have an elite Jonin, with all the fitting qualities whom I know and value. Who can follow orders, handles his missions perfectly to a T and is reliable as hell and even a qualified emergency field medic?" She smiled. "Would you take anyone else if you can have that?"

The silence in the room spoke another set of volumes. 

"So we do get Shisui?", Gene asked just for clarifying. 

"We get Shisui.", Tsukiko said and smiled impishly while wiggling her fingers and starting to laugh. "Uhahahahahahaha" in the imitation of a crazy madman, or an evil witch. 

Gene raised her thumbs. "Great, I have to go tell Seiyu, and Tsukiko?"

Tsukiko looked at her. 

"Don't do that, you seem megalomaniac when you do that." 

"A megalomaniac attempting world conquest I hope, dreams need to be optimistic and big after all." 

"Yeah, maybe I should switch to that fraction as well, by Minato-san, Shikaku-san, I have to spread news." Gene noticed continuing with their banter and vanishing while skipping happily and passing by a few office workers leaving footprints in the ground from how heavy those weight were. Looking back, she slowly understood at least something. 

At least now I know why Maito Guy always moves around that fast, I believe it must be very annoying on a mission if you leave behind footprints like that with sufficient speed it must be possible to avoid those, how long do I need to walk around with those anyway I still got no clue how heavy they are. 
Maybe I should find out or ask Kushina. 

 

24