III Chapter 6 – Visitors
541 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gene saw the cold glint of metal in her peripheral vision and flashed her Chakra, next to her Itachi swayed a bit and had to take an extra jump, shooting her an angry look.

Was that much necessary?

Gene smiled apologetic, that had not been her intention, her chakra control had gotten worse than ever since she had the Kyuubi inside her and becoming a Jinchuuriki, Kushina said it was a side effect of having the Yin half of the Kyuubi inside her. 
Tsukiko flashed hers a short time and told Gene, understood I am off, Shisui as well got a bit closer than before, the tension in their small group rising, Tsukiko had herself fall behind and exchanged a few words with the slightly lost in his thoughts looking leader of the delegation before jumping forward again, they drew the line between them closer and Gene covered her hands in chakra underneath her wide sleeves. The penetrating cold feeling comfortable on her skin, her eyes activating emitted a faint glow, and she licked her lips. 
Every one of them was geared for immediate action. 

Shisui was the first to act, a body flicker, and he vanished, Itachi sprung into action making their formation a triangle. Tsukiko in front nodded and Gene nodded back, she too vanished at blazing speed. Leaving Itachi and Gene at the carriage. 

Itachi shot her a look and she nodded back, the Sharingan in his eyes activated, three swirling Tomoe observing the surroundings, he made a small gesture to his left, and she nodded. 

Over there.

Since body flickers were not a part of her arsenal she created a small icycle in her hand, moving it she shot it covered slightly in chakra into the direction Itachi had pointed at. The reaction did arrive promptly. A sharp Kunai with an explosion Tag flew towards her. Gene smiled as Itachi casually avoided it, and she felt it entering her sphere of influence, ever since she became a Jinchuuriki she had grown capable of using her [Ice Style: Popsicle] Justu even without physical contact just needed to be in the immediate vicinity. 
The Kunai froze over alongside the Tag and dropped like a stone to the ground, with Gene smiling. 

That won't work.

Itachi had followed the line of the Kunai and smiled as he used his Sharingan to pinpoint their opponent, who thought himself safe at this distance. He sure underestimated Itachi, he regularly trained against people using a vanishing Jutsu and knew how to pinpoint someone by the line a Kunai or Shuriken flew from. 

He signed her the immediate Position, and she grinned, unfastening her bow. She put her hand on the empty bowstring and drew, it must look like a joke, a moment later she let an Arrow made of Ice loose. Followed by her drawing another wooden arrow from her quiver, covering it in ample amounts of wind Chakra. 

Time to be flashy.

She signaled a fast warning for Tsukiko and Shisui before letting loose. 

[Wind Style: Not so gentle breeze.]

The air swirled around the arrow, accumulating, more and more until it formed a torrent of wind ripping out trees and leaving a wake of devastation in its tracks. A Shinobi jumped up and looked at the mini tornado she just caused, the same way Itachi did. 

Damn, that was a bit to much.

"I had him located. Do that when I haven't!", Itachi shouted back, and she smiled a bit apologetic jet again. 

Itachi seemed like accepting the situation. Meanwhile, the delegation speed up. Gene put her bow away and created a line of hand signs before a line of icicles surrounded her, and she smiled, great, she was already liking this. "Leave it to you Itachi!", she shouted and went after the Shinobi she had just bombed out of his hiding space, sending a few icicles flying with a sleight of hand. 

The Shinobi avoided them, and she saw the sign he wore on his headband. 

Suna. 

She noticed an immense amount of air being sucked from next to her and a white, faintly golden line rushing towards her. Jumping back, she narrowly avoided it, a bit of her white hair being cut. A flash of red came closer and if she hadn't noticed the color, she jumped away again and formed another line of hand signs, but the first Shinobi and also whoever that red flash had been gone. 

She looked around a bit lost and decided to head into cover herself, whoever or whatever that had been, it was incredibly fast. 

She made more hand signs. 

[Water Style: Vanishing]

Feeling herself vanish from plain sight, she started to move in circles around the delegation. She felt Shisui using his Charka not too far off, body flicker after body flicker he must be moving against a fast opponent and while she couldn't feel Tsukiko she assumed she felt her opponent fighting. 
But that flash of red, who had been that. The air cutting wind, it must have been a Jutsu and her opponent had moved faster than Tsukiko without using body flickers. 

Now my dear Suna Shinobi, who are you, and why are you attacking us?

She bit her lip and saw Itachi with the delegation, sending a small flash his way to signal she was there just hidden before jumping further. Her bow ready to be drawn in hand and her senses stretched to the limit, it was now a game of patience, who made the first mistake, attacked first. 

She discovered a flash of red in the woodwork and a slight smile, she drew her bow and took the red haired slender Shinobi with a Katana in hand into sightseeing, still with the back towards her. Licking her lips, Gene aimed, but then a small alarm in her brain went off, and she ducked. 

18