III Chapter 28 – Kirigakure
435 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gene stepped on the shores of the water country with a bad feeling, she could literally touch the strange atmosphere around her. As if a veil was above her. Around her, suffocating her in the strangest of ways. 

The water countries Delegation was smiling politely waiting for them. The Shinobi behind them all wore masks, but she would feel their gazes on her, she could touch their suspicion, and their hostility with her bare hands. Determined that it would not affect her, she walked past them following after Tsukiko and the Delegation, but truly it was an uncomfortable situation. 

"I greet you." The Mizukage said and Gene shuddered, something was wrong with this one, his eyes were dead, not just blank but utterly dead, there was nothing in them. "I am the Yondaime Mizukage Yagura Karatachi.", his voice was just as flat, it frightened her that he was also younger than the other Kages she had ever met, younger than even Minato. 

"It is my honor to meet you." the delegation Leader said and Tsukiko bowed alongside him, but if the aura she was excluding was anything to go by, she was not very pleased. Gene noticed Shisui who placed himself next to her, and she felt a bit more comfortable with him next to her. Under watchful eyes, they walked past the metal buildings and the thick mist of the village. 

It was an uncomfortable place to be at and if Tsukikos expression was anything to go by she was not comfortable either, instead she was extremely uncomfortable and kept observing her surroundings with watchful eyes. "I don't like it." Gene muttered to Shisui and Itachi who were moving up to their Team leader and the head of the delegation. 

"We expected animosity, but not that much, and I have not seen a single civilian jet." Shisui noted and Gene nodded, all they had encountered up until now were Shinobi, and it was a strange sight. The fog was slowly clearing, and the city covered in snow came to sight. Gene rolled her shoulders watching it the surroundings, feeling a sense of déjà vu as if she had seen these places before. 

"Over there, down the corner is a sweet store with good...." she stopped, how the hell did she know that, the former owners memories again? 

Then they passed by a deadly familiar face, and she had to stop a moment and kept staring, she knew those places, she has seen of those faces before, but she couldn't put the finger on to where from. Shisui took her arm and dragged her behind, and she followed him without resistance. 
"Get a hold of yourself." he muttered, and she nodded, yes he was right, this was not the right time to wonder, she had a mission to fulfill. 

"Sorry." she told him and shoved all thought back, donning on a mask of expressionlesness. She followed after the others when they entered the Mizukages building and the Kage stopped. "You are welcome, all but her." he pointed at Gene. "I have no nerves for cursed ones, and even less for failures and traitors that have the nerves of coming here with another villages' delegation." 

Tuskikos smile went up, and it was frighteningly friendly, she was short on exploding, like blowing up as a bomb. "Then I assume you do not want to converse with us either." she said. "We are here with friendly intentions, your village's economic situation is utterly terrible, and you know it, we know it, no need to make a secret of it. And calling a Chuunin her age useless, well..." Tsukiko smiled ad shrugged her shoulders. 
"Well, Tsukiko, talk with them...Shisui and I we will go visit a few sweets shops." Gene said and winked at her, mounting off in French to find some civilians while we are at it. 

"Alright, but be careful." Tsukiko said. "And tell us where we can get something good to eat, right, Itachi?" 

"Sure." Gene nodded and grabbed Shisui and went off, leaving behind the delegation. 

"What are we doing now?" He asked with a glance at their escorts. 

"We go on a little trip. I want to know where the civilians are and why the entire atmosphere in this village seems so wrong." She whispered and moved her fingers. " Your body flicker and a vanishing right after." She uttered, knowing the others would hear her. 

"Alright." He picked her up and she waved at them. A body flicker later, she completed her jutsu. 

[Water Style: Vanishing] 

They blurred and vanishing in plain sight. Shisui did another body flicker, and they landed on a mist covered rooftop. "For now we are safe, but they will soon find out that they just need to follow your chakra signature to find us." Shisui said, and Gene nodded. 

" We keep moving, and then we simply tweak a henge." 

"You suck at Henge justus." Shisui noted, and Gene growled at him. "Then you do one for me." She muttered and jumped downwards, landing on the snow covered empty street. "But first we will be heading that way." 

She stepped forward and followed her gut, there was somewhere, somewhere where she needed to go and to be. She didn't know why, but she needed to. "Where are we going?" Shisui asked, and she shrugged her shoulders. 

"No idea, just following my gut." She told him and he nodded. Together they hurried through the snow and Gene felt like an invisible threat pulling her. She cut corners and followed the streets, the buildings, all of it becoming more and more familiar. She felt as if trapped entirely in a déjà vu, one she could not escape. Skittering, she came to a halt and stared at the building in front of her. A broken down wooden entrance, snow covered and the moldy scent of rotten wood. 

"This is where I was born." She muttered and touched the wood. "This is the Yuki." And suddenly she felt the memories come back. Not the pre Genevieve's memories...but her own. 

Little Fuyune....

 

18