CHAPTER 41: A Date With Iris
238 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up the next morning. I wasn't going to school today because it's our day off. I just got out of bed and did my daily workout in the garden. Then when my workout was over, I went home and took a shower. Celina, Ivy and Iris were already up. I actually had the feeling that someone is watching me during my morning practice and during my workout I tried to sneak peek and realized that someone is actually watching me. That person was, of course, Iris.

After taking a shower, I started walking towards the dining table. Celina had already prepared the food. Since I can't eat normal human food anymore, I needed to use the demon cooking sauce in my inventory, but since I couldn't use it in front of Celina, Ivy, and Iris, I bought a hot sauce yesterday and emptied it and filled it with demon cooking sauce. Celina, Ivy, and Iris don't like speed, so they don't mess with it, and they don't mind that I put hot sauce on my food because I like it too. And the smell of the food itself will hide the smell of the demon cooking sauce. So we started to have breakfast.

"Iris, where would you like to go on today's date?" I asked to Iris during at breakfast.

Iris' face turned red as soon as I asked.

"W-were you serious about w-what you said at the time?" Iris asked with red face while stammering.

"About date? Of course I was serious. I never joke about this kind of thing." I said to Iris

"Then I want to go to Kitty's cafe." Iris said.

Kitty's Cafe is actually a cafe that serves both humans and demons. The reason for the name is known as the owner of a cat-like race and the employees cosplaying the cat. Employees are also multi racial because demons and humans have different cultures, and even among demon races, there are different cultures, so there are workers of all races or close to that race. All of them have one thing in common and that is that they all cosplay cats.

Some cafes purposely serve only humans, while others only serve demons. This is because of racial conflicts. Food that is normal for a demon can disgust people. For example, a vampire drinking blood causes some people to be disgusted, and if the owner of that establishment is a human, they give priority to their human customers and set that establishment to be for humans only. On the other hand, the situation is a little different in demon dining places.

There are many demon races, including Ghouls, and when people go there, for example, they can complain to the owner of the establishment that they see a ghoul eating, for this image, but if the owner of the establishment is a demon, he arranges that dining place only for demons. That's why Kitty's Cafe is a very special place where both demons and humans can dine side by side. When there is a dispute or a problem, the owner can objectively decide who is right and provide justice.

"All right, then we're going to Kitty's Cafe." I said with smiling.

I could tell from Iris' face that she was truly happy. We had our breakfast as normal and got ready for our date with Iris in the afternoon.

I got ready in the afternoon and waited downstairs for Iris to arrive. I was wearing a white jacket over a black t-shirt, black pants and white striped sneakers on black. After a while Iris arrived, wearing a hoodie over a gray shirt. Although they were ordinary clothes, they were extremely beautiful and harmonious on Iris. A person who looks at the current state of Iris and says it doesn't look good is definitely blind.

"Iris, you look so beautiful." I said to Iris.

"R-really? Aren't these outfits so plain?" Iris said with red cheeks.

Unlike other girls, Iris does not like to go shopping. I never know why.

"Of course not. You look great in any outfit." I said.

Iris's cheeks turned red.

"We're leaving." I said to Celina and Ivy. And me and Iris left.

We started walking to reach Kitty's Cafe. Actually, we could go by motorcycle, but since Iris does not like to ride a motorcycle, we decided to walk. A lot of people were looking at us while we were walking down the road, so I decided to take this opportunity right away and put my arm around Iris's shoulder and pulled Iris to my side.

Iris' cheeks turned red the moment I pulled her close to me, but she didn't resist, even wrapping her own arm around me. We were walking down the road as an officially perfect couple. While the men who saw us walking by hugging gave me envious glances, the girls started to blush on their cheeks when they saw our hug.

After walking for a while, we arrived at Kitty's Cafe. We went inside and there were several sections inside. For humans, it's the part where the human waiters look after, for the demons, the demon part where all kinds of demons take care of, and the beast-kin part where the beast-kin take care of. And we started walking towards the demon part.

"Jake, are you sure? If you want we can go to human part." Iris said.

"Certainly. Anyway, my race is still uncertain, so I have to be prepared for any situation and learn." I said and we walked towards to demon part.

As soon as we passed the table, a female waitress came and when I looked at her race, it turned out to be a succubus. I really would never have guessed that a succubus would work here but she is a really beautiful girl with cat ears and a cat tail.

"Welcome, may I see your racial identities? Nyan~" Waitress said while a cat meows at the end.

Racial identities are the specific identities of each race. Because the waitress will bring us a menu based on our racial identity. Because the food habits of each race are different and if they want to collect them all in one menu, an encyclopedia-sized menu will be needed.

The waitress gave us two menus, mine is human and Iris's is succubus.

I studied the menu a bit and then decided on it.

"I want a mixed pizza and it would be nice if hot sauce was put on it while it's cooking." I said.

"I also want a succubus special pizza." Iris said.

Since pizza is one of Iris's favorite meals, she ordered pizza.

As a drink, we both ordered coke.

"I have to go to the bathroom for two minutes." I said to Iris and stood up.

4