CHAPTER 49: Dungeon Exam (V)
127 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Huh? Jake?"

"Kana?"

"Huh?" Right next to Kana, a woman who looks a lot like Kana but looks more mature made a surprised sound.

"So we met." I said with smile.

"Yeah. How's it going?" While saying this, Kana was looking at the 4 people in the back.

"Not bad. I got some dead weight, but that's okay." I said with smile.

"Hey! Are you calling us dead weight?!" The boy with the shield, Jeff, shouted from behind.

"Like you see."

"Yeah I see."

"Oh let me introduce you." Realizing that I was looking at Kana's older sister, Kana immediately spoke to introduce me.

"Jake, this is my older sister Jasmine Rudra. Sister, this is Jake Snowtail."

"Nice to meet you I'm Jake Snowtail."

"Nice to meet you too I'm Jasmine Rudra, Mr. Dark Knight."

"Hahahaha You can call me Jake there is no need for using title."

"No, actually, I have to be respectful to you." Jasmine answered me.

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"I guess you don't know because you're new, but actually every seat on the disciplinary committee has a hierarchy in school. 3rd graders like me have to respect the 9th seat and above, the 10th seat and below are equal or below to us, in this case the strong ones have the say."

I couldn't help chuckling when I remembered the hostile glances the current 10th seat on the disciplinary committee gave me.

"Is there something funny in what I said?" Noticing my chuckle, Jasmine asked.

"Oh sorry not that, I just realized why the old 9th seat new 10th seat man on the disciplinary committee was so hostile towards me and I couldn't help my chuckle." I answered honestly.

"Oh you must be talking about Cole Randall. He wasn't a very nice person, in fact, he was a disgrace to the disciplinary committee. We complained many times for his dismissal, but we were lacking in witnesses and evidence."

"What did he do?" Finding out what Cole's been up to could give me leverage against Cole.

"Actually a lot of things, harassing female students, extortion, bullying and more."

"But isn't that all evidence, even if only a few of the students who were bullied testify."

"Everyone who was bullied by Cole was handpicked by Cole. The families of the bullies either work for Randall's company or their subsidiary, and if they testify against Cole-"

"Their families will be fired from their jobs."

"Yeah."

"I see. I'll see what I can do."

"Thanks, that's all I want."

"It doesn't matter after all, I don't want such bully scumbags at my school."

"I've noticed you're a good person since you directly disqualified Kana without hurting her in that fight."

"Hm? How did you know what I did?"

"Intimidation is one of the things 3rd graders are taught, and I realized it when you used it right there and disqualified Kana so she wouldn't get hurt."

"After all, Kana didn't do anything bad to me, I just took my revenge from Alec and his friends who attacked me."

"Anyway, let's move on, we wasted a lot of time." I said and we started to move.

And we continued on our way, many goblins appeared along the way, but I killed them all at once. Sometimes I used my Mana zone skill, sometimes with my sword, sometimes I asked June for her bow and killed it with an arrow. Although it's a bit bad to be able to level up only 1 after killing dozens of them, we collected a lot of mana cores.

"Jake, aren't you tired?" Jasmine asked.

"Huh? Why?" I asked curiously.

"You know you use so many skills and martial arts in a row you killed almost 70 ordinary and many other kinds of goblins, I thought maybe you are tired."

"Hmm actually it's okay for me, I'm having a lot of fun. We can take a break if you want." I said with smile.

"No need to take a break, we can fight too." Jasmine said with a determined expression on her face.

"Ok. Hey you 4 of you step forward and don't be complacent because I'm behind you. Getting hurt is quite natural." I called out to the 4, who were quietly following us behind us.

"Why do we have to fight?!" This question, of course, came from Jeff, the boy with the shield.

"Do not participate if you want, but your participation in fights will affect the report I will give about you. What do you want me to write: That you hide behind without participating in fights and you are not available. Or: You're doing your duty in fights and all you need is to get a little stronger. Which would you like me to write? The choice is yours." After what I said, Jeff's face fell. Because he knew that although he came to this school for prestige, such reports will destroy that prestige and put his future in a difficult situation.

"Fine!" Jeff answered.

"Things would have been much simpler if you had done it the first time I told you." I said with smile.

"Tch!"

"Even though I told you it wouldn't help you, I have decided to give you advice out of magnanimity. Ahem! First of all, Tank will be in the front, there will be a warrior right behind you, and behind the warrior, there will be a mage and an archer at the back. Now let's start giving advice to all of you.

Shield boy, you know your duty but why don't you use skill? Increase your defense, increase your strength, those skills are not for decoration, use them."

"Tch Fine."

"Mage boy, what other spells can you cast?" I asked.

"My name is not mage boy! I can also use water and wind magic, but my highest affinity is with fire."

"Well first of all you are not allowed to use fire magic here we all need to breathe and fire burns oxygen. From now on, you can only use water or wind magic."

"Fine"

"Alice, you have to learn to use a sword. Tell me what skills you have?"

"I have low level sword knowledge, and low level acceleration, power boost and stamina increase skills."

"And-" She looked like she was going to say something, but then she stopped speaking.

"You don't have to say it if you don't want to. Everyone has secrets and trump cards."

"Well for your problem, could it be that you're afraid of doing harm?"

Join My Pat*eon

https://www.pat*eon.com/DEADLY_SHADOW

3