Chapter 5 – Well Wishes And Goodnights
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The room took on a more pensive feel. It only became worst as many of them gave into their imagination, and in doing so, gave up future prospects, and goals, they themselves had chosen. Froyd watched as two more asked to waive their right to the Maypole ceremony. A tall male, and the female with tanned skin, and green eyes.

The lights were flickering after the mages spell, further adding to the mood. He ran his eyes over the twelve remaining, and nodded approvingly. He said.

"The last bit of information I'll dispense, is about the tokens." 

The participants perked up at the mention of tokens. They were something unique down to the individual level, all utilizing one special spell, but opening a variety of usages to the mage. For instance, Froyd's mother, Debra, could breath under water because of a token. And later somehow, she had learned to use it to walk on water.  And that, he had found incredible.

"I'll also elaborate the pain of receiving a token."

Finally, Froyd let the question slip. 

"You enjoy scaring people, don't you?"

The Arch Mage answered without a hitch.

 "Yes, only to keep them safe, though. I'll go on, now."

"When the array is started, the world will look different. Think of when one of those major gangs is about to commit a crime." He went on for another hour, explaining more things that they became more and more certain, were secrets to the general public. 

By the time it came to an end, the food on floor, and on them, had started to take on an odor.

"Now, you may all have a safe journey. Goodnight, you may go to the showers." 

A white opened the door from other end, and the group filed out in silence. Their minds busy, overfilled with content to digest. Froyd was certain of one thing, he wouldn't sleep very well.

.........................

The lights had been a nuisance on the first night. The bunk bed was bolted to the ground and he hadn't dared to remove them. Tonight though, they'd showed him the waves. Calming nerves that felt, just slightly, tight. Watching the movement of something so bottomless, and black, had drawn him into it's folds. And at some point, he'd fell asleep.

There hadn't been sunlight in days, Froyd saw it through his eyelids. He sat up excitedly. He was prepared  for the part of his life he'd actually control. 

0