Chapter Two: Elexis
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next time she heard a whisper at the tavern she came home stone faced. Axton asked her if it was news about Elspeth. It wasn't but she couldn't say it. Cinis Sarnifeace was gone, had disappeared the same night the fae generals did. The King has not announced the disappearance of his blade or of the princess but the servants knew that his blade was gone. Cinis, Ana had been captured by Aine, the ancient witch queen. Ana was gone, across the sea, and there was nothing she could do. She couldn't say whether it was worse to be in the King's hand's or Aine's, but she knew neither was good.

Airleche had already set off for Dianais when they caught word of Ana's disappearance having left for the port town of Ilnyas a few days before. Oya and Farlen had returned from Nocturn a few days after. They told her that Suzette had confirmed the rumors along with telling them some pretty gruesome stories she told them how the fae warriors had taken Ana. They needed that information, they needed those eyes and ears in Rossihem now more than ever, even if there was likely nothing they could do. It was still better to know what was happening in Rossihem than to be completely blind about what was happening to her sister.

She couldn't help Ana, but she could help Elspeth, she had to. If she couldn't save even one member of the court, then what kind of a queen was she?

1