Chapter Ten: Lythian
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was impossible, she had heard they had escaped, had heard that the lost children of Altoness were leading the rebellion, but Axton, and Elexis. And the rebels had been looking for Elspeth, they had attacked the mine looking for Elspeth. And they found her instead, she wished it had been her that night, the rebellion needed someone strong like Elspeth, not someone who ran when things got scary. Elspeth, how she wished she were here now, to show her what to do. Who had been the one to save her?

"Wh-who saved me?"

"Bevin, he was the one that got you to the wagon." Reagan said sharply

"C-can I see him?" Elexis and Axton looked at each other like they weren't willing to give her up yet but she didn't care, she wanted to see him again and thank him.

She was in a tent swallowed by blankets when he came in, Bevin.

"So your Lythian, well I didn't expect that." he said it nonchalantly, like it didn't matter and a part of her was grateful for the normalcy, finally someone who wasn't marveling at her. He sat down next to her and she smiled.

"Thank you for finding me." he gave her a smile "And for carrying me out." she reddened a bit but calmed again.

"Of course, you wouldn't have made it out otherwise, and there was no way I was letting you die before you saw the stars." She would have hugged him for that alone. The stars, every time she looked up to the open sky it felt like a miracle.

The Sun, the stars, The Moon. It had all survived, she hadn't seen the stars in so long, the lights of Nocturn drowned them out. It had felt like they had died with her. But they were still there, along with the moon. Elexis was alive, the roaring and crashing of waves at sea, the rumble of thunder and rain storms. Elexis, the spirit of the wild waters, always churning and moving. And the sun, it was still there, still shining bright as ever. She hadn't heard a mention of Anatia though, not a word of her burning raging sister. The girl that burned with joy and anger and sadness, the sister that she had hugged on stormy nights and ran with in bright summer meadows. The sister who read her stories with her and played games in the halls. She hadn't heard a whisper of that girl, and she was terrified to find out why that might be.

0