Chapter 1: Everyone dies!
186 9 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

ch0-a.png

My name is Same Manuals. It was supposed to be Sam, as in Samuel, but there was a typo in my birth certificate, at least that's what my Mom says. But I guess the name is apt as nothing interesting happens to me at all. Everything is more or less the same as everyone else. I get bored of it at times, but what can you do? I guess that's why video games, manga, web novels, and all sorts of escapist entertainment exists. It's not too bad, I guess, so might as well just go on living my life, working my way to being a car repair man, and maybe owning my own business someday. Yeah, just a typical life for me.
Me and my friends Flora, Stephanie, Corey, Marcus, and Oliver met up outside the convenience store after school, just buying some chips like we always do. We exit the store, planning on spending a few moments figuring out where to go, when Ronna, appears.

ch0-b.png

She's the worse human being I have ever met, bullying everyone mercilessly. She throws people's backpacks out the window, hurls trashcans at people who look at her weird, throwing malatov cocktails in the middle of a football game, and siccing rabid dogs at unsuspecting victims. Why would anyone have rabid dogs at their disposal? Well, after weeks of this madness, she finally got her comeuppance and got expelled from school.
Now she roams the streets like a lunatic, attacking anyone who dares cross her path. Why isn't she in jail or an insane asylum? Something to do with taxes and police shortage or something like that, I don't know.
"Yo, useless cockroaches, give me your chips!"
My friend Stephanie responds, "You're calling us useless? What about you, you bum?"
"Shut the f**k up, b**ch! I rule these streets now. Nobody messes with me. You know I once beat up a police dog, right? They tried to sic him on me, so I set it on fire and threw it back at them. That's what's going to happen to you."
"That's horrible!" retorts Flora.
"Unless you want to be next, give me your chips."
"No way," said Corey, "You should be in jail by now. You committed more crimes than the average thug."
"It's only a crime if I get caught, and I haven't been caught yet."
"You just admitted to killing a police dog," comments Oliver, "and maybe setting a police officer on fire."
"I threw the dog into the car, idiot, but that's not the point. You got to pay the toll, or Im gonna pay you with my fist, okay?"
I finally step in, "Ronna, get the hell out of here. You're crazy! I heard you got in a fight with a girl and ripped the skin out of her face with your teeth."
"Yeah, she ain't pretty anymore."
"Society has had enough of you. Stephanie, call the police."
"Don't you dare!" she tries to take the phone away from Steph, but I get in front of her.
"Same old Same ol' Same!"
"Back off, Ronna. I'm the only one crazy enough to take you on."
"Yeah, and because you're cute, I take it easy on you. After all, I know you have a crush on me. If you only go out with me, then I wouldn't have to mess with your friends. So come on already. Don't worry. I won't bite your d**k off, I'll just nibble on it."
And this is why I wear a cup, but someone has to take her on. I pop a chip into my mouth, take a bite out of it.
As the epic battle between good and evil was about to commence, the store doors open, and out comes a little girl with a bag of chips.
ch0-c.png

"Whose this kid?" Ronna asks.
"You're in the way." The kid says in a demanding tone.
"Beat it, kid. I'm about to commit a murder here, you know. Don't make it a double homicide."
"Get out of my way you s**t head!"
"Stupid little brat. Don't make kick you into the street and turn you into road kill."
"Ronna," I tell her, "leave her out of this. She's just a kid."
"I don't give a f**k! I'll bite this kid's head off and then eat her intestines."
"Are you going to get out of my way, you homeless slut," the little kid says to our utter shock, "or am I going to have to beat your ass?"
"Slut? you little b**ch!"
"F**k you, you whore. Go suck some homeless drug addict's d**k and get anally raped by a f***ing dog you c**t!" What the hell? This kid's got a mouth on her, and Ronna is not too thrilled about it. She pushes the kid onto the wall, causing her to spill her chips onto the ground. "MY CHIPS!"
Ronna retorts, "Go home and get f**ked by your dad, you b**ch!"
The girl walks up to Ronna and punches her in the gut. Holy crap! Ronna, who can take a spray of mace on her face, recoils from this kid's punch.
"Knock it off, you two!" I say, "The cops will be here any minute!"
"I don't give a f**k! I'll just steal a car and run them over, juts like I'm going to do with- OW!" The yell startled us all as we witness the little girl kick her in the shin. "You stupid little f**king brat! Go to Hell!"
Ronna kicks the little girl, but she manages to block it with her arms. With a great swing, the kid punches her gut again, but Ronna simply staggers back this time.
"That's not going to work on me again!" As she was saying this, she grabs a bottle and tosses it at her the kid's head, shattering it on her forehead. Blood starts oozing from her face, but the kid simply grabs the broken bottle and runs towards Ronna.
"Someone stop them!" yells Flora.
I try to get in, but those two are going at it. The kid tackles Ronna to the ground but before she can shove the broken bottle to her face, Ronna grabs a piece of glass and cuts the kid in the cheek. I run over to them, but Ronna kicks the kid in my direction, forcing me to catch her in the air as we both fall to the ground. Without wasting time, the kid gets up again and runs towards her opponent. Ronna isn't done yet as she knees the kid in the face. Without time to scream in pain, the kid grabs Ronna by her legs and starts biting her calf. The yell that emitting from Ronna was so loud we had to cover our ears.
She grabs the kid's shoulders and pulls her off her leg, not caring that some of her skin was torn off, and tosses her into the street like a sack of potatoes. The kid lands in the middle of the street on her back, shouting from pain. We're all frozen from awe at what just transpired, while I was wondering where the hell was the police!
But to our utter shock, the little girl gets up on her feet. She had a bit of trouble getting up, but for a 10-year-old, she took that hit rather well.
But what she didn't take well was the truck that crushes her as it sped off.
"HOLY S**T!" Stephanie yells out. Flora screams as she covers her eyes. Me and the guys are just looking there stunned. Even Ronna can't comprehend what just happened.
But there was nothing on the street. No roadkill splatter of what was once a little girl remained. All of us run into the spot where we last saw her and confirm that nothing was there.
"What happened?" asks Oliver. "Didn't we see that kid die?"
"I saw it too! I saw it too!" Flora was hysterical. "That poor little girl!" Stephanie runs over to her to comfort her, but there's nothing here to mourn. She's vanished.
"Did I kick that kick so hard that she literally disappeared?" says Ronna, just as perplexed.
"WATCH OUT!" shouts Oliver as the same truck returned and was about to hit us! It didn't honk or anything but it was screeching, trying to stop. There was no time to dodge it, it was going so fast. Every one of us was smashed against the grille, killing everyone instantly, except for me. I felt as if all my bones were shattered into a billion pieces, blood was flowing out of my mouth, my vision was getting dark. All I could see were my friends, laying on the ground, motionless. Even though I was about to meet my end, I would've sworn I saw them disappear one by one.
But that wasn't the last thing I saw. The very last moments of my life were witnessing an even bigger truck crushing the truck that hit us, and about to crush me too.

A new adventure begins, folks. I am currently looking for suggestions on chip flavors and types for different effects. Submit your ideas in the comments if you want in, and it may just be a part of the story. See the glossary for details.

4