Chapter 3: Divine Crisps
64 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We do not know what magic those crisps contain," the old man continued, "but others who were summoned here had brought along with them those same magical edibles. Once consumed, their power augmented beyond our wildest dreams."

"Those must be my friends!"

"One by one, every few weeks, they would appear and brought with them a bag of their own, and it's been told that you are the last one summoned."

"Tell me, where are they? I must see them."

"They are scattered throughout the world of Crum Sir Manuals. However, because of their Divine Edibles, they were capable of reaching great powers and overcoming their limitations."

"But I still have mine with me. Why didn't you eat them if you could?"

"We learned our lesson when we trusted the soon-to-be villainess Ronna with her edibles. In fact, there are many more of these crisps spread across the kingdom, and they are now a highly sought after commodity. Many more heroes and adversaries native to our world have rendered their incredible power from those crisps as they have become the most powerful beings in our world. If anyone were to find even a single crisp, their power would increase by ten-fold. Alchemist and sorcerers alike are now trying to uncover its secrets. No matter how many potatoes or pita's we crisps, no matter how much magic we infuse, we cannot replicate its augmenting powers!"

"That doesn't explain why you didn't eat my bag if anyone can benefit from it. You just said that there are others who have. Why not you or anyone here?"

"Alas, I am too weak to consume them. For some reason, anyone who consumes these Divine Crisps gets ill. Eat too many and they will suffer great pangs of pain, and this may be their demise. Even a single one can give you a troubling upset stomach. However, those brave enough to endure the pain can benefit from these powers tremendously, should they survive that is. Such are the influence of the Divine Crisps that there are those who risk their lives to take even a single bite. But this seems to be exempt to you and your companions. Only you can eat these without any trouble."

"Where I come from, this is just junk food. There's not benefit other than feeling good. How could they possibly give people in this world powers?"

"It has to do with the ingredients. Your crisps contain Divine Articles infused into them that give them their fabulous power. Such ingredients do not exist in our world. They are truly from a plane greater than what we could imagine."

"What ingredients?"

"Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Monosodium Glutamate, Maltodextrine, among other foreign ingredients that leave us spellbound. They even sound otherworldly." Hmm... maybe I shouldn't tell them they're just preservatives... I think. What is that stuff, anyway?

"This all sounds insane. But then again, I did level up when I ate a chip. Let me consume my entire bag and see what happens."

I take my bag, and without hesitation, ate every single one. A great light suddenly burst from within. I was floating in the air as particles of light fluttered around me. In a great dramatic fashion, all light suddenly expanded, blinding everyone, and slowly contracted within me as I landed softly.

LEVEL UP!
All ailments have been healed!
Attack, Defense increased
LEVEL UP!
All ailments have been healed!
Attack increased
LEVEL UP!
LEVEL UP!
????????
All ailments have been healed!
Attack increased
????????
LEVEL UP!
All ailments have been healed!
Attack increased
LEVEL UP!
LEVEL UP!
LEVEL UP!
LEVEL UP!
All ailments have been healed!
Attack increased
LEVEL UP!
LEVEL UP!
LEVEL UP!
LEVEL UP!
All ailments have been healed!
Attack increased
LEVEL UP!
LEVEL UP!
LEVEL UP!
LEVEL UP!
LEVEL UP!
You are now hungry.
You are now hungry.
You are now hungry.
You are now hungry.
You are no longer hungry.
You are now hungry.
You are no longer hungry.
You are now hungry.
You are now hungry.
You are now hungry.
You are now hungry.
You have been Poisoned.
You are no longer Poisoned.
You have been Poisoned.
You have been Poisoned.
You are now ????
???????
You
You
You
NINOMREHDEOICDJIF!
NINOMREHDEOICDJIF!
NINOMREHDEOICDJIF!
NINOMREHDEOICDJIF!
NINOMREHDEOICDJIF!
NINOMREHDEOICDJIF!
NINOMREHDEOICDJIF!
NINOMREHDEOICDJIF!
NINOMREHDEOICDJIF!

What the...? What a weird message. I might as well look at my stats.

Same Manuals
Level: 21
Exp: 1,244
HP: 221/221
MP: 0/0
Attack: 5,878 (+4,625)
Defense: 387 (+354)
Magic: 82
Focus: 67
Stamina: 341 (+354)
Vitality: 15
Endurance: 60%
Critical: 20%
Luck: 3%
Strength: 477 (+325)
Resistance: 45
Agility: 25

I still didn't understand what all this means, but if they are important, I'm going to assume this increase will be beneficial.

"Lord Manuals," says the Elder, "you truly are the destined hero to take down the Evil Villain who has come. Quickly, you must speak to the High Priestess."

"High priestess?"

"She was one of the summoned here and has become one of Crum's most powerful healers. High Priestess Stephanie Aegis."

"Steph!?"

At that instant, a message appeared before me.

QUEST ADDED
Seek your former companion, the High Priestess of the Kingdom of Onyun, Stephanie.

3