Chatper 15: Junkie
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rother had a long saw-like blade and I didn't doubt he knew how to use them. I position myself to defend but before I knew it, he was already slicing away. I could barely block his attacks as they were so quick, one even manages to cut my face.

"Come on, you coward," he taunts me, "attack me."

I wanted to. I wanted to strike him, but he kept attacking me at an incredible speed. Could it be from the chips he ate?

He presses me against the side of the truck as he winds up an attack. This one was slow enough for me to get out of the way as he tears a hole into the side of the trailer. In this brief instance, I swing my sword to smash him, but he just as quickly backs off with a somersault. In a single leap, he's back at the top of the truck.

"Is this what goes for a Chosen Hero these days?" he taunts me. "I am disappointed. I'd figure the hero chosen by the gods would be a greater challenge, but you, I can kill easily without even trying. But as I said, I need you alive, so I'll just have my fun with you for the time being."

 


 

ch15.png

(Stephanie POV)

This weirdo is so quick and strong. No matter how much Elric and Luna try to hit him, he just dodges their attacks easily. The amount of power he puts in his sword must be so strong as not even the buffs I gave them can withstand them. And he's too fast for me to use Binding Ring on or attack him with Stat Decreasing Magic. None of us can touch him.He goes after me again but I use Repel to push him back. I have so many Magic Points to spare but most, if not all, of my magic are on the defensive side. I now realize I should've learned a few offensive spells.

But if Luna's attacks are any indication, then it would be no good. Even her most powerful spell, Lightning, isn't hitting him at all. This Oogle guy simply jumps out of the way before running around her in circles, hoping to confuse her. If it wasn't for Elric's persistence in pursuing him, she would've been a goner. She's only Level 15, her stats are comparative to anyone else of that level, with the exception of her boosted Magic Stats.

"How are you holding up, Luna?" I ask her.

"I can't seem to hit him, no matter how hard I try!"

"Don't spend your magic needlessly! He may be trying to waste your Magic Points!"

Oogle once again targets me as he races towards me. I shoot him with Freeze, but again, he dodges it like nothing. We can't stop him!

He pauses momentarily and just stares at us, his entire body trembling. He keeps scratching himself with his left hand as the longsword shakes in his right.

"I smells it! I smells it, I do! The crispys! I wants the crispys!"

According to that Rother guy, he can sniff out chips. We don't have any on us, but we did eat some for sure. This guy is like some kind of junkie.

"Hey, ugly," I hear Luna shout as she holds high in the air what seems to be a potato chip!

"Luna!" I remark.

"I was saving it for later, Priestess, but you know what to do now!"

"GIVES ME!" Oogle says as he races over towards her. Before he can even reach her, she tosses it over in my direction.

As soon as it lands on the ground, Oogle pounces on it and I use Binding Ring on him. The runic symbol is drawn on the floor as he tries to escape, but it's too late. The ring emits a dome around him. He can't get out so easily now. Not even attacking it with his sword will do anything.

"Elric! Quickly! Take him-"

"That's enough!" Another voice is heard. Incoming are knights bearing Onyun banners, and a knight in silver armor approaches us in his white horse draped with the Onyun colors.

"Priestess, why did you depart so suddenly?" speaks the knight.

"Well, I was ready to embark on my journey."

"His Majesty, King Ringles, did not approve of such a thing. You were to remain in Onyun until further notice."

"Umm... hello. I was summoned here by one of your goddesses to stop the Evil Overlord. Of course I'm heading off to adventure."

"The King's words are final."

"What part of 'summoned by a goddess' did you not understand?"

"And what of your marriage?"

"My what!?"

"UUUUUUUURRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!" I heard Oogle say in a very disturbed manner.

"What is that thing?" the knight said.

"Elric! Take him down already!"

"Oh, yes..." Oh my gosh, did he really just stand there all this time.

It appears that Oogle had eaten the chip and was getting that stomachache, but it doesn't matter. That ring is going to keep him-

CRUSH!

AH! The Biding Ring! He broke through, and the force in which he exerted onto the ring itself pushed me by association. Elric runs towards me as Oogle tries to attack me. He blocks the incoming attack and pushes Oogle away.

"Stop him! He's dangerous!" I shout at the Knights, and everyone one of them goes after him. But it was no use. That longsword of his swings wildly, slicing and dicing. It was as before with his own men. Nobody can take him down. He's just so strong.

"I smells another one! Another crispies!"

I head over to Luna, "You have another one?"

"No. That was the only one!" she tells me.

"Elric?"

"Not I," He responds.

"In that case..." I go over to the knight in armor who was trying to subdue Oogle. I grab him while Oogle was dealing with others, "What do you have? Do you have a Divine Crisps?"

"That's right. Priestess, we found a bag of Divine Crisps, but it may have been cursed!"

"Cursed?"

A squire of his suddenly appears with a small box. He opens it to reveal a... flaming hot cheeto?

"We found a bag full of these, but the power contain within a single one overwhelmed even His Majesty, who went ill by merely breathing in its spiced miasma! Then a lowly guard took the bag therein as we tended to His

Majesty. All that was left was this one single crisp."

I had completely forgotten about flaming hot chips. If a regular flavored chip causes the people here a stomachache, and simply breathing this alone made the King sick...

"CRISPIE!" Out of nowhere, Oogle smashes his sword against the back of the knight, forcing me to back off. I try to shoot him with a Freeze spell but he once again Oogle proves his agility, but not without snatching the cheeto.

"It's mines! It's all mines!"

Without even wasting time, he plops it in his mouth. Oh crap!

 

ch12.png

 

0