3. Book
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[A/N: Before you start reading, this is a long chapter]

By the time I had noticed it, the bright moonlight is dissipating little by little and the night has already turned into dawn while I was still in a daze by what had just happened.

Regaining my sense of self from that unexpected shock, I then stand up and shake my head repeatedly from side to side.
And finishing it with a slap to my cheek.

I'm still sane, to be precise, I did that to keep my sanity from slipping away and to keep my focus.

"(Don't lose your objective!)"
"(Remember your goal!)"
"(Focus on yourself!)"

"Huum.... Haaah"

After taking a nice deep breath, my disordered mind then returned to its calm state.

"(Honestly, why did I got that shaken off after seeing that skeleton? I can't even remember who he was)"

That's my honest thought, even after being shocked by that sight, I still can't remember who he was.

His name is the only thing that I can remember about him and I had just learned about it just now.

If seeing his skeleton is enough to make me react that way then he must be someone important to me.

"Sigh"

Well, there is nothing that I can do right now, what is done is done.

Then a thought came to me.

"(If Glenn is already a skeleton, what about Alicia?)"

If she had already passed away then doesn't that mean that my goal, my objective is over?

While I am having a serious discussion in my mind, at that moment, the dark world then began to brighten.

Walking toward the room's sole window, with both of my hands on the table, I then saw the source of the light.

It is the exact moment when the dawn became morning, the moment when the sun starts rising from the horizon.

A few seconds after the sunrise, the ruined village then gets its first serve of sunlight of the day.

"Ah, it is already morning."

When the sunlight fills the room, the unseen things inside the room that are hidden by the shadow are revealed.

Without the sunlight, I probably won't notice the sentence that is carved on the table.

'OpEn ThE boOk'

The carving looks like it was amateurishly and hastily carved on the table.

Even though it is hastily made, the message did properly get to me.

"(Actually, what language am I speaking?)"

A thought like that naturally came to me, but I ignored it for the time being.

Following the instruction carved on the table, my eyes automatically went toward the book that the skeleton Glenn is hugging.

Looking everywhere in the room, that book is the only thing that I can call a proper book in contrast to all of the scattered paper all over the room.

"(Yup, there are no other books inside this room.)"

Confirming it once again, I then moved toward the lying skeleton.

'This isn't disrespecting the dead, I'm just following the instruction' said me while trying to justify what I'm doing.

It is taking me a while to slowly peel off all of the skeleton fingers off the book, I mean that skeleton was a human after all, it is reasonable to be scared.

After a while, the book is now finally free from the skeleton hands, I then casually bring the book toward the table.

'Thud'

With a light thud, the book is dropped on the table, taking a seat on the chair, I then opened the book.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

'GOD HAS ABANDONED US'

That's what I was thought since I was a little kid by my parent.

In the past, it seems like there was a very terrible war that happened on this planet.

The World Ending War is the name of that terrible war.

The air is poisonous, the water is contaminated, the land is dried.

In no time the war enveloped the whole world(planet), it goes on and on for a very long period.

The everlasting war finally reached a point that even the gods were finally tired of it.

In a single night, the world that's blessed by a myriad of gods was abandoned by the gods themselves.

'Human, thou art very foolish, thou had started a stupid war for a stupid reason, now thou shall reap what thou has sown."

With that, the war finally came to an end and it is also the end of the blessed land that we knew as the world.

With chaotic terrain spread all over the world as the aftereffect of the war, the remaining humanity struggled to survive till this day in this world that is deserted by the gods.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"So that happened to this world, huh."

That is the first page of the book, I did recover a bit of my memories after reading it.

It is not about who I am, it is a much more general memory, the great war that happened in this book happened around 800 years ago, I guess?

The specific doesn't really matter, what matters is that the war happened a long time ago.

After flipping through the pages of the book a single page at a time, the book's identity then came to light.

"This is a diary, isn't it?"

After the first page, the remaining page is filled with the record of the daily life of the author 'Glenn Straitford'.

The first entry of the diary starts with Glenn being adopted by a wandering sage.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Day:XA Month:XX

3 days ago, I was living my normal life before I was suddenly abandoned by my parent to die in the Black Desert.

I was very scared and hungry.

Day:XX Month:XX

2 days have passed since I was abandoned, I almost starved to death before a wanderer and a boy saved me from the desert.

Before the night comes, the boy instantly and emotionlessly hunted a few cute-looking Barna Rabbits for our dinner.

While smiling, the wanderer then took the rabbits and start preparing the meat.

Using magic to start the fire, the wanderer then cooked a dish using the rabbit.

It was delicious.

Day:XX Month:XX

Last night, the wanderer asked me to join the two of them in their journey.
I instantly said 'YES'

I can't wait to taste the wanderer's delicious dish again.

The wandered then gave me this diary to record my daily life, the boy was a bit jealous when I received the book.

Day:XX Month:XX

It has been a few days since I started journeying with Master and the boy.

'Master' is what the wanderer asked me to call him, master dodged the question when I asked him about his name.

On the other hand, the boy has a proper name, ' ' is his name.

Day:XX Month:XX

A week has passed since I joined the journey, master's true identity is actually a great sage who had lost his master.

I think that's true since master's magic is really amazing, I then begged him to make me his first disciple.

The boy then interjected by proudly showing me the back of his right hand, the number I is tattoed on it.

He said that the tattoo is the proof of being Master's disciple, unlike me, he is an orphan who met master at the start of master's journey.

Master agreed to my wish, that night, using his magic, master then tattoed my right palm with the number II.

With this, I'm officially master's second disciple, I also one-sidedly proclaim the boy as my rival.

By the way, master also has a number tattoed on his body, the number 0 is tattoed on his back.

Day:XX Month:XX

It has been a month since I became master's disciple

Unlike master who can control a variety of magical elements, I can only use 3 out of the 5 major elements.

I still have plenty to learn, and unlike me, the boy can only use one special elemental, the void element.

Well, that isn't a real inconvenience for the boy since he was a fighter type than a mage type like me.

Just like magic, Master is also a master in every other subject, which also includes spear technique.

We spent our days training as usual, tomorrow we're scheduled to arrive at the frozen land.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

That's pretty much the early entry of the diary, reading this made me remember who 'Glenn Straitford' is.

I then take off the worn black leather glove from my right hand, it then revealed the thing that I am expecting.

Holding my right hand to the broken window, the number I is written in black ink on the back of my right hand.

The number is stuck... Or is it better to say, tattoed on my right hand.

"As expected, I'm that same boy from that diary."

Just like that, as if a lock has been unlocked, the memories of the person called Glenn and only him came flooding into my mind.

Glenn Straitford, my first friend, fellow disciple, self-proclaimed rival, and a lot of other information came to me.

But sadly none of that information reveals what precisely happened to him.

It did tell me a bit about my past, but not the past that I need for my goal.

While skipping a few trivial pages, I then continue to read the diary.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Day:XX Month:XX

A few years have passed since I joined master in his journey, our group which is initially 3 people has now grown into a group of 12 teenagers and an adult.

The same as me and the boy, the remaining 10 came from a diverse background, from a farmer's child to a former princess.

6 boys and 6 girls, all threw away their past and joined master's journey as his disciple.

We trained together, eat together and sleep together.

P.s. Tonight's dinner is a roasted swamp eel, cooked by yours truly, tonight is a rare night where master has no motivation to cook.

It was okay

Day:XX Month:XX

After years of adventuring all over the chaotic world, master finally told us the reason for the journey.

It was to train 12 children who could make his dream come true.

It is to travel through time to the time before the world became what it is today.

Even though some were disagreeing with master's decision, we all agreed to help our master after he kneeled in front of us.

Day:XX Month:XX

After a week of preparation, the day is finally here, master has prepared a giant magic circle inside the ruined temple.

The circle has 12 smaller circles circling the big circle in the middle, the word that is written on the circle is so ancient that even a magic geek like me couldn't decipher it.

With master standing inside the middle circle and us circling him, the ritual then started.

We then revealed each of our own numbers that have been tattooed on a different part of our body.

While channeling all of our magical energy inside our body toward master, he then chanted a spell in an indecipherable language.

After he finished chanting, he managed to say his last goodbye toward us, his loved disciples.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I knew the diary is thick, but this is too much, I gave up.

Even though I have regained the memory during that time, nothing is showing me what had happened here.

I then closed the diary, turn it upside down, and rotate it so that it is facing me.

I then opened the last page of the diary.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Day:XX Month:XX

It has been a few weeks since I escaped from the royal capital to this hideout.

I honestly didn't regret what I did, I can still felt the same feeling when I 'sparking' the face of that idiot prince with a raw Lightning Eagle egg.

Even with all of the kingdom's force, they wouldn't find me here cause' only me and that guy knew about this place.

Day:XX Month:XX

That guy suddenly came to visit me while bringing the princess of the northern kingdom.

He is unpredictable as usual, but I enjoyed his and Alicia-denka's company.

Day:XX Month:XX

A few months after the 'sparking incident', the tracker that I sneakily put inside the prince's body began to reach my location.

Did he find my hideout? But that's impossible, and that guy is tight-lipped, there is no reason for him to reveal my location.

Day:XX Month:XX

I finally found out how that idiot prince found me, it seems like all of the villagers in this village have sold me out to that prince for a 1000000 gold coin.

I'm feeling a bit proud knowing that my head is worth that much and also feeling betrayed by the kind villager.

That night, I disabled the barrier that is defending the village from the desert.

I then stole some eggs from the Ruler of The Desert, then I went 'sparking' all over the whole village.

I, 'Sparking' the sleeping butcher guy's face.

I, 'Sparking' the couple flirting under the moonlight.

I, 'Sparking' the hated village chief face and his house.

I did not 'Sparking' the nice old lady next door.

But she did 'Sparking' her lazy NEET son.

By my perfect calculation, the Ruler of The Desert should be in a mad rage searching for its egg by morning, and the whole village should be destroyed by it.

•Day: The Last •Month: The Last

This is the last entry before I escape this doom-fated village.

I just want to clarify one thing to anyone who read this, which is you I.

They betrayed me first, following master's teaching, a betrayal must be paid with a betrayal.

By the way, the skeleton on the bed...
is a fake.

I'm putting it there to fake my death in case if that stupid prince is still searching for me.

I even used my favorite robe for that fake skeleton, also, if you are free, can you bring that robe to me?

Please 🙏 I'm begging you.

I'm now on a mission to 'sparking' the whole kingdom of that idiot prince, find me there.

P.s. you're free to take anything left inside the house.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Closing the book, I have a mixed feeling inside me.

I don't know if this is a relief that he is a life or disbelief that he actually faked his own death, there might also be an embarrassment being shocked by a fake skeleton.

But I do know the thing that I should be doing right now.

Grabbing the book, I then...

Sent the book 'Sparking' to the blue sky.

0