Chapter 1- The Bus Goes Around
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shade cursed as the rain fell from the sky, bombarding his umbrella with a perpetual stream of water, as the wind threatened to whisk it away from his hands.

It was a Friday, and Shade just wanted to go home already. His normal route in the subway had been shutdown because of some technical difficulties, and since he didn't have any parents to pick him up, he had no choice but to use the bus.

But because he had to stay late to help with his club, he had missed a majority of the buses and was currently waiting at the bus stop, despite the massive downpour occurring in the area.

"Honk! Honk!"

Shade looked to his right and finally saw the bus he was waiting for. It looked like a very old bus, probably a past model, and it's paint job was scabbed all over.

Of course, Shade paid this no mind, as he had seen worse. For some reason, bus companies just hated updating their buses, and reused old buses all the time.

As the bus stopped and it's door opened, Shade quickly shut off his umbrella and entered inside to escape the rain. Taking out his student bus card, he swiped it into the machine. While swiping in his card, Shade glimpsed at the bus driver and found something strange. 

The bus driver's eyes were lifeless, like they saw something that could never be unseen, and his skin was unreasonably pale. If the bus drivers arms weren't moving and driving the bus, Shade would have thought the guy was dead.

'Some kind of skin disease? Or maybe the dude didn't have his morning coffee.'

While walking around the bus, Shade realized that most of the seats were filled with random articles of clothing, ranging from children's clothing to adult clothing. 

'What kind of sick prank is this? Who just leaves random articles of clothing on a bus? I almost feel bad for the driver.'

Going all the way to the back, he sat down on an empty seat. Although he could have just moved the clothes and sat down, he didn't because that would require touching them, and who knows what they have been through?

Taking out his phone, he tried to entertain himself by playing some games, but soon realized that his network was off.

'It's probably because of the rain'

Seeing that his internet was also off, he put his phone away and started to chill. Looking around, Shade realized a a weird detail. Currently, their were four people on the bus, and they had all sat on the seats with no clothing.

Two people sat next to each other, and it was obvious they were a couple.

The other passenger was a beautiful girl with blond hair, the type of person people would try to hit up constantly.

Shade didn't see anything different at first, attributing the lack of people to how late it was, but soon realized that all passengers had one thing in common. 

They were all shivering.

Their bodies were shivering, and they bodies were tensed, like they were waiting for something. 

Were they just cold? Or was there something more going on here?

Just as Shade was going to go up to a passenger and ask, the door opened.

Two men walked in through the door, and walked past the bus driver, not even swiping their cards. 

They were in all black, wearing matching suits and hats. They were even paler then the driver, and there eyes were covered by sunglasses. 

The two men walked towards the couple, who were shaking in fear. Suddenly, the male passenger took a dash for it, trying to make it to the rear door, but it closed, and the man came up right behind him.

A hand emerged from the mans face, a black bile started to pour from his orifices. His hair started to shed of and his body started to shrivel. Eventually, his whole body was turned into a husk covered in black bile, and then it turned into dust.

The man in black retracted his hand.

Next to him, his partner was making quick work of the women. 

After killing of the passengers, both man sat down on their seats. 

Slowly, there bodies began to vanish, leaving only the clothes that the wore.

Not a trace of the couple was left remaining.

 

0