Chapter 2: Creation
56 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I awoke, I felt that everything that had happened yesterday was a mere dream. Yes, it had to be. When I turned to my desk, I noticed the box was missing until I saw it was now on the floor.

I facepalmed at the sight of it.

I wasn't sure what to do with the box. Simply throwing it away would do no good as I felt that a part of my soul went into it, and the pain wouldn't have been worth going through if I simply tossed it away, so naturally I thought of a plan. If what I hallucinated last night was real, then this box was an entirely different universe that had yet to be created by me.

If I wanted to, I could have an entire universe all to myself, but I don't know if that would make such a good idea. Creating a world, though, was an attractive prospect for me, as I felt it may cure my loneliness to see many creatures evolve.

Maybe if I were to create my own world with my own rules and species I could cure my loneliness. Having other humans by my side that I could call family was also very attractive.

For now though, school was about to start so I had other more important matters to think about.

---

Ding, dong, ding dong,

School was finally over, and I made my decision after using all of my free time to think. I would accept the idea of creating the world. I used all of my energy that I had from my sudden burst of motivation to run home and to create this new world of mine.

I still had a lot of unanswered questions, but in life, the bigger the risk, the greater the reward. It would frustrate me to think that all my pain was for nothing.

I arrived at home with a new sense of determination on my face. I passed by my aunt and for the first time in a long time I said, "Hello." Before she could say anything, I was already running upstairs to my room.

As I entered my room, I felt a stronger connection towards the box. While at school, the connection was fairly weak. It occurred to me that the box really took a fragment of my soul. I felt that no matter what would happen to the box, it would always be by my side. I crept up to it and sat it on a counter near my window. This would be where I would work on bringing the box to life.

An important factor in life was sunlight. Without the sun, there would be no life, so it was only natural to put the box in direct sunlight.

---

I began the process of creation first by pouring dirt and soil into the box. Then, I leveled it out and grabbed a bottle of water and filled up the left side of the box with it. I grabbed a small stick and created valleys in the dirt and small rivers. Then, I began the actual creation itself. The box had various buttons that only I could press. I knew this because these buttons were not visible to the human eye. One of them was a sort of "play" button that you would see on a video game controller. This button sets everything in motion. To the left was a rewind button and to the right was a fast-forward button. Naturally, these buttons were all on the front-most part of the box.

I pressed play and watched everything unfold. A blast that nearly knocked me off my feet shot from within the box. Earth and our universe were already fairly sustainable for life, which made things easier for creating it. If I lived on another planet, say Mars, I would have needed to set up a specialized room capable of sustaining life. This was a win for me.

I was now witnessing the creation of a world as it took shape. There were no stars within the dimensional box, nor were there other planets. Only that which I had created was present, but over time, as I grew in knowledge from my creation, I might create various worlds or I could take it one step further and create my own dimensional boxes. Only time will tell what I will be capable of.

I noticed that the world formed at a slow pace, so I pressed on the fast-forward button and just sat back observing everything. I remembered from my hallucinations -or should I say visions- that I could fast forward much more than it already was. I pressed the button once more and again, and again, and lo-and-behold, it was true.

The world was now forming at an incredibly fast pace, much more than before. The water rose and eroded the land (dirt and soil) I had placed. I could see tiny trees sprout from the land and the ocean would come up the land and descend back to where it came from.

I was getting tired, so I did my homework, then called it a night while the world continued to form.

---

I awoke the next day and went to check on the box. I pulled out my magnifying glass and slowed down time to normal. I was shocked at what I saw. The world no longer looked like some science project. It looked like a real, fully breathing world! On the western-left side of the box, I could see the ocean waters sway back and forth into a mesmerizing pattern.

The ocean's waves rippled like one you would see on a real beach. I could see a tiny congregation of sand separating water from land. Passing the ocean to the eastern-right, a big forest was present that took up most of the world. I would have to create various continents and lands later. As my face got closer to the world, I could hear the sounds of the world. The ocean, the rivers, the leaves falling from the trees. I could hear it and smell it all.

I smiled at what was soon to come.

3