Chapter Eight: Something Urgent
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

I went to the kitchen to grab my caramel milk drink and went straight to my room. I took a quick shower and changed into my pj’s and went on to check my inbox. 

 

Visor Lily Open Me - Hey Cia! Remember me? Or.. us..? It’s be… 4 days ago

 

Visor Lily? Ah! I remember now. Visor from the Lily department. I remember her touring me around headquarters.. 

 

I decided to open the email and read it as I sip my drink. Mmm.. so good! Visor’s email contained a few small talk questions like ‘How are you?’ and ‘Will you not be joining again?’ and such. I was about to read further on the email when I heard my mother call me. I went downstairs to check why she called me. 

 

“There’s a car for you outside. The driver said it was urgent and asked for you.” What? Who would call for me at this hour? “I know that face! It’s probably one of your cousins if you’re wondering.” she adds. “Which cousin?” I asked. “Don’t know sweetie. It seems really important if they couldn’t wait until tomorrow.” I sighed and went outside to see the car door being opened by the driver. I went in and asked him where we were going and all he said was “I’m sorry your highness but I was told not to say.” My eyebrows furrowed as I heard that. I decided to let it go. “When we’re not in my home country, please address me normally.” I said remembering how he addressed me. “As you wish your high..- I meant miss.” Looks like this driver is new. He looks like he’s around my age. 

 

When the car stopped, I noticed that we’ve arrived at my cousin’s resort. “Here we are, miss.” The driver, Elijah, stepped out of the car and opened mine. I learned during the ride that his name was Elijah and that he was the son of my uncle’s head butler. I entered the building and I was escorted to the private area reserved for our family or relatives only. 

 

“What do you want?” I asked, annoyed. “There she is!” I stepped aside as I saw France running towards me for a hug. “I’m not going to ask twice, dear cousin.” I saw him teary eyed as he recovers from his rejected hug. “Why are you in your pj’s?” I saw Matthew on the couch scrolling through his phone. “At least look at me when you talk to me.” I said, rolling my eyes. “I don’t think she-” France wasn’t able to finish what he was saying as Matthew butted in. “When we were little all you did was act like a mature lady and always teaching us to watch our etiquette but here you are, and wearing something unlady-like at that!” How dare he try to mock me! “It wasn’t my fault I had no time to change because of someone. Speaking of, why would you summon me at this hour? I was told it was soooo urgent that I had to rush here without having the chance to even change. Not that I’m complaining about what I’m wearing as this is very comfortable unlike you who’s still wearing his everyday clothes.” I breathed in and out trying to catch my breath. It’s been so long since I’ve had to lecture this idiotic cousin of mine. It feels quite refreshing. “HEY! I FIND COMFORT IN MY EVERYDAY CLOTHES THANK YOU VERY MUCH MISS HIGH AND MIGHTY PRINCESS!” How dare he-! “Stop stop stop! I didn’t call you two here to argue.” France says as he tries to stop us from arguing. “Now, I’ll be explaining why you two are here and you won’t be interrupting me unless I finish.” France sighs and proceeds on explaining. 

0