The Blood Hill
17 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man dressed in a red robe and his dog returned through the forest using a badly kept path. As they walked, the dense green vegetation gave away and was replaced by red soil. The ground was littered with alien vegetation. Big trees with no leaves and long, white, spirally branches that connected to each other and touched the ground, forming big nets around the trunks, with pulsing fruits between them. At a closer look, one would find that the wood was made with thin strings, like white muscles. White flowers with irregular shapes were scattered on the ground, surrounded by white and red grass. There were also bushes, made from the same material as the trees, with transparent berries. Inside them, a luminescent liquid pulsed, waving through different intensities and shades of red. Animal calls from unheard animals were heard frequently. It felt like a completely different world as the one, just a stone's throw away. To the man, it felt like home.

The man stopped and took off his shoes. He planted his feet on the ground and felt the mushy, red earth. The ground was wet, like it had just rained, but as he pushed his feet in, what gushed out was not mud, but blood. 

The man breathed out and relaxed. The smell of the livewoods always helped him feel safe. He focused his attention to the ground. He could feel all of the hill. The blood flowed and pulsed like the mountain was alive. It went through the weird trees, the flowers and all the other vegetation, even through the hidden organs that kept the livewoods alive, deep under the earth. Everything pulsed at the same time, at the same rythm. In a few seconds he found what he was looking for.

- Looks like today is a meat day...

He walked leisurly through the hill until he found what he was looking for. A boar was impaled by a bone-like branch that came out of the ground. The were leaves and flowers on top of the branch and the boar, like it was there for a long time, but the boar was still fresh. The man focused on the ground and the branch quickly retreated into it. With a gesture of his hand the fresh blood coming out of the animal formed a net around the carcass and floated with it, right beside the mage. With a bright smile on his face, he headed home, on top of the hill.

 

1