Fighting fire with fire
55 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 


Kayneth

The amount of time it takes for me to move is too long for the dash. From what I was able to see, there was absolutely no start-up on the attack. As for the spin… his head turns 45o every time he readies it up. But the problem still stands, that one attack is going to kill me. Ah! I can use my real form to constantly attack. Only problem with that is, I can't attack and move at the same time. That's going to be a problem… how about we put the weapon in our mouth. Won't get a disease anyway, that doesn't matter. Weapon imbalance wouldn't really be an issue looking at my strength. 'Hey Game, is there like an options menu for this shit?'

[Ya, just look through the settings yourself and you'll find it eventually.]

*Sigh* 'Let's just hope this works. A weapon, 10 times my size, will be put in my mouth. Ok, test 1.' I transform into a rat and grab at my weapon with my teeth. One problem, the blade kept spinning and the balance seemed a bit off. I dropped it back onto the ground as I started test 2.

After about an hour of testing and failing, I finally got my weapon to fit inside my mouth. I just had to apply dark magic into my mouth which acted like glue. Title my head a bit and I could run without any problem whatsoever. My damage might have decreased, but now I could theoretically dodge the rush attack.

But first, test subjects. Which kindly provided themselves in the form of hollow. Moving my paws back, I rushed the first enemy through, cutting him in half. The second hollow looked back at me and started to cast a miracle.

'Not on my watch.' I thought about moving my head in a swiping motion to impale him upon the weapon. Surprisingly lighter than I thought, then again, trying this with dancer would be a no-go, as my stats were too low at that time. I, right now, have the equivalent of 60 STR in the main game itself, I reckon that I could lift the FUG in my mouth without any worry. But for now, a little bit of practice won't hurt.

[Skill Updated]

[Polearm Mastery] (Passive) {Adept}

+30% Damage Bonus using polearms

+5% Movement and Attack speed while using a polearm.

[{Golden Skill Disc} Item Used]

[Enhancement Haki] (Passive/Active)

Enhancement haki that has been trained for so long, a small amount is now used passively.

Passive- X25% STR, END, DEX

Active- X250% STR, END, DEX

Can now hit people 1 meter away from the weapon.

Can damage people from the inside, shredding organs and the like.

Cost- 1000 SP per minute

[+56250 G,25000 Souls]

The benefits are there, the problem is, I couldn't use it. The amount of stamina needed is more than I have currently. But we might be able to use the other passives I gained. Having another extension does work wonders in this game, and it also doesn't bump into walls, neat. And now that I know who to use the halberd, I should be able to kill Orceiros more easily… or most bosses now that I think about it.

And so, I entered the fog gate leading to the boss, applying more dark glue into my mouth to make sure my weapon was securely inside. As soon as I enter the lair of the boss, I make a dash to go behind him.

Strafing left and right, making quick side-steps to avoid his staff, I make it to his tail and slash at it. The first slash hits, while the second misses. Out of the corner of my eye, I see him turning his head and immediately goes for a spin attack, slamming my small body into the wall.

[500 Damage Received]

I heard multiple bones that should've cracked, snap back together as 'Gamer's Body' fixed the damage inside of me. Quickly grabbing an Estus, I chugged it as fast as I could, my life literally depended on it.

Checking his hp with 'Observe', I noticed it was just at 85%. And the amount of damage I deal per hit is around 15%, so that means I just have to survive long enough to hit him a total of 7 times. Easier said than done, the guy just keeps on moving for me to hit him.

Going in for another strike, dodging his multiple staff strikes, I was now at his crotch area. For the most part, this was one of the safest places to be in besides the tail. I punctured his very thin frame and waited for haki to do its magic.

And like a destructive force of nature, it exploded. Popped a hole in his stomach. But, through some miracle, he was able to survive long enough to perform a quick patch-up job using crystals and shoving them directly into the hole in his chest.

This just had me stunned. Multiple huge questions appeared in my mind. WHY? HOW? WHAT THE FUCK? I WANT THAT! Were all things that were screamed internally.

It was then that the huge beast flew into the air, and breathed a crystal hail from above. It was fast, and the area it had affected was too large to escape.

[400 Damage Received]

[You Died]

That… was sick. I need to make something like that. A quick patch-up job. Something to stitch myself together and wait for healing. Even if 'Gamer's Body' fixes any damage to my body, it'd still be cool to do it. Though, I wonder how much HP that would net me.

[It's around 10 HP per every 100 MP if you're quick enough.]

*Gasp* The game being useful for once, helping little lowly me. Impossible! Unless… the system got hijacked! Tell me, who are you, and what did you do to game?

[No one gives a fuck about your shitty fanfic plot Kayn.]

That's a good nick-

[Did I ask for your opinion, dumbass?]

And he's back at it.

[Yeah, yeah. Say what you want, I'm going back to rewatch void's adventure.]

There he goes again with the void guy. Just who the hell is he? Not important right now, let's just focus on the bosses right now and deal with that when we're more powerful, ok? Fine, fine. Stupid idea anyway. That is a good nickname though, Kayn. Neat.

Time to re-enter the boss fight! Fight the wannabe, scaleless dragon that's holding his crotch… for some reason. Is that even hygienic? Then again, I do put my weapon in my mouth so… I don't actually have a point here. Fuck it, let's just get into the fog gate before I embarrass myself even more than I already have.

Walking into the area once again, I was surprised. The boss was already had all four of its limbs on the ground, crawling towards me. It had been brought to stage 2 without me damaging it! The boss had adapted to my strategy of getting more hits during the first phase. And judging from the intelligence of the former man in front of me… it made sense.

He was educated, a king, and had enough knowledge to use INT-based spells. So, he most likely could make a strategy to kill me. It made sense, unlike the previous bosses I fought, who were all made into beasts one way or another, this one still had some semblance of using its head in a fight.

With those thoughts ending, the beast-like boss made a bull rush towards me. I dodge to the right before stabbing his thigh. This made the boss stumble a bit, a sort of weakness in relying on its legs. Then another strategy formed within my head.

I could just attack most of the human weak points. This was a mix between real life and game physics, of course, if they existed, they would just make the main game easier and harder if they were implemented. Now staring down Oceiros, I now had a renewed determination to beat it.

It once again rushed at me, but this time with its arms stretched out, wanting to pull me into a grab. It worked, as I was pulled into the air by my midsection, being brought up to eye level. In mere moments, I watched as Oceiros opened his mouth, shot out the crystal breath directly on me, and my HP bar drops faster than a fly.

[1000 Damage Received]

[You Died]

Attempt 3

Attempt #2 wasn't any better. At least I found a weakness I could exploit of more damage and reduced his mobility. This could also be useful for later fights with other human/humanoid bosses/enemies. Once again crawling back to the boss, I grabbed my souls and dodged another claw swipe from the boss.

Looking at my surroundings closely, I noted that I had enough space to do anything that might classify as stupidly dangerous but might help in winning a fight. Running to another corner of the room, I know I only had a couple of seconds at most before he flew again. It was then I got another idea. Tilting my head to the left, positioning my weapon to stand vertically. As soon as the boss went for another fly-by, I extended the range of my weapon using haki.

*RIIIIIIIIIIIP*

His organ flew, spilling over the ground. Blood and gut spilling all over my body and even more behind me. The whole ordeal only took one hit surprisingly. I thought the boss was going to at least dodge. Then again, the saying goes, think smarter not harder.

[You have Received 130500 G and 58000 Souls]

[You have Gained an Item]

[Skill Gained]

[Polearm Mastery] (Passive) {Kayneth-Style}

A style created and specifically used by 'Kayneth'. Is a style that incorporates the use of both a human and rat form, switching between the two to confuse opponents, while also using quick thinking to kill enemies in unpredictable ways.

Note: Scales with [Polearm Mastry]

+ 30% DEX while in 'rat' form.

+ 15% STR while in 'human' form.

Time for another round of upgrades. Yay! Dumping all my money into my level I was able to net a total of 14 levels!

[You Gained a Level] X 14

[Skill Gained]

[Spear Vault] (Active)

Plant your weapon into the ground and use it as a platform to connect combos.

Damage- STR+DEX X 0.5

Cost- 200 SP

[Milestone has been reached STR has reached 250]

[Ground Pound] (Active)

Hit the ground with anything, use this to help ame ground pound your mom.

Damage- STR X0.5

Cost- 2000 SP

That's all I can do for now. Sadly, I have to go back to Firelink to ask Vestia to increase my SL. Luckily enough though, a bonfire appeared further into the boss room. Going over to the fireplace, I lit it up and went over to the shrine.

Entering the Shrine, I was suddenly returned to my human form. "Welcome A- *ehm* Kayneth. I see to it that your travels have been fruitful?" Vestia greeted me upon entering the shrine. "Why yes, they have. Just a little bit more, and I'll be able to further upgrade my weapon and grant you a gift. A gift that shall help you understand the world more." I said in a poetic… as poetic as I could.

"Why, that is flattering of you to say that Kayneth. But once again, it would be better if such gifts are to be kept and used by you. I wouldn't want to impair such a valuable item in a time of peril." She again refused. "Well, if you refuse, then I'll just leave it with you. Who knows, you might even like it." I responded before taking a pause. "I'll just need to strengthen myself, so if you could please" Getting on my knee I gestured to her. Vestia nodded and I was sent into the same dark place as before.

[Point Allotment: 11 END]

Looking back at my status…son of a fucking bitch! I still didn't have enough to activate haki. Can't do anything about that anymore I guess, just have to grind. I say my goodbyes to Vestia and go over to Andre.

"Welcome master, what brings you here this time." The blacksmith greeted me while continuing to smash away at the piece of metal on his anvil. Looking at him with a deadpan stare, I remind him once more. "We both know that I don't even know who you were until you introduced yourself. And I don't even know how to smith."

Continuing to smack away at the piece of metal, he sighed. "You'll know soon enough. But right now, my duty lies in helping you on this journey. So, tell me, what do you need master?" I'm just going to accept it. I'll just waste time and energy trying to argue. "I'll just upgrade my halberd. I'm going to need it in the upcoming battle. Have a duel with another warrior wielding the same type of weapon."

"Very well." He took the weapon and hammered the materials I provided.

[Halberd +6]

Damage- 2.1- 2.5

Once I was finished, I bid Andre a farewell and teleported back to the Consumed Garden to finish what I started.

Getting back and continuing along the intended path, I found some lizard? dragon? snake? creatures. They tried to attack me, but I just poked them with my halberd. They died quite quickly. But to my surprise, in the room to my right, there were three red crystal lizards. They were about half my size, and instead of having a blue gem, it was red.

Quite weird, since I don't remember seeing them in the game. Might just be remembering things differently. And these little critters might also have some scales instead of titanite. Tightening the grip I had on my weapon, I plunged it into the heart of the large lizard. "ARRRGGGG" It screeched out in a dying wail that attracted the two other lizards with it. They immediately ran as fast as their tiny feet could go, running to aid their dying comrade. The little bastards had the last laugh, as they all exploded when the one I stabbed died.

*BOOOOM*

[4500 Damage Received]

[You Died]

… What? A seemingly easy victory turn into such a disaster so quickly. The red crystal lizards explode when they 'die'. So, killing them at a range is a good way to take them out. Just have to watch out for any other that comes my way.

Running the same way back, and killing the two snake people, I was able to get back to the red crystal lizards… who haven't despawned yet. Interesting, let's first look at what they drop before deciding to farm them. Going up to one of them, I did an 'Overhead Slam'. This somehow was able to knock it over to its underside.

Raising the halberd over my head, I jam the weapon in the soft underbelly, killing it quickly.

[You Gained an Item]

Checking my inventory, an item I don't remember in the game appeared.

[Lethal Gem]

Used to infuse weapons and gives them the 'Lethal' prefix.

Lethal Effect: Reduces stamina consumption of all actions by 15%.

Gives better scaling for both STR and DEX.

It looks like a refined gem… but it isn't. A size comparison would be that the lethal gem is slightly bigger by about 4 inches. Wait a minute, why am I looking at the difference and similarities when there are two of those exploding fuckers just 6 feet away from m-

*BOOM*

[1500 Damage Received]

[You Died]

This is going to be a running theme, isn't it? My carelessness is getting the better of me. Really should get a better grip on my surroundings shouldn't I imaginary voice? Of course, you're right! But we have to get to untended graves before the time-

[Time Remaining: 19 Hours]

What the Fuck!? How did we waste so much time? Oh ya, random topics that distract us. *sigh* Just breathe in and breathe out. Nothing is fine at all, but we can try. I can just make a dark abyss zone type skill… but that requires actual skill. Shit, there I go again wasting time. Now, all we need to do is speedrun the way there instead of trying to grind more gems out of the red lizards, they can respawn anyway.

So once again, running back to the large room. I roll over the illusionary wall and into 'Untended Graves'. Finally, I just have to light up the bonfire, speedrun my way to the boss and get my ass repeatedly beat. Amazing plan dude, just one problem. How many ass beatings will we take?

'… I have no answer to that imaginary voice.' I thought, lighting up the bonfire.

After walking through a lot of hollow enemies, I make it back into the Gundyr boss room. But unlike last time, it was considerably darker than before. The only things illuminating the arena were the multiple candles that were strewn about, and the dim light shining from above.

Admiring the aesthetic of the place was going to take second stage for now, as the set of armor in the middle suddenly came to life. Slowly standing up from its kneeling position.

[Boss: Champion Gundyr]

Checking his stats… [Level- 105]

*Playing Fierce Battle – SMT III*

What the hell is that music? Fits perfectly with the situation to be perfectly honest. The sense of dread, and how fucked I am perfectly illustrating that. The Gundyr picks up his halberd and we engage once more in combat.

Activating my buffs, I slowly waited for him to do the opening attack. And he does do so, trying to jam his spear inside of me to start the battle off. I used 'Staff Spin' to parry the attack.

*PLING*

[350 Damage Received]

The attack was not parried but instead redirected. It still ripped out a piece of my side, nothing too serious. But that wasn't the end of it, there was more. Gundyr took a step forward and stabbed me again with a follow-up attack.

[500 Damage Received]

'No nononononono. No like this, not here, and not at this stage of the boss.' I thought, while rolling away and sipping on my estus flask. The boss flew into the air and plunged his weapon straight into the ground missing me.

I took the opportunity and shoved the entire length of my weapon inside of him. He did not like that one bit. And so he kicked me in the chest, launching my ass into the other corner of the room.

[250 Damage Received]

'Holy Shit! *cough* *cough* ha… ha… GHAHHH' I was barely able to make my final thoughts before the giant man pierced me in the stomach while I was coughing up blood.

[700 Damage]

[You Died]

Teleporting back into the bonfire, I started to cough my insides out, feeling a sort of phantom pain after being kicked so hard. Lesson 1, don't get kicked, or you'll know what it feels like to get your lungs crushed. Lesson 2, he can and will go for a follow-up to an attack. That's it on today's class of how to fuck up so badly.

Attempt 2

As Gundyr plunged his glaive into the earth, I started to hack away behind him, remembering to only hit him twice.

*thud*

'Shit two seems to be too much.' I took note while rolling backward into a wall, getting stuck and subsequently killed by the boss.

Attempt 4

Folding space did work… right until phase 2. The speed at which he runs is too fast for me to consistently hit him. But now, I have a strategy for phase 1.

So, I did the same thing as before, poking him at a distance spamming 'Overhead Slam' to deal as much damage as possible. Once Phase two rolled around, I moved to the right as he stampeded towards me. It seemed to be the best idea as the slash went over my head and into the ground, stunning him for a good couple of seconds.

Instead of going from the back, I instead hit him from the front. I was only able to get one hit in before he roared, loud enough to disorient me for a couple of moments. Hooking the glaive to his arm, the boss rushed me. This attack not only pierced my stomach, but the following attack sent me into the abyss next to the arena.

[99999999 Damage Received]

[You Died]

Attempt 7

I've seen the abyss too many times to count. I can't abuse the space folder strat anymore because he finally learned to start in phase 2. And is currently having fun folding my ass like paper.

If only I had a power which I could abuse… nothing. How about we try to 'Staff Spin' but fix the timing of it a bit. If I can just get it correctly, we should be able to deal 50% of his HP in just 2 ripostes. It shouldn't be that hard I hope.

Attempt 33

Come on! That parry was perfect. Perfectly timed, beautiful parry. Straight out of someone speedrunning the game. *sigh* Just have to get better next time. And you know what, I'm going to use the pinewood resin. Apparently, I just have to spread it across and... Woah! That's quite loud now that I think about it, but who cares, more AR is more AR.

Walking into the boss room, I was once again greeted by that glaive-wielding bastard. Staring at him through his helmet, I began spinning my staff. He had two options, bull rush, which would leave him to parry. Or he could plunge his weapon into the ground, leaving him vulnerable for 1 hit before resuming his pattern. And he goes for the plunge, jamming his glaive into the earth missing me completely.

Charging up an attack, I slam my weapon into his helmet leaving a dent like I did when I first defeated the boss. This did about 30% damage with him staggered like he is now. Getting out of being stuck, he raised his weapon high into the air and slammed into the ground. This was a trap, as a moment later, he lifted it back up again, an attack like that would most certainly send me flying and ripe for a grab attack.

According to my moveset memory, the next attack would be 2 back-to-back pokes. So, I had to continue spinning to get at least 1 parry in.

*parry sfx*

'It worked! *ehem* Of course it did, now all I have to do is jam it in and we're at 50%!' It went all according to plan. The pieces were all in the right place, just have to keep in parrying the attacks and we'll be good to go in 2 attacks.

See as he was getting attacked more often and more viscously, Gundyr went on the defensive, holding his glaive in front of him, ready to defend and strike when it came down to it. I foolishly attacked him during this state and got punished.

*thud*

[900 Damage Received]

He slashed at me, then staggered, and once all of that was finished, kicked me into the other side of the map. It was dangerous living life on the edge. But after so many close encounters, it only seemed to pump me up. A feeling of excitement that you could only get out of an incredible amount of adrenaline being pumped into your veins.

The world around me slowed down, eyes exuding a dark aura, contrary to Gundyr's red. Both weapons in our arms, ready to rip the other apart. Gundyr had range, but I had a rat form which I could use to bamboozle him.

And in that slight feeling of victory clouding his head, I quickly dump gas and burn it to the ground. Transforming into my main form halfway through the attack, the offset balance hit. The weapon position in my mouth, I pushed up as hard as I could and-

*BANG*

It pierced his armor, denting the area around the penetrated area. And raising him up and the air, I reverted back into human form to finish the job. Raising the weapon, with Gundyr attached to it, I force it into the ground.

Looking back at the dying man in front of me, I give my respects. Sitting down and raising an imaginary toast. A toast to a wonderful battle.

[You have Received 135000 G and 60000 Souls]

[You have Gained an Item]

Boss defeated, let's go! *sigh* Just a bit more, a bit more.

[Time Remaining: 1:30 hours]

*huff* Can't even give me a rest, can you game? Fine, fine. I was the one that embarked on the journey, I better finish it in the allotted time to do it.

A bonfire appeared where Gundyr used to lay. I lit it up and prepared to run away from the black knights.

But no, a small piece of text appeared to me when I got close to the darkened shrine.

[Blacksmith's Nightmare is Invading world.]

'I don't remember there being an invasion here.' I thought, dodging and getting closer to the shrine. Then another window of text popped up.

[Ashen Keeper Sofija is Invading world.]

Another one? But where could both of them be?

*clang*

A weapon hit a surface. I don't know whether it hit the floor or maybe the wall but, it might be coming from inside the shrine… or is it outside… I don't know? Checking the tower and killing the black knights chasing me, I found a red phantom walking around.

Walking closer to said phantom, it attacked me. From closer inspection, it was a woman, this should be the ashen keeper from the text box. Taking multiple jabs at her, I was able to eventually kill her, taking no damage whatsoever.

[You Received 27000 G and 12000 Souls]

[You Gained an Item] X4

[Ashen Keeper Set]

Armor made of bone ash, worn by the old firekeepers.

Each piece gives +5% fire resistance.

Wearing the whole set gives +25% fire defense.

Huh, the first armor set that actually gives bonuses for each piece… quite a good set bonus on it. You know what, the chest armor looks quite good as an undershirt. Some extra fire defense while also being an okay weight.

There wasn't anything special in the tower, and I ended up going straight into the shrine, also ignoring the right side for later.

The loud scraping sound continued to get progressively loud as I enter the building. Once inside, I notice a phantom, abusing the stairs with his massive sword. As shocked as I am, the phantom did some even more weird things, like attacking me instead of the stairs. Swing his sword overhead, I dodge to the left and backstab him.

This left him with about 29% HP. And with one heavy attack, I was able to kill him.

[You Received 33750 G and 15000 Souls]

[You Gained an Item] X4

[Smelter Demon Set]

Armor of the Smelter Demon, a great mass of iron that was given life.

Each piece gives +5% fire damage.

Wearing the whole set gives +10% HP.

While the benefits are there, it looks weird. The gauntlets are the only good-looking gear in the set. The helmet looks like a puckered-up asshole. So, out of the entire set, only the gauntlets will be used. Moving on, the rest of the place should be empty of any black knights, with the exception of the second floor. Not caring about anything else, I grab the two things I was here for. First the [Coiled Sword Fragment] for the last hunk of metal I need to max out my halberd. And the [Eyes of a Fire Keeper] to complete the quest.

With those two things in my inventory, I used the Coiled Sword to teleport back to the real Firelink.

In a flash of fire, I was once again back at Firelink Shrine, now in color. Moving over to Vestia, I slowly approached her, fishing out the eyes out of my inventory.

"Welcome Kayneth. I see to it that you have my gift?" She joked, standing up from her previous position to greet me. "Why yes, I have. They were quite the challenge to get, but nothing a little bit of work can't fix." I shot back, moving my hands to be in front of my body, revealing what was underneath.

"Oh my!" Vestia said surprised. "These are the eyes of the first firekeepers. We firekeepers are not allowed to hold such things because they were lost. Are you sure you want me to have them Kayneth? Whatever your wish may be, I'll see you till the end of it."

"Why would I be giving it to you if I was just going to take them back?" I questioned with a smile. Vestia was slightly taken aback but now accepted the eyes. Like something taken out of Naruto, she picked the eyes one by one and shoved them into the socket, using several miracles to restore her vision. One problem, eyes don't work like that… I think… probably. So, I had to do a bit of stitching using darkness magic.

"AHGRRR" Vestia screamed, the pain growing too much for her. After several painful minutes of dark stitching, I was finally able to attach all of the nerves, etc. Vestia had to use more miracles to reduce the pain and hasten the healing process for her eyes.

And after all of that, we were done with the 'surgery'. For the first time in a while, Vestia opened her eyes. Seeing light passing through her retinas. Which was suddenly replaced with visions of the age of darkness. The age of man finally coming to fruition after being delayed so many times. But being next to me brought out even more vision.

Visions of the deep. Visions of something greater. An age further than the age of darkness. An age of blood, grotesque monsters, gods beyond her even Gwyn and his pantheon, and a beautiful doll laying lifeless in a grassy field.

The visions then began to go in reverse, looking into the past. Multiple firekeepers came into her line of sight, from a woman in a green cloak to a woman who had no tongue. Once all that was over, the last woman appeared. Wearing an outfit similar to her own. With the exception of it being all black bandages, and having melted wax covering her eyes.

The woman raised her hand and reached out for her. Almost as if she could see Vestia and wanted to touch her. But a sudden pull knocked her out of the dream-like sequence. Coming back to the real world, she found out she was being shaken by me. "Are you okay? You seemed to be spacing out hard, your eyes even dilated a bit." Shaking her head, she regained her bearing and answered. "I am… fine Kayneth. It seems as though I caught several glimpses into the future… It is just taking me a while to process the situation."

Shaking my head a bit, I took a sigh and with a smile reassured her. "Everything is fine, as long as you're safe."

[-3000 MP]

Making a chair comfortable enough to sit on, I placed the confused and disoriented Vestia on it, letting her rest while I got a notification.

[Quest Accomplished]

[Forgotten Eyes of the Truth]

Objective- Get the lost firekeeper's eyes, and give them back to Vestia.

Reward – Massive Aff with Vestia, 100k G, 2 Gacha Spins, [Soul Weapon Attunement]

Time Remaining- 15 Minutes

Failure – Sight and Hearing taken away

[+30 Affection with Vestia, for giving her the lost eyes of the firekeepers, and letting her see the truth.]

[Perk Gained (Vestia:100)]

[Keeper of the Flame] (active)

You can make checkpoints where ever you want.

Cost- 500 MP per bonfire
Cooldown- 20 Hours

[Soul Weapon Attunement] (Active)

Gaining the souls of your opponents, you can use them to imbue your weapon with a trait from said opponent.

*evil-sounding laughter* We have done it, my friend. The path to true overpowered abilities starts here. My ascension into godhood. To prove those bastards wrong and rise above them all. *Cough* Generic evil world overthrowing speech is now over, reverting back to old personality, boring.

Okay, souls that need to be kept are Champion Gundyr's for the extra stats, and that's it.

[Are you sure you want to use {Soul of Vordt of the Boreal Valley}, {Soul of Dancer of the Boreal Valley}, and {Soul of Consumed Oceiros} on {Halberd}?]

[Yes] [No]

Yes. Dual-wielding halberd is totally normal, while also shooting out ice from the tips.

But before we check it out, how about we go to Andre and max out the weapon first. Going to pickle pea, I exchanged the coiled sword fragment for the slab and went over to Andre to upgrade the weapon.

[Lethal Unnamed Halberd +10]

What once was a regular halberd, is now a weapon of destruction. By imbuing the weapon with the souls of Vordt, the Dancer, and the Consumed King. The weapon can enchant itself with ice, create a second copy of the weapon to be dual-wielded, and fire swords made of moonlight.

Damage- STR + DEX X 3.5

Ice Enhancement Damage- MAG + INT X 0.5

Moonlight Swords Damage- MAG + INT + Weapon Damage / 6

Magic Cost:

Ice Enhancement- 100 MP every 20 seconds

Second Copy- 9000 MP and 5000 SP every minute

Moonlight Sword- 1000 MP per sword

'Lethal' Effect: Reduces stamina consumption of all actions by 15%.

That's quite a bit of damage. And lethal should let me use haki now that the requirement for it has been lessened. That and the explosion of levels waiting to be used. But first gacha time.

[Rolling Gacha]

[Ultraball] X25

Catch things with a 75% chance of success.

[Can of Soda]

Can become any kind of soda the user wants.

After looking at the rolls, I grabbed the can. Requesting for Sprite, the logo on the can shifted and morphed into the sprite logo. Opening it, I was met with the familiar smell of the soda. And now it's time to rest.

Vestia slowly woke up from the short nap that she took, opening her eyes for the first time in a while. Still high from the novel feeling of having her sight again. Looking to her right, she saw me carving into the soda can.

"What are you doing Kayneth? Is that perhaps a sealing catalyst? Are you going to seal your future enemies?" Rapid-fire questions shot out of her mind and onto me. "Making a bomb. It goes boom." I shut her down with a simple response.

After getting her answer, Vestia stood up and picked up her mask from the ground nearby. Staring at the accessory that she wore for so long, it was almost weird to not feel it on her own face. It was like a part of her was lost when she didn't wear it. Being so used to not seeing things… felt familiar and weird at the same time. Closing her eyes brought her to a space surrounded by the 'old' and 'new' firekeepers, so that familiar darkness was no more.

And once more looking at the mask. She threw it into the fire, officially leaving that part of her life behind. To follow the new light that was in her life.

[+1 Affection with Vestia, for being the 'new' light in her life]

This is rather poetic isn't it Game? Or has my life become entertainment for those above me? Some puppet set to do certain actions based on someone else's will. Probably. Getting some power like this, and being able to go to other worlds. There must be a price to all of this right?

[…]

[For you to figure this out… Is quite amusing.]

[You want an answer?]

[Then get to level 50.]

[It'll be up to you to figure everything else out.]

Fuck it. Use all my leftover G to level up.

[You Gained a Level] X15

[Milestone has been reached MAG has reached 250]

[Beginner Wizard] (Passive)

Just found out you could do magic? Waving your hand and making stuff come out is cool right? But you still have to get good at it.

+2X Multiplier MP

+1X Multiplier to MP Regen

+10% Spell Damage

-5% Spell Cost

[You have reached Level 50.]

[You can switch your Main Class]

[Job classes have been unlocked.]

[Please choose a Profession.]

[Blacksmith], [Rune Master], [Enchanter], [Chef], [Alchemist], [Artificer], [Mechanic], [Medical Professional], [Actor], [Sensor]

[Medical Professional] It's literally a free weak point spotter. One question though, does it apply to all life or just humans?

[It works on everyone.]

[You just have to level it up to unlock more species.]

'Hell yeah!' Were my last thoughts before I became a bit more overpowered.

[Are you sure you want to pick {Medical Professional}?]

[Yes] [No]

Confirming my choice, I was blasted with general knowledge of the human body. The sheer amount of pain I felt was… well painful. The human brain isn't built to get brain fucked with knowledge. It's like getting skull fucked… I actually know what getting skull fucked feels like due to the class.

Okay, lesson learned. Sometimes knowledge is best left undiscovered. But now that I knew what to do for the future, I could just turn off the pain when that happens again. But then another window popped up.

[Auction House has been unlocked.]

Hold on, what?

[System Connecting to Auction House.]

[0%]

[100%]

Suddenly a female voice sounded through my ears. "Welcome user, to the Auction House. A place where our wonderful council sells and trades items in exchange for goods and other supplies. I am an AI made by the council, my name is Cam. If you have any inquiries, just say my name while also using a bit of mana or any source of energy." I was then continuously bombarded with multiple windows showing several items, powers, perks, and people.

Apparently, the only rules were, no fakes items were allowed. Which was understandable. Especially with the prices and quality of some of these items. And weirdly enough, blood was more expensive than the original person.

Then again, some people here would just groom them into the 'perfect person', so it was understandable. But now, it was my time to shine. The prospect of selling my unlimited chicken nuggets at a very high price was finally coming to fruition.

Are you sure you want [10000000 pc. Chicken Nugget] to be sold?

(Yes) (no)

The system looks different… but who cares. I just want my money. (Yes) I confirmed. Looking at one of the windows, I noticed my listing skyrocket in bidding. Some people are just hungry for some nuggets… that they're willing to pay 100000T to pay for it.

User, Heavenly Glutton, has purchased your product for 100000 T.

Wait! What the fuck are T? I thought I was getting paid in G, not T. Can I call it a scam? Nope, they never said anything about that anyway. Is there a conversion for it? Probably not. The things you can get here are quite nice actually. But I was pulled out of my thoughts when Vestia tugged on my sleeve. Apparently, I was just holding my hands out in the air and laughing like a maniac.

Sounds about right. We can just ignore the rest of the auction for now. But before we leave I have to get my SL up.

[Point Allotment: 3 END, 2 INT, 1 Faith]

And 'Status', just to check on how hard I'm going to steamroll the rest of the mid-game.

[Kayneth

Rat King

Level-59

Class- [Polearm Expert] - LVL-59/100

Job Class- [Medical Professional]- LVL-9/50

Money- 19250G

Souls- 9127

Tokens- 100000

Race- Rat/CotF

Rank- Mortal

Alignment- Neutral Evil

HP- 1095 [365 per min]

MP- 4998 [1764 per 30 sec]

SP- 1095 [365 per 30sec]

STR-360

END-73

DEX-240

INT-17

WIS-20

CHA-10

LUK-50

MAG – 294

MP Regen= MAG X 6

MP = MAG X 17

HP/SP Regen= END X 5

HP/SP= END X 15]

… These are perfectly balanced stats. What do you mean it's unbalanced? I have a decent amount of Tokens… I think. With that over with, I was now ready to embark on the quest to slay all of the lords of cinder.


Omake: Are they're mentally unstable?

A few hours before Kayneth was given the system.

"It's been 10 days since tests one through six have been launched. But, out of all six subjects, only specimen number 2 codenamed "Wrath" has been able to survive. All other test subjects have died due to a multitude of causes." A woman sitting on a chair made of tentacles reported to a child sitting on a throne.

"What happened to test seven? Has it been delayed once again? Is Game taking his time again?" He questioned, looking up at the woman. "Yes. Game is still taking his time preparing the system for subject seven. According to him, 'I just need a bit more time cracking into their system. They made an update while I was making Sloth.'. According to Game, to bypass the council, he has to make entirely new systems from the ground up, making it take longer for him to make them."

The child nodded to the response and asked another question. "While we may have the systems, are you sure all of them will act accordingly? Are you sure that all of them embody their main sin, Ina?" Ina nodded happily to the question. "Of course, as the best psychologist in all the worlds, I'm supposed to properly evaluate all my patients."

"Then we can begin with phase 2 of our plan. Luke should also have some men on the inside at this point." He said getting off the throne and moving closer to Ina. "Now, how about we take a break and relax?"


 

1