[ Arc 02 ][ 000 ] The Mysterious
733 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It’s cold, and dark, and difficult to move.”

That was what an unknown entity thought as it was shrouded in a mysterious darkness in a place far away from civilisation. To be more accurate, it was a location surrounded by forest of trees that was shrouded in fog that seemed to never dissipate, even when the sun was high up in the sky.

It was called the Forest of Lone, a mysterious place that remained unexplored. The reason to this was because many explorers that dared to enter never came back. The people in the surrounding area, namely the race known as the Warbeasts, considered it a sacred land that must remain untouched. As such, they do not allow foreign people to enter unless it was supported by a high authority, such as someone vouching from the ruling class.

“It is so cold with no warmth.”

The unknown entity thought in confusion while the darkness swirled around it and blocked out the sunlight.

There was a saying that many mysterious creatures inhabit the forest; some cute, some dangerous, and others that are unbelievable to exist. However, as there was no proof of such things due to the danger, the talks became legends that got passed down generation after generation within the Warbeasts.

“What I wouldn’t give for the light.”

The thoughts of the unknown entity were filled with sadness by its confinement. It had lived in such a lonely place for many great long years with no interaction with anything else. Even its memories were muddled by the amount of time that had gone by, leaving it wondering who it was and what its purpose was for it to exist in such a dark world.

“I want to see the light.”

It believed that there was no hope for it, and that it would never get to see the light that it dearly longed for. With no home, it remained there in its confinement, living day by day endlessly in the darkness by doing absolutely nothing. Its only existence was without meaning as its memories slowly faded with time.

That was how it led its life away filled with hopelessness.

One day, during its sleep, it had a dream that was nothing like any dream it had before. It was vivid, clear, and easy to make out compared to other dreams. The dream depicted a boy standing before it with his back to the sun rising in the horizon. He was a human with wings sprouting out of his back, giving him an impressive appearance.

He seemed to look at the creature for a few seconds before a pleasant smile formed on his face, which was mostly shrouded in darkness by his hair. Then he held his hand out to it and asked in a voice filled with the warmth that it had never heard before on its life.

“Will you come with me?”

It went to answer him, but as soon as it did, everything went white and the creature found itself wide awake. This was nothing like the dreams it previously had had, making it believe something was going to happen, that someone would come for it, making it feel very happy. So, it opened its eyes that shone through the darkness in a menacing way and thought in a voice filled with hope.

“I’m waiting for you, Oh Chosen One.”

Alright~! Let's get Arc 2 on the road~! ;)

People, I'll only be writing 1,000 words per chapter from now on, or maybe 1,500 words at most as I've realised I'm not suited to writing longer chapters. It's my bad habit of straying away from the story from time to time while trying to find random content to fit in to make a long chapter. Of course, I tried to keep it to a minimum, but I found myself really exhausted in doing that. So, I hope you understand and will continue to enjoy the story :)

See you soon~! ;)

6