[ Arc 02 ][ 006 ] The Knock
154 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a moment of stunned silence as everyone stared at the huge hole with their jaws hanging. They were clearly shocked because instead of witnessing child abuse, they ended up watching a fully-grown muscle-bound thug get sent blasting out of the inn with incredible force by a child. Seeing such a shocking display of power from such a young person clearly blew their minds.

Lucia was also staring at the hole through which the bulky man and his fellow comrade went flying through. She had a smile on her face but her inner thoughts were scrambled with worry, concern and panic.

“Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no! Luna’s too strong! Not only did she send him flying through the inn but also caused him to break through other buildings as well. That’s great and all but what about the damages done? I can cover up the damages done to the inn but what about the other buildings? I doubt the owners will let it go and will definitely want compensation from me. Oh no! Do I have enough money to compensate them? I… I think I know a way to restore damages done… maybe?”

She was panicking about what to do about the aftermath while appearing to look cool and serene.

Luna breathed a sigh and turned to Lucia before saying, “Miss, as you’ve said; I’ve broken his face.”

“W-What?” Lucia asked back, startled by her suddenly being spoken to. She looked down at the younger girl and asked, “What did you say, Luna?”

“I said that I broke his face like you asked. Is that fine?” Luna asked little worriedly.

Something about Lucia’s change in attitude made Luna feel that she did something bad. So, she asked worriedly to reaffirm that she did the right thing. Seeing this made Lucia blink with surprise before reflecting on herself for showing the worry she had within to such an innocent girl.

So, she knelt down to face the younger girl and said with a smile, “No. You did great. Well done, Luna.”

This immediately cheered Luna up immensely and she exclaimed, “Yay!”

Alex, who was still seated at his table and watching quietly, smiled at the sight of his childhood love’s happy smile. Then he noticed something odd about his magic teacher, and as he continued to watch, he managed to figure out that she was feeling stressed.

“I suppose she’s stressing about the repairs that needs to be done to this and the other buildings damaged due to Luna punching the hell out of that guy,” he sighed to himself wryly.

At that moment, the calm that was brought forth for a brief moment vanished when one of the bulky men shouted, “Damn brat! You think you can do that to our boss and just get away with it!”

“Stinking brat! Pay the penalty of pushing your luck!”

“Get her!”

“Yeah!”

The remaining three men charged at Luna and Lucia with mad expressions on their faces.

Seeing this, Alex gritted his teeth and rose to his feet while calling, “Luna! Behind you!”

The reason that he did not decide to attack them with his magic and instead bring her to attention was simply that she would react faster than him due to him taking time to recite magic spells to take effect.

Sure enough, the moment Luna turned around and saw their expression, she instantly knew what needed to be done. In the blink of an eye, she broke free from Lucia’s patting and whirled around to launch herself into the air and land a side long kick against the leading man’s face.

The kick was so strong that a loud sickening crack could be heard before the man was sent flying through the side wall of the inn. Not stopping with her assault, Luna whirled around in mid-air to dodge the next charging man and land smoothly on the floor. Then, as the third man towered over her menacingly, she clenched her fists tightly and jumped at him before delivering her powerful punch to her lower jaw.

The impact was just as strong as the one she delivered to their leader and sent this man flying high. He blasted through the ceiling and continued to fly high until he burst out onto the open sky. He hovered there for a moment like a suspended doll in mid-air before falling down the hole he made while coming up.

“Ah! Luna! Come here, quick!” Lucia called to her suddenly, realising the man was falling down exactly where Luna was standing and might injure her from the speed of his fall.

“Yes, miss?” Luna asked, looking puzzled as she obediently walked over to her.

In the next instance, the older girl aimed her hand directly at the place Luna was previously standing at and said, “Wind Cushion.”

There was a sudden rush of wind as it swept in through the open airspace and gathered into a physical looking ball on the floor. A moment later, the man fell down on top of the ball of wind, causing its shape to deform so as to stop him from completing hitting the floor. Finally, with his falling momentum vanished completely, the wind decided to lop him onto the side before vanishing.

There was a moment of stunned silence before everyone in the inn exclaimed, “No way…! She’s a magician?!”

Everyone in the inn were stunned by her display of magic power because everyone knew only those from the council or related to them have the ability to use magic. So, within that instant, they registered that she must be a very important person to be able to conjure magic without even the need to recite the spell to activate it. Just her words alone did the job much to their amazement.

While they were amazed by her magic, Lucia on the other hand was feeling complicated about the situation. Not only was she unsure of how to sort out the compensation in regards to the damages done to both the inn and the other buildings but now she unwittingly revealed her status as a magician.

Alex, who was watching his teacher closely from afar and sensing her distress, chuckled and thought, “I guess miss didn’t expect to be found out so soon after leaving.”

“Why don’t things go according to my plan?!”

The two of them simultaneously thought similar things.

“I’m so stupid!”

“She’s so stupid.”

A moment later, the manager of the inn braved the will to come forward and ask her politely, “Umm, miss. If you don’t mind me asking… who are you?”

“Uh… I’m…” she began hesitantly, noticing the many glances that were being thrown in her way.

Everyone was curious, dying to know who she was, but she did not want to reveal her identity. She knew everything he would be solved if she just used her family name as her father is one of the council members, but she disliked the very thought. Lucia was an independent woman that wanted to get things done on her own without relying too much on others to make dept with them. As such, she was feeling conflicted about revealing herself or hiding her identity to somehow sort this mess out on her own.

If there was any chance of her keeping her identity a secret and sorting everyone out, then it flew out the window the moment her student stepped into the scene.

“She’s Lucia Hartford, daughter of Sir Matthew Hartford!” Alex announced, appearing next to her and speaking proudly with his head held high.

“Wha?!” Lucia exclaimed with shock, whirling around and looking at him in a fluster.

This was reflected on everyone’s faces at the shocking revelation that the daughter of Matthew Hartford, one of the prominent figures of the council, was standing before them. Even the last remaining thug from the band of five men widened his eyes and became scared.

“Um… A-A-Alex…” she began in a flustered voice filled with nervousness, “w-w-w-what do you think you’re… d-d-doing?”

He looked up at his teacher’s flustered face and smiled serenely as he replied, “Don’t worry, miss. I have a plan.”

6