Pessimistic Cat
276 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I've only got to kill 5 more kobolds. That isn't that hard luckily. The first five were this easy after all. I totally would have frozen if it wasn't for adrenaline though. I'm not used to this kind of stuff.

I don't know how to harvest resources from these guys. In the game, the items just dropped after you killed them, but they don't do that here. I guess I can ask the people at the guild to teach me.

I'll just throw the bodies in my inventory, and go.

Finally! More kobolds! There seems to be five of them... do they always travel in fives?

"[Backstab]"

As I get behind one of them, I stab it in the neck and quickly stab the one right next to it in the gut. The third one starts to run at me, but I quickly strafe to the side and cut its side.

"Not deep enough!"
I turn around but get kicked back by the third kobold. Before it can attack me again, I throw my knife and hit it in the throat. Well, I got it but now I'm unarmed...

CONGRATULATIONS: NEW SKILL UNLOCKED!

UNLOCKED: [THROWING KNIFE]

Well, that's cool and all, but I'm kinda busy right now! I don't need these notifications!

I pick up the sword one of the kobolds I killed was using, and block an attack from one of the remaining kobolds.

"[Quickstep]"

I take out the remaining two kobolds as fast as I can, but my clothes are totally ruined, and my knife is severely damaged.

QUEST: KILL KOBOLDS

PROGRESS: 10/10

TURN IN QUEST AT ADVENTURERS GUILD

CONGRATULATIONS: YOU LEVELED UP!

LEVEL 3 → LEVEL 5

+10 POINTS

+10 HP

+6 SP

+2 MP

I guess I can finally make my way back, but it will be awkward in my shredded clothes. On the bright side I leveled up twice again, and that does explain why the fight was so hard. As you level up, obviously the threshold to level up again gets greater, for me to level up twice means the opponents were that much stronger. I wonder what level they were, oh well.

Well time to walk back to the Adventurers Guild.


"What happened to her?"

"Probably her first time out..."

Yeah, I knew I would stand out. It's not like my clothes are trashed, but one of my sleeves is about to fall off, and my jeans now look like shorts. Also, there's blood all over them, but that doesn't stand out much in the Adventurers Guild.

I walk up to the front desk and turn in my quest. I'll need the money I get for new gear.

"Congratulations on completing your first quest. Here is your reward."

She gives me 100G, which by the way is more than I could have made in two weeks before! To be fair I was basically only doing chores and not risking my life then, but still! This is way too much of a difference!

The man behind the counter who, unlike the stereotype in anime and manga, is not a cute woman, but a buff mature man who obviously only retired because he was injured on the job.

Well, whatever, I don't really mind, but other poor weebs would be thrown into despair. 

I guess I should check and redistribute my stat points.

I'll go with the same distribution as before, with Speed and Dexterity prioritized, with Strength second. I mean eventually, I'll need to put points into Constitution if I don't want to be one-shot, but not right now.

Name:  Carrots
Species: Bunny-folk
Gender: Female
Class: Rogue
Age: 17
Level: 5
HP: 90/120
STR: 11 (+1)
SPD: 22
DEX: 22
CON: 5
INT: 5
SP: 17
MP: 9
Skills: [Backstab], [Quickstep], [Throwing Knife]
Gear:

[Ripped Otherworldly Clothing](No stats gained),

[Broken Old Dagger](+1 STR)

Money:

105G

Points: 0

Great, so the damage buff from the knife has been halved. I really need to get a new one now. I'll also get some throwing weapons. I believe that that would be helpful with my new skill.

I'd never been to a street vendor before I got isekai'ed but now here I am buying clothes and weapons from one. I got a case of 10 throwing knives for around 10G, they're small and non-reusable, but a good item to keep on hand.

I also got a new knife for 15G and it's a little better than the old one, with an (STR +3) boost. Pretty nice.

Now, with my remaining 80G I got some new clothing, just normal clothing, but better than my ripped pair. I still can't afford even cheap armor yet. Whatever.

"Hey! Watch where you're walking!"

I immediately turn around to see a green-haired cat-folk being harassed by a couple of people who look like generic crooks. Of course. Well, the real question is if I should get involved. Fighting on the streets is illegal (obviously) and I don't want to get involved with this obviously sketchy situation.

Well, I guess I can help a little.

"So, what seems to be the problem here? I overheard your yelling while shopping." Some simple questions, hopefully it'll buy time for the guards to show up.

"And what is a little bunny like you doing here?"

"What? Got something against bunnies?"

"Why don't you just hop back off to where you came from."

"Well, that's rude!"

For some reason, only the one I've dubbed Crook Number 1 is talking. The other two lackeys are just nodding to what he says. Well, I guess it's time for plan B, which I've dubbed the "Maiden in Distress" plan.

"HELP GUARDS!"

...

And they're gone, wow that worked better than expected. Well, whatever.

"Are you okay sir?" That green-haired cat-folk looks really hurt... well I guess I can do one more good deed today.

I picked him up, but he was heavier than I expected. I asked one of the people on the streets if there was somewhere to get medical attention here, and he said there was a church with healing priests up north of this area.

Once I get there, I give him to the priests and say it'll cost 10G to heal him. OUCH! Well, at least it's not United States health care...

I can't afford it though, I literally just spent all of my money. Well, I'm sure he won't mind if I "borrow" some of his. It is for his sake after all. I don't really have a choice if he wants to get through this healthy. 


"So, you're saying you spent my money to pay for my medical bills... without asking..."

"Yep! Are you doing better now!"

"Yeah, other than my wallet I'm doing fine. You just spent the money that was almost stolen by those thieves. How does that make you any better?"
"Ouch! Harsh words, saying the whole reason you can still stand is because of me!"

"And now I'm poor. Just like you."
"You are really pessimistic you know?"

"Thanks."

"... That wasn't a compli- you know what, I don't even care at this point."

I need to get one more job from the Guild today so I can pay for somewhere to sleep. I'll probably not get another kill-quest though. Probably just gonna harvest some herbs from the forest or something. Oh yeah, and I need to figure out how to get materials from the kobolds I killed.


"Welcome back, here is your reward for your harvest-quest."

Well, I got 20G from that quest, so I should have enough money to afford a place to sleep. Before I saw cheap rooms going for around 20G a night. Some people just sleep in the Guild Hall, but I do not trust that place's security for a place to sleep, thinking of all the people who can just walk in.

Also, 20G! That's what I made in two weeks! I just picked some glorified grass and got the same amount! Granted, the herbs are rare and it took a long time for me to find them, like five hours. Well, at least I have a moderately okay source of income now. A real job would probably be better and safer, but I don't exactly have a good route into the workforce from this small town.

Time to get some rest though, finally I can sleep in a bed! For my first time in this world! Time to enter the inn, or should I say "inn"ter! Hahahaha... I'll see myself out.

I'll deal with the kobold bodies later. I don't think things age in my storage after all. It would be awkward if I pulled out a bunch of rotting bodies tomorrow though. Oh well, save those worries for after I wake up!

Right as I'm walking to the inn however, I see an annoying pessimistic cat. Ugh, him again. I save his butt, and he just bashes me! What the heck dude!

I mean it was 10G! You'll have it back by tomorrow! I can tell you are an adventurer, you literally have armor and a sword on your waist! How do I know that he's not a guard? They have a standard uniform of course. 

A little fun fact I learned about this world though. Some people are known to be invited to be in the knights and receive training if they are really good adventurers! And the knights pay well too! Well, that's really only in big cities in populated areas though. Small towns like this don't receive enough recognition for something like that to happen.

I was planning to walk by the annoying cat, but turns out he's also in line for a room! I have to stand behind him! Well, it's not that bad, I'll just stand behind him and not say anything.

As soon as he gets his room, he books it out of there. Weird. Oh well, I check in, pay for my room, and finally lay in the bed!

Ahh... nothing can beat sleeping in a room, even if the floors creak and the place looks kinda run down.

Good Night!

16