Arc 1: “Will you be fighting as a magical kid to defend the future?”
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Will you be fighting as a magical kid to defend the future?"

After Fauna said those words, the plain-looking man dressed in cheap baggy clothes simply blinked at him, looking stoically unimpressed. He looked at Fauna with wonders at first, like humans tend to do when they caught sight of his kind, but as Fauna started explaining about responsibility and magical power, his smile faded and now Fauna had the impression he was doing his best to contain his annoyance.

It was sort of unexpected. The woman Fauna had recruited before him was absolutely ecstatic. She jumped in joy and rolled around in her bed with delight. Fauna's superior said that he might get that kind of reaction a lot from now on.

"Remember, Fauna," Alam, his superior, had said. "Middle Race is very fragile compared to us, Lower Beings. Treat them with care, okay?"

Not for the first time, Fauna wondered why he had to be the one assigned to his job. He didn't know the first thing about Middle Race.

As Fauna pondered on what he should do next, the man leaned against the sofa and asked, "I am sorry if this sounds rude but do I get anything out of it?"

Fauna blinked in bewilderment. He wasn't prepared for that kind of question at all. The woman before had acted like Fauna had done her a favor instead of the other way around. Certainly, magical kids were fighting for the benefits of both Lower Being and Middle Race, but not everybody would want to take up such a troublesome job.

Even Lower Beings who had the awareness and knowledge of the things going around on Earth didn't take it. Hence, why Fauna was here in the first place.

"Is there anything you want?" Fauna asked cautiously. Middle Race was infamous for their greed. What could the man wish from a Lower Being? A royal throne? A kingdom? Immortal life?

 The man looked unsure. "Can I get paid?"

It was such an unexpected question that Fauna ended up choking on his own spits.

"I-I mean-" Fauna stammered. "With magical power, you can create your own money."

Upon hearing the word money, the man's agitation cleared up instantly. His face brightened in wonder once again. The sudden change was honestly kind of disturbing.

"I accept."

Fauna nodded in relief. That's one problem taken care of. With his tiny body and small wings, he floated to the man's side.

Unlocking magical power was easy. Fauna just had to concentrate on reversing the human core, letting it connect with the higher plane.

Unlike the Lower Being who borrowed power from the higher plane, the Middle Race could wield the power as if they owned it. Fauna just had to lock it in place with a new name.

"You are Sailor Adith," Fauna said, sensing a whole heart full of seas and blue water. "Your element is the ocean."

In front of Fauna, Adith glowed blue. He looked alarmed, glancing down at his body with wide eyes. When the light enveloping his body disappeared, the man was nowhere to be seen. In his place was a small kid in a blue-and-white sailor uniform, complete with the sailor-themed hat and shoes. Compared to the baggy clothes, the magical form fit him way better.

Adith ran to his room, Fauna following behind, and stopped in front of a mirror. "This is me?" He turned around to see his magical form better. "Wow, this job even comes with free shoes."

"The shoes are part of your magical form," Fauna reminded him.

Adith didn't seem to be able to listen to him. He stood frozen in front of the mirror in silence, taking in his new appearance with an expression closer to disbelief. Fauna was worried he'd gone into shock. It didn't last long, though.

"Alright," Adith clasped his white-gloved hands together. "So how do I create money?"

Fauna sighed. He wondered if he'd chosen the right person to be a Magical Kid.

1