Please don’t leave me again
105 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally, I found him.

His back was faced towards me. He stood on the star fields barefooted, his feet wrapped in bandages. His gown swayed lightly with the icy wind.. 

Why have you gone here, dear prince? 

What have you been doing all this time?

Why…did you run away?

Even now I was afraid to ask those questions, afraid that it would cause him to hurt. Wasn't that the reason he ran away?

I'm sorry. I'll apologize.

I just hope that you stay beside me.

Suddenly, your back no longer faced me. You had turned around.

I couldn't help but notice your eyes. Your lashes still fluttered like a dandelion in the breeze, yet your eyes were no longer the bright ones I was used to seeing. They had lost their color.

Your clothes were tattered and torn. Not clothes you would see on a prince. 

Your skin which was the color of wheat, dazzling in the sun, now was pale and almost transparent.

The boy who was once a healthy young lad now looked so fragile that he could fall with a touch.

I merely wanted to embrace you and whisper sweet nothings to you. To love you and to be beside you.

My hand tried to reach out to him, and unexpectedly, he came closer...and closer, and closer, and….

His arms tightly wrapped around my waist, and his head lay on my chest. I couldn't see his face.

I wondered if he could hear the rapid beating in my chest.

A faint feeling of warmth grew inside me. I wanted to hug him as well. 

Then, a warm liquid seemed to seep through my shirt. I paused.

I looked down and saw my beloved's mouth spilling a red liquid, his arms now only embraced me faintly, and his colorless eyes closed shut as if they were never to open again.

My blood froze. 

I held his face in my hands and forced him to face me. Please open your eyes. Please look at me. 

I held up his weak body, skin cold to the touch. 

Why, why must things end this way…

You...

Why must you leave me again?

2