Chapter 2
96 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kinda nostalgic.

I could still remember the feeling.

Of the emotions I felt the moment she turned down my confession.

The pain I felt as her palms struck my face and almost sent me flying. Actually, I fell on my knees after her slap. Quite a shame for a male honestly.

It pains my heart. It's like being struck by a mace in your face. Her palms were very strong, beyond my imagination. 

Her eyes were deep cold with a deadpan expression as she struck my face with her palm without a glimpse of hesitation.

It made me wonder whether she really is a woman or not.

Even so, why's my heart still racing so fast whenever her face showed up in my mind. It was like I was stuck in a loop world of her, I kept thinking about her everyday as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I stared at the reflection of the man with black hair in the mirror and glared.

The man's brows were arched up as if he was always angry, and he had a deadly glare on his eyes which made other people avoid it.

That man with asian facial looks was none other than me. I've had this scary look since I was young.

Although the good part of it was I won't be bullied by others and would be avoided, the sad part was, I became a loner and have to live my life alone until now. I got too used to being alone in the past that now I don't wish to associate with anyone truth be told.

As I stood in front of the mirror in daze staring at my own face with tears seemingly gathering at the corner of my eyes, I heard my mother calls out to me from the kitchen.

"Ryan, eat your breakfast! You'll be late from school!"

I snapped back on reality and started moving from where I stood. And soon, arrived into the dining room, with a feast laid out on the table early in the morning.

Was there some kind of celebration or something?

I could see a fried chicken on the corner of the table and lots of food waiting to be eaten which weirded me out. After all, my mother only cooks this much when there's something to celebrate. It's so strange to see a feast laid out on the table early in the morning when there's nothing going on.

And just to answer my curiosity, my younger sister who's now wearing her clothes on, walked past me and sat on one of the empty seats before groaning in irritation.

"Mom had a pay rise yesterday. You were out yesterday at midnight so you didn't know. It's annoying seeing you stand there because you stink so much, so get the hell out of there before I kick your butt off."

I bowed my head slightly before moving out into one of the empty seats opposite to my younger sister. Really, if there was something I was so unfortunate about, it'll be about the fact that my younger sister changed her attitude after growing up.

"My sweet and kind, Lily……"

I could still vaguely remember my younger sister, Lily running towards me with a wide smile on her face in the fast. But ever since she had reached the age of adulthood, all of the sudden, her personality took a sudden turn of change for no reason.

"What…?"

Her glaring eyes stabbed at mine as she heard me muttering subconsciously earlier. I lowered my gaze and avoided her glaring eyes as I ignored her as if I didn't hear her speak.

Of course, she didn't let me off so easily in the beginning, but once my mother arrived into the dining room, her glaring bladders subsided and turned into a fake warm smile.

Seriously, not only has her personality changed. She even turned into a rotten woman.

My mother sat beside my younger sister before we started eating.

And as we ate, my mother suddenly stopped her fork and stared at me with a concerned expression.

"Why were you gone yesterday at midnight?"

Her tone was cold in comparison even though her eyes were full of concern. I could feel how worried she was.

"It was just like any other normal day. I went out to the park to stare at the sky. You know how much I loved staring at the sky, didn't you? mother?"

My mother sighed in annoyance before glancing towards my younger sister. I don't know why she was glancing her way, but soon discarded any thought as my mother's brows turned into a frown.

"Didn't you know how worried your younger sister was? She almost didn't get any sleep yesterday, and repeatedly asked me to look for you. I also didn't get any sleep because she kept bothering me yesterday. Just recalling it makes me angry…"

"...S- stop with your lies, mom!!"

My younger sister shouted towards my mother, her face bit flustered with her cheeks so red seemingly about to explode.

Even I thinks my mother is lying.

Why would my younger sister who's been ignoring me for years would show care for me? If there was any, it would be because we're siblings. There's no way my cold sister would worry for me for other reasons.

And if it was true, I believe that the world must be nearing its end.

"Right. Right. It was a lie, little Lily."

My mother responded with a smug on her face, teasing Lily.

Lily's eyes started to become teary. That's why I started ignoring the mother and daughter as I finished my meal.

Taking a bath and putting my school clothes on, I left our house and before long soon arrived at school.

As usual, I ignored my surroundings while I had my earphones on both of my ears before sitting at my seat in the class.

The homeroom teacher still hasn't arrived and so I decided to take a nap for now.

2