Chapter 1
6.7k 14 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

English is not my first language so there may be errors, feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

------

It was just another bright sunny day. My eyes opened, checking the time using my phone next to me. 

'It's already 3 P.M. huh… I should fix my sleep schedule, school starts in a week, and I can't be late on my first day of grade 10 in my new school…'

I had surprisingly gotten into a rather prestigious highschool recently. I thought it was a miracle I had passed the qualifications. I wasn't what you would call the "brightest" but I did what I could without putting too much effort in. 

I was what people would call a "lazy" person. In reality, I didn't have any motivation, enthusiasm, and confidence to try. I always tried to be humble, knowing that the very people I talk to wouldn't like me otherwise. I was also unattractive, meaning I had to make up for that using other traits of mine. You could call me "fake" or a horrible person, but all I want are more people that don't dislike me just because of my looks, maybe even a girlfriend one day, but I wasn't too sure about that. 

'Maybe I should get up now…' 

Getting up, I headed towards the bathroom. I always made it a habit to take a shower first thing when I wake up, brushing my teeth as well. I had to stay clean, especially during my teenage years. After quickly washing myself I went to the kitchen to find something to eat.

I stood in front of the open fridge, looking for anything I could eat. I decided on cereal, I didn't want to make a meal right now. I opened the pantry and took out a box of Frosted Flukes, it was a bit sugary but it was fine. I took the bowl of cereal to the counter and sat down, reading messages on Discrod, replying to a few that caught my eye. So far, it has been a typical summer day. Nothing special or interesting.

I didn't go outside much, not many contacted me to go with them anywhere after all, a bit sad but I was used to it. 

I opened up YourTubes on my phone, scrolling through I found nothing interesting. "Tch." I said, a bit bored. 

Suddenly, I was smacked in the back of my head. "Ow…" Confused, I turned around to find my little sister, Aiko, fuming. She was obviously mad at me, the reason? No clue.

'Oh no, what have I done this time…'

"I swear to God if you don't know why I'm mad, I'm going to...! You remember right? It's been a whole week! I've been waiting, thinking you were going to surprise me or something but all you've been doing these past few days is been holed up in your room all day!" Yelled my lil’ sis at me. I had forgotten something important, big-time important.

"Look, I'm going to be completely honest with you… I don't remember…" I said to her, hoping for a sliver of empathy.

"You…! I hate you! Just die already! You're so inconsiderate and forgetful! You idiot!" Yelled Aiko, running off back upstairs.

"Just die already!" Rung out in my head multiple times, as if it was playing on loop. It hurt but it was fine, it was going to happen anyways. Maybe when I'm gone she'll be a bit happier. My life wasn't worth someone else's suffering after all.

I had a note written for my parents as well. Although I knew I was being selfish, killing myself. But only my parents would know that, and perhaps the authorities as well. I planned to make this look like an accident, that way I wouldn't leave any impact on anyone. It wasn't anyone else's fault I was going to die, it was my responsibility, and my fault. No one would think it was their fault I died. But my parents deserved to know the truth, it wasn't right for them to be in the dark after all.

Interrupted my thoughts, my mom slapped the back of my head. Why the back of my head!?!?

"You just woke up didn't you! What time did you sleep last night?!?!" Asked my mom. She had clearly gotten back from work early just now, based on her attire and makeup. 

"I dunno…" I replied, it was a lie. I slept at 4 A.M. but I didn't want to tell her that. 

"You better wake up early next time! And go to bed at a proper time as well! Your school is starting soon as well, so get used to it!" Yelled my mom as she went upstairs to presumably change. 

"Okay…" I replied monotonously. I don't think she heard me anyways so it didn't matter. 

I got up and washed my bowl of cereal, then headed back to my room, turning on my computer. I had bought this computer with my own saved money I had gotten from a job I worked over the summer. Everything I had bought on this computer was also my own saved money. I didn't want to make my parents use any money on something so temporary. I was only going to be using this for a year longer at most after all.

As I checked through my messages and games I wanted to play, something I'd rather had forgotten surfaced in my mind. It was the memory of "her". Out of instinct, I rubbed my chest. The scar she left behind was still there. That day she had carved that message into me, figuratively and literally. 

I lifted my shirt and found that scar, it started at the middle of my chest, going all the way down to my stomach. "HayatoXAki♥" it wrote...

82