Chapter 8
2.4k 13 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Characters and their descriptions are in the next chapter in case you forgot.

 

Nnn… 

 

'Maybe I should say sorry, just in case…' I thought before walking over to the mirror. 

 

After making sure I looked cute, I went to his room. Opening the door, I saw…

 

‘Locked? Hmm… I’ll use the key, just this one- only when I need to.’

 

Click!

 

It made a very light click sound, allowing me to open the door. 

 

I saw him rolled up in his bedsheets, he looked bigger than usual. But he was breathing strangely, it was rushed and erratic.

 

I started to imagine the worst of the worst in my mind, and rushed to his side, really worried. "Nii-chan! Nii-chan! Are you okay?" I asked.

 

I turned over the blankets and saw her in his bed.

 

""Tch."" 

 

We both clicked our tongues at the same time, glaring at each other. It was only then that I realized the open bag beside the bed.

 

"What the hell are you doing in Nii-chan's bed?"

 

"Oh~ look who's all grown up now! How cute…"

 

"Shut-shut up! Hmph!” 

 

"Now, now. Don't be so mad, I just got home you know? I just wanted to make sure he was safe, because I know I can't rely on someone as incompetent as you."

 

“What?

 

“I said I can’t rely on someone as small and unreliable as you. Just like last time, how didn’t you realize? You were glued to him basically, so how didn’t you realize that bi–”

 

“SHUT UP!” I yelled. I couldn’t- didn’t want to remember that. No! It’s never going to happen again! NEVER!

 

“Shut it. You know you were useless. Just give it up now and let me have him, you won’t be able to protect him. Not like last time, isn’t that right, my cute and worthless little sister?

 

"I'm going to kill you!" I yelled at her as I leapt toward her. 

 

Never. No one should ever. Question my love for Nii-chan! I'll kill her! I can’t- can’t… No! I will have him.

 

I pounced onto her throat and sat on top of her, pushing her to the ground while strangling her. 

 

It made a loud thump! As she fell. 

 

My grip started getting tighter and tighter. 

 

She looked almost out of breath by now. Finally.

 

Yes! Yes! YES! Mine! MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE!

 

But she started smiling at me. Why?

 

And before I knew it, I was pulled back.

 

Frozen in fear, I looked back to see who it was. And it was the one person who I didn't want to see, not when I was doing something like this. 

 

Nii-chan…

 

W-Why? Why is it… Why is it always me?

 

  • ~~~~•

 

<Hayato (MC) POV>

 

“We need to talk.” Mom said in a serious tone. 

 

“O-okay.” I said, nodding my head, signaling for her to continue. 

 

Her lips parted, but no sound came out. She looked distressed. It was only after a dozen seconds did she make a noise. “Hmm…”

 

I gulped, unsure of what to expect. 

 

Thump!

 

A loud sound came from upstairs. “I-I’ll go check that out.” I said as I hurriedly got up.

 

‘Why am I avoiding it?’

 

The worst of the worst came to my mind as I heard the thump. I rushed upstairs, nearly slipping on one of the steps. 

 

I looked around, unsure of where the sound came from. I quickly started checking the rooms, and within seconds, I found my cute little sister choking my older sister. 

 

I started to feel hot, it was hard to breathe and I felt dizzy. 

 

‘Panic attack. Not now. Not now. Not now. Please!’ I forced myself to look straight and breathe. It felt like I was going to pass out.

 

I ran over and pulled her back, pulling her away from my older sister. “Are you okay!?!?” I asked her as I knelt, making sure she could breathe. 

 

She started coughing as she held her throat in pain. I supported her back and head with my hands, debating whether I should call an ambulance or not.

 

She fell forwards onto me while hugging me, I supported her whole body weight as she started to erratically breathe. 

 

“Are-are you okay? Should I call an ambulance?” I tried helping her as she quickly calmed down.

 

It only started to get worse. My body started to get hot, the room started to spin and I could only think of the worst outcome. I was afraid, paralyzed from that fear.

 

Her breathing started to stabilize but I was still frozen. “I-I’m okay. I’m okay.” she said as she hugged me tighter.

 

I finally started to calm down, warm within her embrace. 

 

It felt… 

 

My train of thought was interrupted by the muffled sound of sobbing coming from behind me. 

 

Looking behind, Akio was attempting to sob silently as she hid herself in a fetal position. 

 

I felt sandwiched. In a moral dilemma, unsure of what to do next. Finally working up the courage, I slid over to Aiko, making sure she was alright. “Are you okay?” I asked her.

 

No response.

 

I knew she was in the wrong, but I just couldn’t let her be. Something felt off about this. 

 

‘I mean, how did someone as small as Aiko overpower and almost choke Zea, who’s nearly double her size?’

 

“Let me talk to her…” Zea gently said as she sat beside Aiko.

 

“Listen, I know things happen and sometimes we fight, but we should never truly try to hurt each other you know?” She said while gently patting her back, I joined in, slowly caressing her head. 

 

“But, it’s okay. I forgive you. And I didn’t want to hurt you, so I didn’t fight back. Mistakes happen and you’re still young, figuring out how to deal with your emotions. But-” She paused, frowning before slightly smiling. 

 

‘That makes more sense’

 

“I’ll give you some alone time. C’mon Hayato, let’s go.” She said to me, stretching her hand out to help me up. 

 

“No! I mean- please… Please don’t leave me nii-chan… I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m so, so sorry. Please… Please don’t hate me…” Aiko begged as she tugged on my sleeve, her face plastered with her tears and mucus. 

 

“It-It’s okay, I’m right here. Just don’t do that again…” I solemnly said, sitting down beside her. 

 

‘Why am I spoiling her… Ah, whatever… But… Hmm… It's okay, she's only a kid.’

 

She fell over onto me, crying into my shoulder as I awkwardly comforted her. 

 

“Please don’t hate me nii-chan. Please. ” I could hear her repeatedly say under her breath. 

 

‘Why?’ I asked myself.

 

‘Am I that meaningful to her? Or is it just because I’m her brother?’ 

 

Regardless, I gave her solace. “It's okay. I don't hate you, and neither does big sister. So calm down, okay…?”

 

She didn't speak but stopped sobbing.

 

“...”

 

‘What should I do here?!?! Help me, Zea!’ I screamed internally as I kept still. 

 

Thankfully, Aiko leaned back, wiping away her tears and looking down. She muttered something but I couldn't hear her. 

 

“Wh- Sorry, what did you say? I couldn't hear you…” I said as gently as possible. 

 

“I'm… I'm sorry. Please… Please don't hate me.” She said, keeping her head low. 

 

I looked back to Zea, prompting her to respond. She was smiling at me but snapped out of it. “It's okay, we all make mistakes.” 

 

No one said anything after that. 

 

I’m tired of this.

36