Chapter 9: Backstory (6/8)
1.9k 5 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[HK: I'm back

 

Aki♥Haya: hello again ◉‿◉

 

Aki♥Haya: I was thinking we could call? I want to hear your voice~ 

 

HK: I'm tired right now sorry

 

Aki♥Haya: please! Just this one time! (༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ)

 

I hesitated before answering.

 

HK: no i really dont want to right now 

 

Aki♥Haya: fine… But in exchange you have to come over tomorrow

 

Aki♥Haya: we didn’t even get a chance to do anything today

 

Aki♥Haya: and maybe we could…

 

HK: could?

 

Aki♥Haya: you know… continue with what we were doing]

 

My face started to flush at the thought. I got goosebumps as I read it over and over again, my mind wandering to dangerous places…

 

I decided to leave it at that and headed down to eat dinner.  Dad wasn’t home today either. 

 

After finishing, I walked over to the sink to put my dishes away. “Can you help me with the dishes please?” My mom asked. 

 

I nodded in confirmation and started applying soap to all of them. “Can I help too?!?!” Asked Aiko, excited to help. 

 

“It’s okay, just let me do it.” I responded, just wanting to quickly finish washing the dishes. 

 

“Mouu… But I want to do something! I’m bored!” She pouted. 

 

“Then just go do some other chore?” I replied, very confused. 

 

“No! I mean- no. I want to do this one.” (Aiko)

 

“What? Why?” 

 

“Because I want to… Well, you know…” She looked a little red, looking at me expectantly waiting for me to understand. 

 

I don’t understand at all. Is it something embarrassing? I don’t see how anything could relate to this being embarrassing. Like, seriously though, what could it be? Maybe she was just making an excuse? 

 

I racked my brain for an answer, but eventually gave up. “Well, I’m already done now… So…”

 

She glared at me, watching me wipe my hands before I stiffly walked back to my room, slowly. 

 

Entering my room, I realized something. I forgot to reply before leaving. And of course, the entire chat box was filled with messages, I didn’t read them and instead just wrote a simple reply. 

 

[HK: sorry I forgot to tell you I had to leave

 

Aki♥Haya: Oh, okay! That’s fine.

 

Sigh… She’s mad. Why is she so obsessed with me anyways, I don’t get it?

 

HK: are you mad?

 

Aki♥Haya: no, I’m not mad. 

 

HK: I can tell you’re mad at me, I’m sorry it was just a small mistake

 

Aki♥Haya: fine, but you have to do something for me tomorrow, okay?

 

As she said that, Aiko, my little sister walked into my room, falling face-first onto the bed. She was already in her onesie. 

 

I ignored her and quickly replied. 

 

HK: yes, also I have to go now, bye?]

 

I closed the app before switching back to the novel site and asking my sister. “What’re you doing here?”

 

“Can’t a sister come to her brother's room once in a while?” She replied back.

 

I nodded in response, putting my focus back on the screen. 

 

I could hear her getting up behind me, walking right behind my chair. She pulled the chair back slightly, her face appearing from the top of my view, upside down. 

 

She was leaning over the chair, staring right into me. Her bangs fell over her head to partially cover the screen. 

 

Very awkward. 

 

"Hmm?" I mumbled, confused as to why she was doing this. Staring at me for another few seconds, her lips curved into a smile and then giggling. 

 

After moving out of my peripheral vision and resting her chin over my head she spoke. "I'm boreddd…" She complained. 'Same…' I complained to no one inside my head. 

 

"Just go do something or go to bed." I replied. 

 

"Tch." 

 

'Did she just click her tongue…?'

 

"Oh! Can you help me with my homework, pleaseee." She begged me while playing with my hair. 

 

Inwardly sighing, I nodded in agreement. 'So that's why she came here.' 

 

"Yay! Thanks~" She said before quickly running out of my room and coming back in with a textbook and notebook. 

 

Everything she did for homework was simple, she just didn't want to do it and she was too stubborn to listen to me when I try to teach her. 

 

After quickly finishing her work, I went to bed and tried to sleep. 'It's always the night…'

 

***

 

After waking up and going to school for another dull day, I was reminded that I owed Aki one, for my minor mistake yesterday. I gave up trying to argue about it and followed her back into her home. 

 

“Hehehe~ oh! Wait… Uhm, j-just wait in my room, okay? This will only take 10 minutes, max!” She said before quickly taking off her shoes and turning the corner of the hallway.

 

I casually took my shoes off and placed them on the rack, walking upstairs and into her room. ‘I’ve never seen her like that before, I wonder what was so important…’

 

I sat on her bed, careful not to wrinkle the sheets and waited. 

 

1 minute…

 

2 minutes…

 

3 minutes…

 

5 minutes…

 

‘I’m bored…’ I said to myself as I continued to look around in the room. 

 

‘Now that I think about it… I’ve never really seen what’s in her drawers have I? I wonder what type of things girls keep in there… But… Wouldn’t that be creepy? It feels wrong, but I just…’

 

After another few dozen seconds of contemplating, I submitted to my curiosity. 

 

Carefully getting up and walking to the drawers, I opened the first one. 

 

‘Just clothes… Well, what else would be in here anyways?’ I sighed to myself and started slowly closing the drawer, careful not to make any sound. 

 

But, I noticed something. As the clothes slightly moved from my pulling and pushing of the drawer, the top of a book was peeking out. 

 

Looking around, trying to make sure I didn’t get caught, I slid the book over the clothes. 

 

‘A journal? Or rather, a diary? What is this?’ I observed the front of the book, empty and devoid of even a clue as to what this was. 

 

I opened a random page, to be met with an… Observation? Record? 

 

Everything about me and my days at school even some at home, it’s all written right here. I flipped to the next page, and again, it was all about me. 

 

From the time I woke up to what I smelled like that day. Pictures of me, who I talked to, what she was going to try to do to me. 

 

The next page, and another, and another, and another, another, another, another, another; again and again and again. Even my hair, toothbrush, fingernails, blood, everything. 

 

The more I read the more I came across the same incomprehensible writing, pictures, and symbols. It was like there were 2 different people writing. Nothing made sense. 

 

As I kept flipping through the pages, I finally came across a comprehensible page. 

 

“…”

 

“…”

 

 

 

Thud!

 

I looked back. 

 

You saw it. Didn’t you?

 

Her penetrating gaze pierced through my heart. I felt like a deer in front of the headlights. 

 

But…

 

At the same time, I felt… Apologetic?

 

"I'm s-" 

 

Shut up. You saw it, right?"

 

I didn't respond. I felt guilty. Like I did something horrible. It was wrong to go through her… Notebook? Diary? Whatever it was, I shouldn't have read it.

 

TELL ME! Look at me Hayato. Look at me. I SAID LOOK AT ME!" She said as she gripped my hair and forced me to look up, to look at her. 

 

"YES. OR. NO."

 

I swallowed my saliva before answering. "Y-yes, I did… And I-" I was about to apologize but was startled.

 

Startled because she just started laughing.

 

Maniacally

 

Ke, keheheheheheheHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" She continued to laugh, taking a few steps back while clenching her empty fists tight as if she was holding onto something she couldn't- wouldn't let loose. 

 

I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!" Her eyes were wide open, teeth grit as she leapt towards me. 

 

I reflexively put my hands up to protect myself.

 

But with her entire body weight crashing directly into my weak and fragile arms, it wasn't much of a resistance. 

 

I fell to the floor with Aki sitting on top of me while she pinned my arms to the floor using her entire body weight. She started mumbling incomprehensible things while I tried to free myself, confused as to what was going on. 

 

I didn’t want to hurt her, but I didn’t just want to keep still either…

 

I’m lost, what do I do? But before I could answer that question, if I even could come up with an answer, she started talking, her voice quivering.

 

I'm, I’m NOT, I’m NOT crazy, okay? Okay? I’m-I’m doing this for you. Right, I'm doing this for you. For you. Okay? Just trust me. Even though, even- even though, I- STOP STRUGGLING FOR A SECOND! Oh- I-I-I-I SAID STAY STILL. PLEASE! Stop… don’t-MOVE!"

 

I stopped trying to free myself, but she kept pressing down on me. 

 

Hard.

 

My wrists were starting to get numb. But suddenly, she stopped moving altogether as well. The grip on my wrists loosened as she slumped down, her eyes shut tight. I subconsciously gulped my saliva.

 

Then her eyes shot open and her hands lunged towards me, more specifically, my neck.

26