Prologue – First
389 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“___”

In the depth of darkness, a voice echoing like ripples on the water, seemingly calling him.

“____”

The voice sounds close yet distant.

It made him feel nostalgic and ached like it was something important he had missed, something important he had once long forgotten. 

??

It struck him.

How come he felt that way?

He realized the voice was unknown to him nor even remember ever hearing the voice.

However, somewhere deep inside him, a strong longing emerges when he hears the voice. His feeling told him he should remember it, his mind fell into the void whenever he tried to recall, however.

“_____”

At last, his eyes opened.

He turned towards the direction the voice come from and saw s strong radiance that penetrated his eyes and illuminated a part of the dark space.

Under the radiance, there is a silhouette.

!!!

At a glance, he realized it’s the owner of the voice.

He focused his sight, staring boringly at her

He annoyed.

Under the obstruction of radiance, his sight can’t reveal her profile. The only way how he could tell it was her, was her feminine silhouette.

Then his annoyance then turned into bewilderment. Although he can’t see her profile, her silhouette was enough to tell him he has never seen her.

Yet, her appearance sends chaos both to his mind and heart, telling him he certainly knew her, yet he can’t remember however he searching in his mind.

Looking at her, many questions surfaced in his heart.

Who are you?

Why do you appear in front of me?

Why don’t you show yourself?

Why do I feel this way when I saw you?

What are you to me?

Just he tried to ask, he realize his body was numb, can’t even open his mouth. Then his body moved on its own, felt as if his body was no longer his.

The first thing he does is stretch his hand toward the silhouette, seemingly trying to reach her.

Unfortunately, his hand won’t reach no matter how far it’s stretched.

“_____”

“__!!”

Slowly, he started to walk, increasing his pace as he moved toward her. Finally, his walk turned into a frantic run.

Even so, his hand wouldn’t reach her.

“…”

While he was trapped inside his own body, he watched everything. There’s a murky feeling rushing through his mind.

Although it isn’t him as his body moved by itself, he can feel the strong frustration and aggravation he felt. 

“__!”

Someone was roaring.

He was startled, wondering who's voice is it, there was no one except him and her in this light and dark space.

“__!!!”

The voice seemed familiar to him but unlike hers.

Then it caught him.

It was him who was screaming, trying to convey something to her, only to become a fruitless endeavor no matter he tore his throat.

“____”

“_!!”

By this time, he became just like a passerby that stuck in someone’s head.

He could listen to their voices, seemingly having a conversation, yet he can’t make sense of any of their words as only the sound of murkiness entered his ear.

While he couldn’t understand the conversation, he could perceive the emotion in his voice. It’s a strong mixed emotion of sadness, regret, and longing. 

From his own body, he watched him desperately trying to reach her. 

The scene was unbearable to look at, seeing himself running desperately, yet unable reaches what he was seeking. He feels so helpless since he didn’t know and can’t do anything. 

“…”

Watching all of this, an odd feeling stuck in his chest.

For some reason, the scene felt oddly familiar yet not familiar at the same time. It was as though he had already experienced something similar, but did not remember anything about it. 

It feels as though he has forgotten something, something very important, yet isn’t.

However, before he managed to realize the weirdness he feeling, his light was cut off.

Suddenly, his view shut down and his ear was covered by dead silence.

He lost his foothold and freefallen in the darkness as though the ground under him vanished.

And without his notice, his consciousness flew out.

Return to reality.

 

*****

***

*

 

Hah!?

A boy woke up. 

A large number of cold beads run down his forehead as he sat on the bed. After taking several deep breaths, his emotion finally calmed down.

The boy looked at the mirror and saw his reflection.

It’s a figure of a young boy that looked ten years old.

Why looked?

That is because he himself wondered his true age.

Despite being a child, there was a strong and wise glint residing in his eyes that was uncharacteristic for a person of his age.

*Sigh*

That was a strange dream.

Recalling the dream causes the boy to have a rather complex emotion. He couldn’t completely remember the dream content. He is sure that isn’t a nightmare, yet it greatly disturbs his emotion.

The boy wiped the single tear that fell from his right eye.

Because of the unknown sadness, he stays still on the bed for a while.

…..

.

After a while, he decided the dream was not worth lasting lingering and shook it off his mind, and shifted his attention to another matter.

Looking at the wet blanket made the boy frown awkwardly. Though he wasn’t, the sweat-wet blanket would cause people to misunderstand and thought he was wetting on the bed.

Flustered, he doesn’t want to cause a misunderstanding.

“Ngh!”

Especially to her.

The little boy glanced in the sound direction.

Beside him, there’s a blonde-haired little girl laying comfortably. Though he caused much movement, it apparently wasn’t enough to wake the girl from her sweet dream. 

Looking at her peaceful sleeping face, the tip on the boy’s lips unconsciously rose up.

The girl is his benefactor and master. 

For him who didn’t have anything or a future, she was his savior, someone who pulled him from the darkness. She is someone important to him since she’s the reason for his current life.

Not intent to disturb her, the boy slowly gets off the bed, moving carefully so as to not wake her up. 

The boy glanced to the window and spotted sunrise about to appear. He moving in his morning routine.

After finishing changing his clothes, the boy went before the mirror, looking at his reflection self.

The boy has black hair and pair eyes, a rare characteristic in the country he resides, making him quite conspicuous in the crowd. His limbs skin was tender, sometimes mistaken for a girl’s. 

“…”

The boy stands still and touches his chest.

It might unnoticeable because he is clothed. Under the servant garment the boy was wearing, there were many ugly scars covering his body except his limbs. 

“Alright!”

Turning around, he spotted the girl still in her sweet dream.

Cautiously, he went near her and pulls the sweat wet blanket underneath her. 

“Ngh”

The girl twitched uncomfortably caused by the motion the boy made.

“…Arc…”

Frozen in place, the boy got scared to hear his name escape from her little mouth. For a short moment, he thought he awakened her. The girl was stirring for a bit before stopping and returning to her dream. It turns out the girl is only sleep-talking Arc’s name.

A sight of relief escape from his lips before he resumed pulling out the blanket.

After successfully taking the blanket, Arc quickly steps out of the room, then halted.

He stood still as a sudden realization and question hit him.

What he was doing?

Right, what’s Arc doing?

He didn’t wet on blanket or do anything that was considered guilty. His current act however tells people the otherwise.

Isn’t that just admitting he’s being guilty?

Realizing his mistake made him think he was being silly.

Embarrassingly scratching his head, thankful there’s no one see his shameful conduct.

Arc shook off his head, resuming his step out of the room with the blanket. 

Just before he exited, Arc turned his face to the sleeping girl.

“…Good morning, Misha…” 

Knowing his master wouldn’t hear his greeting in sleep, Arc still gave his morning greeting.

As the boy exited the room, he missed a slight smile on Misha’s face.

 

 

 

 

4