Chapter 35 – In the Meeting
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“That’s all I could provide.” (Arc)

After Arc finished recounted the experience of that night, everyone fell into contemplation.

Except their group.

Stealthy, Arc glanced the gloomy seat before him.

On the seat, a little blonde-haired girl sat with pouting mouth.

Misha was depressed.

In the middle of recounting, Arc and Misha swapped place. That’s because Duke Saffron found Misha quite shoddy in explain. After Duke Saffron heard her explanation for a while, he got enough, and ordered her and Arc to swap place.

She, Misha, as a reincarnator, told worse than someone that mentally younger than her in speech by her own father.

That’s really depressing!

Tonight, she determined practice speech with Arc until she got better than him, even if it’d take all-nighter!

Arc got chilled all of sudden.

The meeting room silent.

All of men digesting the information Everyne little servant has brought. It’s actually quite interesting story. It’s unthinkable there’s a child dare to sneak in enemy’s base. Some of them a bit surprised by this little man braveness.

Actually, Arc not brought up the whole story.

Misha has noticed that, but decided not interfere him. She realized there a reason for Arc to do that.

Like Misha suspected, Arc really have reason not to tell the whole story.

He didn’t tell their reckless challenge to fight the group of warriors or Herlin mysterious change.

Especially he couldn’t talk about Herlin’s change and Puppet Corpses. Arc can’t predict what will happen to her if it became known.

Even Duke Saffron is Misha’s father and his lord, there’s bound something that needs to be wrapped by himself –Wrong– by themselves.

Sitting beside Misha, Herlin sighed out relief, her tense facial eased by lot, as her secret not leaked.

“…” (Misha)

By this time, Misha noticed Herlin’s expression and got cold sweat.

Fortunately, it’s not her that explained. If it’s her, she might carelessly tell the whole truth, and place Herlin on precarious situation.

“This quite brave story.” (Clark)

One of guest raised his opinion.

He is Clark from Carriot Count family. A veteran general that had live from same era as Uncle Jug(Robert).

“Is it?” (Arc)

For some reason, Arc didn’t like him.

“The servant over there. Your name is Arc, right?” (Clark)

“Yes, Lord Clark.” (Arc)

“Quite brave one, you Little Servant, sneaked into enemy base to save your precious master.” (Clark)

Clark praise Arc’s braveness with warm smile. Yet, Arc felt there’s strangeness in his word.

“Thank you, Lord Clark.” (Arc)

Instantly, Count Clark’s warm face turned into sharp glint.

“By the way, how do you find their base?” (Clark)

Not just him, everyone else in the room that isn’t Everyne member looking him with doubt.

Ugh!

Arc forgot to tell the process finding Misha.

It’s normal to doubt his story. For children could find enemy’s base that even their knight couldn’t find. That’s ridiculous.

“Little Arc, mind tell?” (Rian)

“Sorry everyone. I forgot to tell how I find my master. The reason I could find her because of her.” (Arc)

Arc then pointed Raina that stand opposite him.

“Huh?” (Clark)

Clark and others’ face getting more staggering. They have expressions as though questioning if he joking.

Huh, did I say wrong?

Arc tilted his head at their reaction.

“Are you playing with me, Servant?” (Clark)

“Eh?” (Arc)

It seemed he really say something wrong.

“No, I’m not dare, Lord Clark. Could Lord tell me why do you thought I play with you?” (Arc)

“So, you really thought not playing me? The fact you pointed that disabled maid that she was the one found those bastards’ base is ridiculous!” (Clark)

*Bam!!*

Clark slammed the table.

“Lord Clark, I think that––” (Rian)

*Bam!!*

*Bruck!!*

Before Rian finish his word, another slam companied with breaking sound resounded in the room.

The whole eyes shifted to young girl in front of Arc.

“Lord Clark, retract your word, please.” (Misha)

Misha said softly, as pulled her small hand from holed table.

“You…” (Clark)

Clark couldn’t reply for a moment.

Unlike Arc, Misha is Duke Saffron’s daughter. It isn’t wise to harshly rebuke her in front of Duke Saffron himself.

Saffron, who watching the situation got out hand, stopped them immediately.

“You two, don’t dare make scuffle here, especially you Count Clark. What were you thinking picking fight with children?” (Saffron)

“Ugh.” (Clark)

“Father…” (Misha)

“Calm down, Misha. Count Clark, please you watch carefully who called disabled maid. She isn’t just a maid, she also youngest awakened I ever found.” (Saffron)

Gasp filled the room. Everyone surprised as they found the half-blind young maid actually a Warrior.

Clark’s face red from embarrassment.

For all intrigue, that so called disabled maid, Raina, just watching from side with cold face.

Misha couldn’t tell if Raina affected by Count Clark’s word or not from her expressionless. But she saw Herlin touched her blindfolded left face.

Raina using a big blindfold that cover most her face upper left part, as it’s left disfigured.

Arc grasping her small hand, trying to reassure her a bit.

“Little Arc, could you be more specific?” (Arianne)

Couldn’t watch the awkward situation any longer, Arianne gave a hand to Arc. Push the meeting forward.

Coldly watching Count Clark, Arc nod in affirmation.

“Okay.” (Arc)

Well, a part of fault lay on him since he not explained it more properly. Unless that man just trying to find fault with him.

Count Clark felt as though he was thrown in winter under Arc’s gaze.

After threw the last cold glance on Count Clark, Arc continued his explanation.

“When I said because of her I could find my master, I truly mean it. It’s because Raina having a great sense of smell that we could track master location through smell.” (Arc)

Half of people in the room raised their eyebrows. Their sight fell on Raina once again.

This the first they heard someone could tracking through smell.

“Huh?” (Misha)

That it?

This first time she heard that. Since she thought it wasn’t mattered, she not bothering to ask Arc how did he find her. Never she thought Raina would take a dog role to track her.

Misha stared Raina dumbfoundedly.

Tracking someone through smell never been thought or done of in this country. That because the people here didn’t have domestic animal like dog that have good sense of smell.

Dog or something similar in this world isn’t small cute animal like her previous world, but ferocious monster. Only a tamer could control it.

Sadly, Myrdiana didn’t have any tamer. Misha heard they’re exist in far country. it’s unfortune she doesn’t have chance to witness them.

Return to meeting.

An old man says with interest.

“Hoh, having a great sense of smell you said? Great. If you what you said was true, this will become our great chance.” (Kenny)

“You right, Sir Kenny. With her help our investigation of that matter could make progress.” (Samuel)

“You two, don’t just make decision with others personal servant.” (Robert)

The discussion heated up as Raina’s ability revealed. They discussed how to use her for their convenience.

Robert tried to stop them. Raina is Everyne’s servant, not a public worker. They couldn’t just use another house servant for their matter.

When the main topic for the meeting almost shifted, Duke Saffron took back control of meeting.

“Calm down.” (Saffron)

His quite word accompanied with heavy ambience.

Silent returned to the room.

“We could discuss that for other time. Right now, we must know what kind people we’re dealing with information that has provided to us.” (Saffron)

“You’re right. Lord Saffron, we’re sorry for being distracted just now.” (Samuel)

Saffron shook his head weakly.

“My daughter’s servant has brought a vital information. These people seemingly worship someone called Satryssfa. This name very unique. Is there from any of you knew about this name?” (Saffron)

The people in the room shook their head. Seemed no one knew this name.

As Saffron about sigh in disappoint, Arc raise his hand.

“What is it, Arc?” (Saffron)

“I have heard Satryssfa name.” (Arc)

“What?”

The eyes fell on him.

“Arc?” (Misha)

“Master, you knew about him too.” (Arc)

“???” (Misha)

Misha pointing at herself.

Am I?

Arc smile wryly.

“Please tell.” (Saffron)

“Satryssfa isn’t well known, but its name of evil deity from east end continent. He has been known as symbol portrayal of destruction, crime, and treachery. An evil existence that brought chaos to the world. There isn’t much legend about him, but this name thoroughly forbidden it the east.” (Arc)

Frowns filled the brow of all people in the room once Arc finished.

“How do you know that?” (Saffron)

“This something I read from old literature in Everyne library.” (Arc)

“Ah!” (Misha)

Misha remembered.

In Everyne mansion library at Everyne territory, there an old literature with old language, because the language rarely used nowadays Misha have learn the old language from scratch. Fortunately, they found dictionary for that language.

At first, Misha thought it’s a magic grimoire. After all, it’s common story in her previous world that grimoire use old language. After managed learned old language in one year, she found it just an ancient storybook.

Sometimes, the common story in her previous life was trap in her current life.

That’s another Misha’s sad story.

In that book, the name Satryssfa mentioned many times as Evil God that brought destruction upon the world. There also mentioned Satryssfa was humanity guardian at beginning, but later, he betrayed them for greed.

“He’s right, father. I also had read that book.” (Misha)

Misha’s add increased Arc’s credibility.

“Hmm.” Duke Saffron crossing his hand. “It’d mean our opponent is some crazy cult bastards.” (Saffron)

He groaned. Having cultist as opponent very troublesome. It because they have many screw on loose in their brain.

“Wait.” (Clark)

Count Clark barge in.

“Are you sure this Satryssfa same with that servant mentioned?” (Clark)

His word logical and a concern. However, because his rudeness to Raina earlier, Arc and Misha feels unpleasant be pointed by him.

“Yeah, this also a problem. However, except this information, we don’t have any clue that leading to them. If their base still there, we might could find another clue.” (Saffron)

“What happen to that place, father?” (Arianne)

“That place thoroughly destroyed without trace.” (Saffron)

According to him, the warehouse outside city have been destroyed by big explosion. Leaving nothing but dust.

*Sigh*

“Seems we don’t have choice but brought the book they talked about here.” (Saffron)

Saffron murmured.

“Umm… father.” (Misha)

“What?” (Saffron)

“Are these would do?” (Misha)

Misha took out several things from her spatial pocket.

“What are those?” (Saffron)

“These things are something I looted from their base when I escaped.” (Misha)

“What!?” (Emer)

“You have something like this!?” (Rian)

An awkward cold and hot gazes pierced Misha. All sights landed on Misha, giving her an uncomfortable feeling.

“………I prefer you tell me this earlier.” (Saffron)

“I forgot.” (Misha)

Saffron shook his head tiredly.

Misha really forgotten those things she brought with her. all of her memory overwhelmed by last explosion.

“Give me those.” (Saffron)

Without further word, Misha gave all her loots to Saffron.

“We could track these things origin.” (Saffron)

An old man stood up after those words.

“Lord Saffron, let me investigate it.” (Kenny)

“Okay.” (Saffron)

The room turns solemn.

“Is there anything else you know or have but forgot, Misha?” (Saffron)

Misha cocked her head, thinking deeply.

“No.” (Misha)

Arc then raise his hand once again.

“Tell.” (Saffron)

“I don’t know if this important or not, but when I and Raina infiltrated their base, we found one room filled corpses. From their state, they seemed like sacrificial victims.” (Arc)

“!!!” (Saffron)

Suddenly, the whole room jolted.

“Are you sure!?” (Saffron)

“Yes.” (Arc)

Saffron glanced at Raina. She nodded as reply.

Saffron’s teeth gritted.

“Looks like we’ve found the culprit of city serial murder and kidnapping case.” (Saffron)

Another sigh escaped.

“But that place destroyed. It’s pity we could collect those victims’ body.” (Saffron)

He said those rageful word expressionlessly.

“One more.” (Arc)

“There’s more?” (Saffron)

Saffron urgent him to continue.

“I recognized that black orb.” (Arc)

“!!!” (Everyone)

Everyone frozen at that word.

Among all information he has brought up, this one may the most unexpected and important one.

Duke Saffron’s eyes glinted. It seems right choice for him to brought them in.

“As expected, they really brought many important information like always.” (Arianne)

At the side, Arianne murmured.

 

If you like my story, please consider to support me and read the ahead chapters

p atreon.com/oiltumpah

1