Chapter 38 – Visiting the Foreign Race Caravan Again
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What is it, Father?” (Misha)

In the middle of night, Misha called to Duke Saffron’s office. As always, Arc and others accompanying her.

“…” (Saffron)

Duke Saffron’s sight swept on the children. He haves one or two word for these unintended guests, but swallowed back as he haves another matter.

“The merchant caravan from Symphonia Kingdom have arrived in city this morning. I heard you visited them.” (Saffron)

“Yes, it’s right. Is something matter?” (Misha)

“They come from Symphonia, is there your acquaintance among them?” (Saffron)

“There is. Uncle Ares.” (Misha)

Symphonia, it’s a far away country that located in far north-east land. The land of Elves and Beastmen. Saffron asking Misha if she has acquaintance among the caravan, as Misha and Arc somehow got involved with an important member from that country about half-year ago in an incident.

It’s baffling to involved with matter of far country. However, the most baffling thing is that person live in Everyne home for two months before returned.

Duke Saffron suffer a big headache at that incident, and realized the bless and horror of Misha’s fortune.

“You know they from far country. They have many things that doesn’t exist here. I intend to acquire those.” (Saffron)

“I understand, but what’s that connection to me?” (Misha)

“Tomorrow, I with many of nobles member intend to visit them. You come up with us. I want you bridged them to us.” (Saffron)

“Me?” (Misha)

Hey, hey!

Isn’t that a very important matter? Why you involved me, a little girl?

“Since you have friendship with them, we may ease our chance to befriend with them.” (Saffron)

“Are sure this, father?” (Misha)

“You will do it. I’ll give you some pocket money if there something you interesting in there.” (Saffron)

Really!?

There’re actually some… wrong, many things she interested there, but Misha lacking money to buy them all.

“Uh, I’ll do all I could then.” (Misha)

Thus, Misha’s group will visit the caravan again tomorrow.

 

*****

***

*

 

Misha visited Symphonia merchant caravan again with usual member along a large group people behind her.

“…” (Arc)

“…” (Misha)

“…” (Raina)

“…” (Herlin)

The children put dumbfounded face. Dumbstruck with the sight they behold.

“What wrong, Misha, Little Arc?” (Arianne)

Arianne asked wonderingly. She also accompanied them.

“……Did we get wrong place, Arc?” (Misha)

“?” (Arianne)

“……No, we’re not.” (Arc)

“But what is that? Is that real?” (Misha)

“Yes, very real.” (Arc)

“You two, what you’re talking about?” (Arianne)

Arianne confused, can’t make sense their conservation.

“Sister, that building isn’t exist yesterday.” (Misha)

“Eh?” (Arianne)

That’s right. For some reason, a building with [Yggdrasil] sign that isn’t exist yesterday, stood proudly on the land the Symphonia caravan stopped.

Is here really the right place?

As though answering her puzzle, Ares come out the building.

“You come again, Little Misha. This time you brought more people.” (Ares)

“Yeah, a-ha-ha-ha.” (Misha)

Misha laughs forcibly. Her eyes still stuck on the building with amazed face.

Ares squinted at the nobles behind Misha.

His rude behavior somewhat enraged the nobles. Luckily, Duke Saffron held them back before they could act.

“You are…” (Ares)

“I’m Duke Saffron, Misha’s father.” (Saffron)

“Yes, remember. You’re her father. I recall we passed at each other last time I visit your place.” (Ares)

“That’s right. I also saw you brought back my daughter’s friend last time.” (Saffron)

Ares and Saffron shake hand as their friendly courteous.

“Could gentleman mind tell your purpose coming here?” (Ares)

“You’re merchant and we’re customers. I’m with my friends here intending to buy some of your exotic merchandise.” (Saffron)

“So, it’s like that.” (Ares)

Ares nodded. Then, with business smile formed on his face, he spread his arm. His business conduct clearly different from his usual behavior.

“Then I welcome you all to [Yggdrasil Store]. Please buy anything that fancy your interest.” (Ares)

“I’ll do that.” (Saffron)

Duke Saffron and nobles enter the building, leaving Misha’s group and Ares outside.

“What are you doing, are you won’t enter?” (Ares)

“Eh, Uncle Ares?” (Misha)

“I said stop calling me uncle” (Ares)

“Uncle Ares, when did you built this building?” (Misha)

“Last night, why?” (Ares)

“Isn’t that too fast!?” (Arc)

The children shocked with the speed of construction. How in the world they managed build a building just in a night!?

“What’s wrong with fast?” (Ares)

“No, no, that’s too fast to build in a night. It’s basically impossible!” (Misha)

*Tsk*…That’s why I hate backward country. They truly left behind in time.” (Ares)

Arc and Misha taken aback by Ares’s monologue.

“This speed pretty much normal in our place. We could quicken the building process with magic and magic devise, you know.” (Ares)

“There is a magic for that!?” (Misha)

“Hmph. This not even worth to be amazed.” (Ares)

Ares turning around, entering the building.

Misha’s eyes still starry. Imagined the world outside there.

Based on Uncle Ares’s word, there still many amazing things outside Myrdiana Kingdom. In book she read, it also mentioned the vastness and greatness of this world. There still many undiscovered mysteries that buried in various places. Someday, when Misha turned adult, she dreaming to explore all those vast worlds.

“Misha!” (Arc)

“Yes!?” (Misha)

Arc’s call woke her from daydreaming.

“Let’s go in. Everyone already inside.” (Arc)

“Eh, already?” (Misha)

Misha looking at the surroundings. Except their group, there no one.

“What I supposed to do? Just why you bring me father? C’mon everyone.” (Misha)

Misha may not realize it, but their purpose basically achieved by the time she met Ares,

 

*****

***

*

 

The outside building already amazing. The inside building even more amazing.

“Whaa!” (Misha)

Misha raised her voice in excitement.

“Woah.” (Arc)

Arc also amazed.

“Uh…” (Herlin)

Herlin was breathless.

“……” (Raina)

Only Raina that didn’t have any particular reaction.

The inside building filled with various magnificent decoration and unique items. The decoration very detail and life-like expression, almost as though they were inside a massive tree house.

“Incredible! How are you do these? Are those really done in one night?” (Misha)

Ares smiling at the children amazement. Seemingly proud in his work.

“Stop looking amazed at everything. You’d faint if you shocked just by these mere decorations.” (Ares)

“Wha?” (Misha)

This time, Misha thoroughly speechless, couldn’t imagine something more shocking that these mere decorations.

*Gulp*

“Arc, Raina, Herlin, let’s take look around!” (Misha)

Misha said with great anticipation swelled in her heart.

 

*****

***

*

 

Herlin silently following Arc and Misha roaming around the Yggdrasil Store.

“…” (Raina)

Beside her, Raina walking with her.

“Um…” (Herlin)

Honestly, Herlin not too fond be near her. Unlike Arc and Misha, she not feels close with her. Raina practically always silent, looked apatetic to everything except relating two people in front of her.

Raina not like any children she ever met. Herlin rarely saw her speak or expresses. Basically, Herlin little afraid of her cold behavior. But she also not hates her, as Raina didn’t show any disgust when she looks her white hair.

Raina is most difficult person Herlin wants to express in her encounter.

Then Herlin’s stumbled.

“Uwah!” (Herlin)

A small and slender hand caught her waist.

“T-Thanks…” (Herlin)

*Nod*…”  (Raina)

Raina nodded, then silently release her grip.

“Uh…” (Herlin)

Herlin want to say something, but her tongue tied when she saw Raina’s half blindfolded face.

“What happen?” (Arc)

“N-Nothing…” (Herlin)

Herlin gazing at Raina complicatedly. She cold expressionless, her action filled with inexplicably gentleness, however.

The small incident not noticed by anyone.

The trip run smoothly.

“What!” (Herlin)

Herlin looking the items on display. She couldn’t believe it, but those things looked better than the things in Vermiliones Atelier.

Since she Magist apprentice, Herlin can feel the mana inside those items, and felt the tremendous power inside them.

“Arc, look this!” (Misha)

“This?” (Arc)

Arc and Misha curiously looking an item on display. It’s a bracelet with particular decoration.

“…” (Herlin)

Herlin’s sight however drawn on different item. It’s a thing that displayed in the corner of the room.

It’s a doll. A cute grey bear doll precisely.

She intently stared at it, not noticing a presence behind her.

“…Do you like that?” (Arc)

“Hyu!” (Herlin)

Herlin surprised by Arc’s voice that suddenly sounded from behind.

“No…No…” (Herlin)

Herlin hurriedly deny him in fluster.

Watching it, Arc gently smiled. He glanced at Misha, at got a nod from her.

“Uncle Ares, how much is that?” (Arc)

“That.” Ares also smiled looking the doll Arc pointed. “Quite good eyes you have, Kid. It’s a magic doll for Magic Puppetry. A novel one is that. It’d take 35,000 Torn.”

Herlin’s eyes widened. Even she young, she already grasped the monetary common sense. 35,000 Torn is very expensive one. One could buy a small house with that money.

“…Quite a price, I comment. Is there no discount?” (Arc)

“That’s right.” (Misha)

Ares’s smile widened.

“No. The price I gave just now is already the discount. The original price was 80,000 Torn. I gave friendly discount as gratitude for your help last time.” (Ares)

“The doll over there is something we found in ruins. An artifact from past. There’s record about that doll, it’s made by a famous doll maker 800 ago, and used by a renowned Puppet Magist at same era. That thing somehow preserved until now. However, there’s no record about its actual function. All I could said, it’s very powerful Magic Doll.” (Ares)

The children, even some nobles drawn by Ares’s explanation about the doll’s history.

The story Ares told was amazing. To the point Misha almost buy the doll right there and then.

Arc wrinkled his brow in doubt.

“If it’s true, why sell it? Why it isn’t used or stored in your Symphonia Kingdom?” (Arc)

Ares’s smile dried at this question.

“While it’s an artifact, it still deteriorated by time. In past, it could use by anyone as long they have mana. Now, it’s only could be used by Puppet Magist.” (Ares)

“Is that truly a problem?” (Misha)

“The real problem was Puppet Magist very rare. In my life, I only know two people that use Puppetry magic. Even there’s no one in Symphonia Kingdom.”

“That rare!?” (Misha)

Arc and Misha glanced at Herlin.

Herlin’s mouth widened be told how scarce the existence of Puppet Magist.

“Returned to previous topic. While you couldn’t use that doll, it’s very durable. It’d resist fire, water, cut, stab, or acid. It’d be use as shield in case of emergency.” (Ares)

“…Do you promote a doll or weapon?” (Arc)

That comment ignored.

“Are you still interested to buy it?” (Ares)

““Buy!”” (Arc and Misha)

“Huh!?” (Herlin)

Herlin’s shock meter burst as she heard they buy the doll.

“Thank for your patronage.” (Ares)

Arc and Misha ignored Herlin and quickly paid the doll.

As soon they received the doll, Misha sent it to Herlin.

“Here the doll, Herlin.” (Misha)

Herlin speechless, not reacting for a while.

“……Why?” (Herlin)

“Just a small gift from us. Beside aren’t you a Puppet Magist Apprentice? You could use that doll. We also curious what can you do with it.” (Misha)

“Just regard it as our friendship token.” (Arc)

“……Uh.” (Herlin)

Herlin nodded, accepted the gift from them.

Her smile blossomed as she hugging the doll.

 

*****

***

*

 

Afterwards, Arc and Misha also bought a set of maid uniform from the store for Raina, who was little envious with Herlin’s gift.

It’s mystery why they also sell a maid uniform.

They also bought several magic items, but that for another story.

 

 

 

If you like my story, please consider to support me and read the ahead chapters

p atreon.com/oiltumpah

1