Chapter 39 – Misha’s Job
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Misha.” (Saffron)

“Yes, father.” (Misha)

“Do you know why I called you here?” (Saffron)

“………Because I destroyed my room again?” (Misha)

With messy appearance, Misha confessed her guilt. There’s bit smoke still freshly emitted out her body. Just while ago, Misha gotten into a little accident after playing with her newly bought magic items.

Duke Saffron’s lips twitched looking at her daughter’s current messy appearance.

“……That’s also…” (Saffron)

A heavy silent stayed for a while. If someone pay attention, Duke Saffron’s body also slightly dusted. Never Duke Saffron imagined he’d blown when he visited her daughter’s room.

“However, I called you because of different matter. I want you to resume your job for some of my friends, tomorrow morning.” (Saffron)

“Really? Ah, no, leave it to me, father!” (Misha)

Knowing she won’t got reprimand from her father tonight, Misha’s voice sounded excited.

“…” (Saffron)

Duke Saffron could easily guess what was Misha thinking.

“We’ll talk about your room destruction another time.” (Saffron)

“Ugh!” (Misha)

Misha really hoping her father would forget that by tomorrow.

 

*****

***

*

 

Next day.

In front of Everyne mansion gate, Elisabeth bowing her head to Robert.

“Thanks for taking care Herlin, Robert.” (Elisabeth)

“Don’t thank me. I never have chance to take care her. Your little apprentice always beside Young Miss.” (Robert)

“Is that so?” (Elisabeth)

A little distance from them.

“I’ll leave…” (Herlin)

Herlin said in hushed voice.

This morning, as she already finished her problem, Elisabeth come to pick Herlin. Now Herlin have to part with Arc and Misha.

“Take care yourself, Herlin.” (Misha)

“Don’t worry, we’ll visit your place.” (Arc)

Misha her a little hug. Arc pat her head.

Behind those two.

“Take care.” (Raina)

Herlin slightly taken aback by Raina. This the first time she heard Raina speak to her. Her words brief, but there warm in it.

“…Thanks…” (Herlin)

Herlin’s smile blossomed by their feeling.

Then, Herlin leave to Elisabeth side with reluctant feeling.

Seeing the expression of her disciple, Elisabeth smiles wryly.

“Young Miss, thanks you for taking care my little disciple.” (Elisabeth)

“Don’t worry. It’s normal to take care friend.” (Misha)

Elisabeth and Herlin leave, back to Vermilioness Atelier. Herlin waving her hand as she strode over.

Arc and Misha waving back as reply.

After Herlin and Elisabeth’s figures vanished, Arc turned to Robert.

“By the way, Uncle Jug…” (Arc)

“What is it, Little Arc?” (Robert)

“I have wondering this, but how could no one questioning Herlin stay in mansion?” (Arc)

“You noticed?” (Robert)

Arc nodded.

“Even Herlin is our friend, no way she could casually staying in Everyne mansion without proper reason.” (Arc)

“You’re right. It actually because Elisabeth. Since that little girl is her apprentice, Lord Saffron let her stayed to sell Elisabeth a favor.” (Robert)

“Who actually Auntie Eli, Uncle Jug?” (Misha)

Misha who overheard the conversation joined in.

“Are still not know? Elisabeth is a powerful Fourth Rank Magist. How could you still ignorant when you be friends with her disciple?” (Robert)

““What!?””

 

*****

***

*

 

“Be careful on the way.” (Reina)

“Don’t make trouble, Misha!” (Charlotte)

“Later, mother Reina, mother Charlotte!” (Misha)

Reina and Charlotte see Misha’s group off in carriage.

A little late after morning, Misha accompanied by Arc and Raina went to the noble house that Duke Saffron told last night.

“We’re here.” (Arc)

Arc said as they arrived in front of the gate.

“Halt!”

One of guards stop their carriage.

“Who are you and why you are here!?”

Arc step off the carriage and came forward, show the guard Everyne Emblem.

“We’re from Everyne, coming here as per your master requested!” (Arc)

“!!” The guard spotted the dazzling emblem. “I’m understand. We’ve waiting for your arrival, Little Saint. Open the gate!”

Misha nodded to the guard, giving her courtesy.

As went step in, they greeted with the sight of magnificent mansion. Not as good as Everyne’s, but still better than most buildings.

The reason Misha and others come to this place because of Misha’s profession as Healer Magist.

Because Misha’s healing ability, there many demands for her presence. Moreover, when Healing Magist very scarce to begin with.

Furthermore, because the last incident. There too many wounded people come from nobles, making her presence more demanding. Misha haven’t taken any request until now since Duke Saffron banned her. Misha not knew the reason, but she heard there’s considerably big move behind the curtains.

They took off the carriage, went to mansion.

In front of doorstep, a butler standing.

“Greeting, Little Saint. My lord haves waiting inside.”

“Alright. Let’s move in.” (Misha)

The butler escorted them, and show the way in.

“My lord, your guest here.”

Inside, a chubby middle-aged man sitting on luxury chair impatiently. Upon sight Misha, he stood up and his face change to delight.

“Everyne Little Miss, you are here!”

The man run to Misha with delightful face, as though he was met with his long-lost lover. If Arc didn’t stand between Misha and him, the chubby man may came hug her.

“Hold there, Baron Vilitte.” (Misha)

“It’s pleasure Little Saint remember this lowly servant’s name.” (Baron Vilitte)

“Yeah, I remember your visit in house last year and stop belittle yourself. Also, please stop calling Little Saint.” (Misha)

“Understood. Is there anything you need?” (Baron Vilitte)

“Please show me the patient.” (Misha)

“Oh, yes, yes! Over here!” (Baron Vilitte)

Baron Vilitte escorting the children to second floor. Upon arriving in front of a room, he turned around.

“Little Miss, could your servant wait outside?” (Baron Vilitte)

Misha squinting her eyes.

“No… You should know my requirement for my service, aren’t you? They not just my escort, they also my guards for my safety. So, is there problem they go in with me?” (Misha)

“No, no, there’s won’t be problem. They could enter with you.” (Baron Vilitte)

Baron Vilitte said, wiping off the beads of cold sweat of his forehead. When he questioned her servant, a sense intimidation struck him. His eyes widened, not believing a little girl like her can have such heavy presence.

“Then let’s in.” (Misha)

On the bed, a young man that have similar appearance with Baron Vilitte laying weakly.

His body covered by bloodied bandage. Small portion of his body scalded.

There no change on Misha’s face as she watching him. She already got used with the sight since she often saw this kind picture in her past and present life.

“I’ll check him.” (Misha)

She stood beside the bed. Arc and Raina silently following her, not intend to disturb her.

“What happened to him?” (Misha)

“He was the victim in that night raid. At that time, he was close to Opera House and caught in the explosion.” (Baron Vilitte)

Seem his word true since there’s scalds on the young man body.

“……Just that?” (Misha)

Misha asked, as most of wound the young man suffered seemed unrelated with explosion.

“My son very unlucky. Not just caught in explosion, he also buried under debris in aftermath.” (Baron Vilitte)

“……Your son still lucky could survive…” (Misha)

Baron Vilitte smile wryly hearing her honest comment.

Just like Misha said, Baron Vilitte’s son very lucky as he just an ordinary human. It’s very difficult for ordinary human to survive after buried alive.

“I finished checking him. I’ll heal your son now, Baron Vilitte.” (Misha)

“Oh, thank you, thank you, Little Saint. My son is my sole heir. I’ll very indebted to your house if you could safe my son.”

“Just discuss something like debt to my father. My duty here to heal your son. Could you please step back a little so I can concentrate?” (Misha)

“O sure, sure.” (Baron Vilitte)

After Baron Vilitte drove back, Misha started to cast her magic.

“Let heal him.” (Misha)

[Heal]

 

*****

***

*

 

“This the last house.” (Arc)

“Finally.” (Misha)

“…” (Raina)

“Are you okay?” (Arc)

“Fine?” (Raina)

“I’m fine. Just little tired. Really, they very persistent.” (Misha)

After finished heal Baron Vilitte, Misha and others go around visiting nobles’ house to heal people. The children wearied down, especially Misha, as she the one doing the job. Some nobles house shrewd enough to brought up engagement talk to her, even though they have been prohibited, after she healed the patient. Wearying Misha down even more.

“I won’t leave room for some time after this.” (Misha)

“You won’t? Are you sure even after we planned to visit Herlin tomorrow?” (Arc)

Arc said, lowering the note he held.

“…” (Misha)

Misha clammed up. She glanced at the note Arc holding. It’s list of nobles that broke their promise.

Seems like many nobles would get trouble with her father because of that note.

“Alright, let’s finish this.” (Misha)

“Okay.” (Arc)

“Yes.” (Raina)

When they approaching the gate, a pair of guards appear before them.

“Halt!”

“Who are you and why you come in Tinker estate!?”

The guards stopped them and said their standard warning.

Misha wondering if they couldn’t be more creative with their words. She always heard these standard words whenever they stopped in front of gate.

“As requested, Little Saint has come here to solve your problem.” (Arc)

He showed the emblem.

Misha glanced at Arc.

There’s one with creativity beside her at least.

Misha wondering how Arc could come up with different words in every of their visit.

The guards then brought them in. When they inside, they met with their last requester today.

Grill Tinker, the head of Tinker Marquis House.

“Glad to meet you, Little Saint.” (Grill)

“It’s also my pleasure to see my father former superior, Marquis Tinker.” (Misha)

“Oh, you knew?” (Grill)

“Yes, my father already told me about you being his former superior.” (Misha)

Before Misha went, she read the information of patients. Among all patients today, only Marquis Tinker that have very detailed information. There’s she found Marquis relationship with her father. She asked about it and Duke Saffron easily confirmed their relation.

However, Marquis next word surprise her a bit.

“Not that. I mean, you not remember me?” (Grill)

“?” (Misha)

Eh, am I wrong?

Based of Marquis Tinker, she and him have met before. Misha couldn’t remember, however.

“Seems so.” (Grill)

Grill Tinker smile wryly, realizing Misha really not remember him.

“Are you not remember the old general you heal two years ago?” (Grill)

“Two years ago?” (Misha)

Misha trying to remember.

There massive event happen two years ago that somehow dragged Misha in because her healing ability.

When she heard old general, the only think she could remember was a fierce old-man. His portrait remained in Misha memory since he was most severed wounded patient she has. Until now, she still can’t believe there someone could survive with that kind wound.

Misha then noticed it.

“Wait, you are that old general!? You looked very different from I could remember!” (Misha)

Misha not connecting them as same person because difference aura he has. The current gentle grandpa before her really different than the fierce old-man back then. It seemed he mellowed down after two years.

“Ga-ha-ha-ha! It that so, I’s already different from me back then. It seemed I already old.” (Grill)

“No, no, I didn’t mean that.” (Misha)

“Don’t worry, Little Saint. I won’t get angry since it’s truth. You could call me Old Grill like your father did.” (Grill)

“…Isn’t that inappropriate to call the head of marquis house like that?” (Misha)

This grandpa really easy going.

“Not a problem since it’s myself that allowing you. Moreover, I wouldn’t be a head in next month.” (Grill)

“Why?” (Misha)

“I’ll pass down my position to my son.” (Grill)

“Oh…” (Misha)

Maybe this the reason he calling himself old. The old Grill about retire from his long duty.

Misha didn’t comment his retirement since she felt it would become long talk if she brought that up.

Although it’s comfortable talking with such gentle grandpa, Misha truly tired right after long trip. She wants to quickly lay on bed, and get comfortable rest.

Misha coughed, return the conversation to original intention.

*Cough*

“By the way, where the patient?” (Misha)

“Here, in front of you.” (Grill)

“…What?” (Misha)

Misha stalled for a moment. She looks ahead. Except Grill Tinker and healthy servants that standing behind him, no one that look like patient.

“Where?” (Misha)

Misha don’t know why, but for some reason the servants showed a troubled look.

Why?

“It’s me, Little Saint. I’m the patient.” (Grill)

Misha blinked.

“Sorry, but I want to confirm it. Sir Grill, are you the patient?” (Misha)

“That’s right.” (Grill)

“…You look healthy to me.” (Misha)

“Ga-ha-ha-ha! That because the wound hidden under my clothes.” (Grill)

Misha rushed to Grill, placed her small hands on his body. After scanned Marquis Grill’s body with mana, Misha saw through his current condition. Misha can only say his state is grievous.

“Why you still moving this in this state!?” (Misha)

“This is nothing as long I have my guts!” (Grill)

Grill said proudly.

“Old man, that’s not I mean! You should rest on bed immediately! Where your room!?” (Misha)

“Uh, oh, could you just heal me here?” (Grill)

“NO!” (Misha)

Misha yelled out.

Now she understood the reason servants’ troubled look. That was because this troublesome old-man.

“This not kind injure that would healed just with my magic. You also need proper rest at least three days before fully restored.” (Misha)

“Is that so?” (Grill)

“Don’t give that! This wound could heal in one day if you took proper rest before this! Hurry up go your room!” (Misha)

“Right, right.” (Grill)

“You over there! Why just watching!? Help me brought this old man back to his room now!” (Misha)

Without she realizing, Misha dropped all her politeness to deal with Old Grill.

“Wait, Little Saint. Why you acting like my old wife?” (Grill)

Sadly, Misha didn’t hear his comment or she would be calmed.

“Move!” (Misha)

On the sideline, Arc watching the scene with weird expression.

He couldn’t express his feeling seeing an old man being ordered around by a little girl. And Misha somehow took over another noble house command.

And then, the last visit ended with Misha angry yell resounding in Tinker mansion for half of hour.

 

 

 

If you like my story, please consider to support me and read the ahead chapters

p atreon.com/oiltumpah

1