Prologue – Second
249 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The world gray and dull.

That how the young man who lay weakly on bed perceived the world.

The man has a weak and sick body, unable him moving from bed and life like any normal person.

Now, he was alone in predicament, as the people on his side ran frightenedly, abandoned him to his fate.

The man glancing at blazing crimson that slowly devouring his dull world.

“… Is it the end…?”

Ask the man dully, as if not caring with the fact his life about swallowed by the blazing crimson.

“… At last, … I’m free…”

The young man sighing, not out of despair but out of relief.

Thinking he was about be relieved from the dull and boring world.

……Though, he might deceive himself.

He always regretting can’t have strong and healthy body, regret can’t life normally, regret can’t enjoy his dream.

He tightly embracing the fantasy story book in his arms, as he let out tears.

At the last, his vision engulfed by raging flames.

 

*****

***

*

 

Sun rising, illuminated the mother land.

Birds chirping merrily to welcome the day.

A blond-haired little girl welcoming the morning in her way.

*Yawn*

“Uuhhh… it’s morning…” (Misha)

Today’s fine.

As she watching the clear horizon brightened by sunrise from her window, Misha stretched her body.

That have been Misha routine at every morning. By the time she noticed, it’s became a habit.

*Huaaa*

“…… As usual… so refreshing…” Murmur Misha.

The morning breeze always felt refreshing. Every morning, when she woke, Misha would inhale morning breeze, freshen her dreamy mind.

While Misha enjoying her morning, a small familiar figure entering in her view.

“… As usual…” Murmur Misha once again with slight smile formed on her face.

Beside taking morning breeze, Misha haves another routine at the morning.

As Misha’s room located at second floor, she could clearly watch the rising sunrise scene and… his morning routine from her room.

Misha watching that little figure.

Right now, the little person – Arc – taking a small jog around home.

Saw his figure made Misha remember some reminiscent of the past.

The first time they meet, he was in very miserable state. Their meet quite predestined, if they encounter normally, they’d passed, treating each other as passerby. However, they meeting brought by some twist of fate, eventually ended with Misha brought Arc to home.

After he’s brought in, there’s so much things given to him to learn. Arc took it diligently and managed to did his best without wasted a single day until now.

This morning jog is just one of them.

From Misha knowledge, that isn’t easy a thing to do for a child, as she known her home isn’t a small, but wide and big like castle.

The one given the lesson reasoned, it was necessary for him to build his stamina and foundation.

Most of his lesson is that kind type, as Misha’s parent planned to raise Arc as her body guard.

Watching Arc diligent and serious performance, made Misha think she can’t be lazy or worse than him.

Apparently, Arc realized Misha watching, as he waving his hand toward her before resume running.

Misha wave back in reply.

Satisfied, she went in to the room.

“Now, go to work!” Misha inspired herself, takes her step to new day.

 

*****

***

*

 

1987 year of Morse calendar.

Today was Misha’s another daily.

She in study, listening the lesson.

“…… and that’s how the Everyn family managed obtain their current prestige as Duke rank.” Said an intellectual looking woman.

Currently, Misha listening the Everyne family history.

As usual, Misha drowning over with whatever lesson that thrown at her in boredom. The lesson given to her generally a boring and old-fashioned lesson or thing she deemed useless. Misha expecting some exciting lesson by this time, magic lesson for example.

Why’d learn if it’s useless?

That because it’s precept of her family – the Everyne noble house

Misha true name is Misha Everyne, a member of Everyne family.

Mrs. Steph, the intellectual looking teacher before her had said the thing she deemed useless is actually important to life as a noble. Because of that, she couldn’t reject useless lesson that stuffed to her.

*Pack*

A book slammed on her table as Misha drowsing over.

“It’s seemed you didn’t pay attention to my class again, Young Miss.” Grumbling Mrs. Steph.

Suddenly, whenever sleepiness Misha felt before dissipated.

“What are you saying teacher? Of courses I’m paying attention your class.” Misha said feigning innocent, looking Mrs. Steph with slight fear on her face.

While Mrs. Steph lesson so boring, she’d feel asleep just hearing for ling, her nagging akin torture to ears. Mrs. Steph would nag whenever she found Misha doesn’t listen her and Misha already grew tired with that.

“Oh, you’re paying? Then, can you recite what I’m taught just now.”

“Ok… At 1593 Morse years, the Everyne’s ancestor – “

Misha perfectly reciting Mrs. Steph lesson as per order.

Well, in fact, it’s too easy to recited. Mrs. Steph fond to repeat her lesson twice if not trice in month, another reason Misha felt the lesson boring. If Misha can’t remember after hearing that so many times, then she’s an idiot.

Mrs. Steph who listening wore satisfied face as though it’s her achievement.

“Good, you remember it perfectly.”

“…Thank.”

Misha wearily replied.

“…Teacher, why I’m learn all of this useless stuff?” Ask Misha.

After learning for so long, Misha couldn’t help but to wondering why she’d learn this given her true status.

There’s reason why would Misha deemed the lesson useless to her.

Mrs. Steph who heard Misha question gleaming sharply.

“… What are you saying, Young Miss? You are a noble daughter despite being born from concubine. It’s perfectly must to learn for your future. Young Miss better never ask this kind question again.” Rebuke Mrs. Steph.

“…Okay.”

Misha just can nod to Mrs. Steps word.

*Sigh*

Misha felt can’t agreeing with her words. Although being a noble child, Misha has low standing in her family. Misha isn’t even actually concubine child, but an illegitimate one. If Misha born boy, she wouldn’t inherit Everyne name, fortunately she isn’t.

Even so, that might an unfortune in certain meaning, as Misha might married off to an unknown nobleman when she reached adulthood. Misha very reluctant even contempt to that prospective due her circumstance. Misha might as well throw her title and went off as an adventure.

Well, that wouldn’t happen. Misha fortune enough to born in Everyne family. This family is good and kind, different from typical noble family. She smiles recalling her family conduct that couldn’t thought of coming from aristocrat.

But Misha can’t fully trust that, as future always uncertain.

“––Young Miss.”

Mrs. Steph’s stern voice woke her from thought.

“Yes!”

*Sigh* Did you hear me? Rather than having useless thought, you better take my lesson seriously like your servant over there.” Mrs. Steph pointed to a certain boy that sitting beside Misha.

The boy that pointed by Mrs. Steph was Arc. He’s scribbling something on his notebook.

Apparently, Arc didn’t hear their discussion as he rather focusing on his note. Arc stopped his hand as he heard his name mentioned in their discussion.

“What?” Arc tilted his head, sensing the gazes that directed at him.

“No, nothing.”

“Oh, okay.” Arc resuming his writing.

Can you help me at least!

Screaming Misha inwardly.

Arc’s her personal servant. He’s an orphan Misha brought over to home.

Normally, Misha standing wouldn’t let her to have personal servant, but Arc was exception due various circumstance.

Arc looked same age as Misha, and her family for some reason made weird arrangement for the two of them. After Arc became her servant, they almost inseparable, and rarely did they apart from each other.

From wake up in the morning to sleep in the night they both rarely been apart.

None of people near them voiced that concern. Misha thought that might a normal thing for them since they’re just children.

Arc also accompany her to study. Since he’s her servant, Misha thought it would be good for him to have knowledge.

Mrs. Steph grumbled at beginning when Misha brought Arc in, but change in few days as Arc took her lesson more seriously than his master. Occasionally, Mrs. Steph sighed at Misha and comparing her with Arc. Misha felt little regret to brought Arc to her study.

“…Why you didn’t get caught?” Murmur Misha.

Misha felt wronged being reprimand alone, caused she noticing Arc too didn’t pay attention. When Misha glanced at his note, she realized Arc isn’t scribing the lesson but some sort magic rune and tale of old legend.

Just quickly end the lesson, please.

Misha already felt no longer need to learn Mrs. Steph lesson as Misha memorized all her materials.

Despite being children, Misha and Arc were quite learners.

Misha desiring learn magic further, but there isn’t anyone who can taught her. Then, with Arc assistance, they self-studying magic in their room, almost every night.

Their study known by her family as she used her magic to help them.

Misha who can use magic before adulthood and fast learning deemed as prodigy child.

Misha inwardly rejected the notion as a genius, as she known she actually a fake.

There’s a reason as to why she could fast learning. That was her secret for life.

Misha actually a reincanator and a transgender.

She is a person who once died and reborn in this world with her past memory, while got her gender changed in process.

 

4