Chapter 3 – An Important Day
122 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hours have passed and dinner have come.

While in her room, Misha and Arianne mostly talking about her recent Magic study before went to dining room together.

When they arrived, they saw many people have been gathered in dinning.

It seemed they’re the last coming. All other member of Everyne family beside they both already sitting under the long table.

Misha’s gaze then landed on a man in the main seat.

Saffron Ird Everyne, the current head of Everyne family, father of Misha and Arianne. Their blond hair and blue eyes originated from him. Saffron possess great demeanor and young outward in spate of his forties.

Misha feels the slight intimidation from him even though he just sitting still on his seat.

“He’s truly a head of great family.” (Misha)

Misha murmured after observing her father for a while.

“Misha, Arianne, come sit here.”

Called by a young woman, she gesturing them sit on empty seats beside her.

Misha And Arianne took the empty seats and sat.

“Hmm? Isn’t the amount of food too much?” (Misha)

Misha noticed the dinner more lavish than usual. Like there will be a celebration.

Looking around, the atmosphere on table very harmony. Except her father, all of her family having a peaceful conversation among them.

Misha glanced at her father once again. Duke Saffron watching his family with meaningful smile on his face. Appeared relaxed, like have a great burden lifted from his shoulder.

Saffron noticed Misha’s stare as he looked back at her. Their gazes meeting for a moment before shifted back to table.

Her family view truly different from what Misha imagined of how nobles table were.

Misha watched the films in her previous life about noble life. In the film, it showed what’ll happen when noble family gathered in dining room. The air would turn stiff and awkward, each of family member would throw hostile looks to other even though they’re family. Misha relieved her family isn’t anything like that.

The Everyne family composition of a family head, a wife, two mistresses, four sons, and two daughters, including Misha.

As a former man, Misha both envying and respecting her father for his harmonistic harem relationship, as Misha known how unique to have that kind relation. Often Misha seen in film or read in book how chaotic to maintain that kind relation. Duke Saffron truly a blessed man.

As Misha observing the happy family before her, she can’t help but remembering her deceased mother from current life.

Misha… sorry… I couldn’t go… more…

Mother, no, stay with me!

Misha sadly downcast her gaze knowing she isn’t together with them. Misha’s mother from this world had been long dead, and she someone that very dear to her.

“Are you okay?” (Arianne)

“What’s happened, Misha?”

Asked by the woman beside Arianne. Looking the sad Misha worried them.

“I’m fine, Sis Ari, Mother Reina.” (Misha)

“You could say your piece of mind if there’s something bothering you. Your gloomy looks worried me here.” (Reina)

“Thanks, but I’m really fine.” (Misha)

Reina watched worriedly at her, but didn’t continue to asking as Misha said her mind.

Reina is Arianne’s mother and Misha’s stepmother. She the one being responsible for Misha upbringing since she brought in house. Because of that, Misha having close relation with her and her daughter.

“Where your servant?” (Reina)

Reina looking around, not seeing the figure that always with Misha.

“Arc? I don’t know where he is.” (Misha)

“That would be troubling. His presence rather important for our gathering now.” (Reina)

“Is there something matter with that servant?” (Arianne)

Arianne asked, haven’t been informed with Arc recent news apparently.

“We just received another genius.”  (Reina)

Mother Reina replied mysteriously.

Arianne cocked her head by her mother answer, she stared at Misha, expecting for answer.

“You will know.” (Misha)

That’s all Misha said.

Arianne dejected by their answers, decided to wait and see their surprise.

“Excuse me.” (Arc)

Speaking of devil, Arc finally come in dining room.

The sound in the room stopped, as Everyne family silently gazing at the young servant.

“Uh…?” (Arc)

Arc taken aback, perplexed by the attention he received. He wondered just what he had done to roused their reaction like this, as he felt rather awkward being seen like this.

Take a breath, Arc steadying his posture and greets to people inside.

“Greeting my lord, servant Arc have come.” (Arc)

“…Good.” (Saffron)

Duke Saffron nodded in approval at Arc’s calm and firm performance.

The people in dining room staring at Arc with calm attitude, expect for one person.

Arianne who sees Arc intently from beginning, stood from seat as she noticed Arc’s change.

“What!? That aura. Misha, don’t tell me your servant became a Warrior!” (Arianne)

“You noticed. That’s right. Arc already a First Rank Warrior.” (Misha)

“Wha!?”

The realization thundered Arianne’s mind. She looks around the table, saw her family watching Arc with dumbed looks, showed they have similar thought as her. However, unlike Arianne, they reacting calmer as they already know with Arc’s breakthrough.

“Brother Emer, you know it?” (Arianne)

Arianne addressing to young man that sit in opposite side.

“You know quite late. The people in house already knew since noon, you know.” Emer replied.

“Huh?” (Arianne)

Arianne shifted her stare to her father. Her gaze looked as if she blaming him not telling her beforehand.

“Hmm? I thought you known.” (Saffron)

“Uh…” (Arianne)

Her eyes landed on Misha.

“You didn’t ask.” (Misha)

Answered by Misha innocently, disregarding the fact Arianne has asked her before Arc came.

“Fu-fu-fu, what are you agitated for, Ari? Isn’t it good occasion there was young talent rise from our house?” (Reina)

“Yeah, that’s right.” (Misha)

Misha nodded, agreeing with Reina statement.

“Can’t I? Just look of how young him is. He younger than me when I awakened. I was thirteenth and known as genius, but what is him? How could your servant so talented, Misha?” (Arianne)

“Arianne, calm down. So, what if he is talented? Just look the person that sat beside you. Are you forgetting she even more defiant than her servant?” (Reina)

“That’s ri– Mother Reina!” (Misha)

Misha protested Reina remark.

Reina’s word unexpectedly worked. Arianne fell silent, staring hard at her little sister, then chuckled.

“You right, Mom. How could I forget that? That’s right, he still nothing compared to my little sister.” (Arianne)

“Sis Ari…” (Misha)

Misha wore complicated face, doesn’t know how to accept Arianne’s half praise half teasing words. She sulked by the course of conversation.

Without she noticed, Arc has standing behind her, wore an awkward expression. He realized it’s because the matter his breakthrough that causing Everyne family reacted like that.

“Everyone.” (Saffron)

Duke Saffron spoke. His voice was soft yet still managed to gather all attention to him.

“Tonight, there’re two things I want to notify to you all.”

Duke Saffron gazing around his family, and landed on Misha at last.

“Hmm?” (Misha)

“First, I announce, tonight, in 5th Merkutrith 1987 Morse, will marked as Misha Everyne tenth birthday.” (Saffron)

After the announcement, all people clapping their hands, congratulating Misha’s birthday.

“Happy birthday, Misha.”

“Happy birthday, Child.”

“Happy birthday, Young Miss.”

Arianne, Mother Reina, the other family members, and Everyne servant congratulating her.

Misha surprised, not expecting this happening.

She truly forgotten her birthday.

In this world, there’s custom to celebrate birthday at age of tenth and fifteenth. Misha would miss her tenth birthday if her family didn’t celebrate it.

Now she realized why the dinner today looked so lavish. They were served to celebrating her birthday. Unnoticedly, her eyes moistened.

“Thank you.” (Misha)

Misha said her gratitude, touched by their kindness.

Arianne, Reina, Emer, and the other sibling and wives, one by one gave her their best regard and gift.

Arc, who standing behind her, busy with organizing the gifts.

Duke Saffron didn’t continue to speak until the excitement died down.

“I’ll announce now the second thing. Today, we have another genius risen from our house. Arc, Misha’s personal servant, had awakened as Warrior in his tenth.”

As Duke Saffron spoken, people’s gazes fell on Arc.

This time, they fell silent as they truly don’t know how to respond this announcement.

Unlike Misha, Arc isn’t Everyne family main member. It’s hard for them to openly congratulate him for his achievement.

At same time, Misha’s family very surprised with the rise of another genius. Misha talent was already shocking for them. They never expected the servant she randomly picked up would be another genius like her, albeit slightly inferior.

“Misha, congratulation for your servant.” (Saffron)

“Congratulation…”

“Congratulation…”

They decided to congratulate Misha in his stead to break the awkward silent.  

This time, Misha faced with difficult expression. She isn’t particularly comfortable with took over Arc’s achievement. Misha couldn’t help but send a glance to Arc.

Arc glanced back, smiled. He shook his head, indicating her he doesn’t mind.

Misha smiled back, wordlessly send her apologizes to him.

However, Duke Saffron seemed isn’t content with the flow.

“Arc.” (Saffron)

“!!” Arc startled “Yes!” He not expected Duke Saffron would calling him.

“As appreciation for your hard work and talent, is there something you want?” (Saffron)

Being asked by him made Arc paused for moment before giving his firm answer. He knew what he wanted.

“Thanks, Lord Saffron. There’s nothing I need as I satisfied with my current situation. If nothing, I just wanted to continued serving under Young Lady.” (Arc)

Duke Saffron wide-eyeing Arc, seemingly taken aback. Apparently, isn’t expecting such firm respond.

Nodded, Duke Saffron turned at Misha.

“…Hmm. Misha, do you have something to say in return?” (Saffron)

“Eh!?” (Misha)

Misha gave similar response like Arc as people’s gaze directed at her.

Misha steadying herself and stand up. She facing Arc, presenting an elegant mannerism to him.

“Your devotion, I appreciate it. Arc, I expecting you to always serving and protecting me at my side.” (Misha)

Misha said as she elegantly bowed, then sit back.

The family speechless by their performance, they both seemly majestic as they presented their allegiance to each other.

Duke Saffron coughed, returning people attention to him.

“The announcement finished. Let’s toast our glass and begin the party.” (Saffron)

With his word, the people around table no longer held back and begin to dig with the foods.

Misha staring at Arc.

“Hahaha, sorry. It seems, I stolen your achievement.” (Misha)

“It’s okay. As long it’s Young Lady, I’m fine with that.” (Arc)

Misha smiled wryly at his reply.

“No. That’s no good at all.” (Misha)

Her gaze swept to food, then Arc.

“I know! Here. Arc, just take this food as my apology.” (Misha)

“Is it okay?” (Arc)

“Of course, it’s oK–Uwaahh!” (Misha)

“Young Lady–Bugh!” (Arc)

When Misha attempted give the food to Arc, her leg tripped on chair. Misha accidentally slapped Arc’s face with the dish that still in her hand when he trying to help her.

“Arc, are you okay!? Let me help yo–Uwaahh!” (Misha)

“Ugh!” (Arc)

Misha tried to help him. But this time, she stumbled over nothing and crashed at Arc. They both fell on floor, stacking on each other.

“Ugh.” (Arc)

“Uuh…” (Misha)

The people stopped, amazed with the tragedy before them.

However, no one that come helping them. Their reaction quite weird despite the accident of two stars party.

Well, it’s can’t be helped. Everyne family and the servants already familiar with this sight, as it happens quite often.

Misha have been known as unlucky girl. And Arc, her servant, always accompanying her in her unluckiness.

No one tried to help, fearing an accident would befall on them if they trying close to them now.

The party continued, totally ignoring Arc and Misha’s accident.

3