Chapter 5 – Leisure Walk
80 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“…My name…Arc…”

“…Nice to meet you, Arc. I’m Misha.”

 

Two years passed since that day.

Arc recalled his fateful encounter with Misha.

Two children who isn’t supposed to meet, in that kind place and time, as Arc and Misha’s origin and background won’t allowing them if they live normally.

But fate is mischievous mistress, caused by an event that dragged Arc and Misha in, granted them chance for meet.

Arc grateful for that.

If they met normally, they may just pass each other, treating the other as a mere passerby. Yet here they are. Their circumstance at time made them to supporting each other upon their first meeting. Ended up with Arc following Misha.

Since that time, Arc granted with a new home, new life, and new beginning.

Looking back at that fateful memory, Arc felt his mouth smiling as he accompanying Misha on walk.

 

*****

***

*

 

Today is great.

Misha suddenly haves an urgent to take a walk outside.

She went to town, dragging Arc along in her arm.

Currently, both of them striding among the crowd in marketplace.

Misha curiously looking around, browsing the nearby stands wares without any particular feeling.

Sometimes, she bought the thing that caught her interest or looked unique.

Arc’s arm and bag were full with her purchases. The weight of the burden dragging him down.

“Do you still intend to buy more?” (Arc)

“Don’t know, see if there something interesting.” (Misha)

Misha’s eyes turned around, then instantly widened.

“That…” (Misha)

“What do you see?” (Arc)

“Arc, let’s go there.” (Misha)

Arc and Misha went to the carriage that she spotted.

The carriage looked flashy and different from other carriages, making it stand out in marketplace.

Arc glanced at the goods, found they somewhat familiar. Arc wondering where he’s seen them, and finally recalled his Hookshot.

“Ah?” (Arc)

“Hm?” (Misha)

“Greeting Young Lady, may I help you?”

A slightly chubby middle-age man showed up, greeted Misha’s presence.

His attitude like watching an old friend.

“You know me?” (Misha)

Arc thought too. People pretty much wouldn’t recognized them as they disguised with cheap looking clothes.

“Of course, Young Lady. I’m a merchant. It’s my livelihood to know everything in my place, and know the lord’s family.”

The merchant said with business smile on his face.

“You truly recognized me.” (Misha)

Misha nodded at merchant explanation, isn’t particularly care actually. Misha disguised just because she doesn’t want to stand out. Her disguise pretty much half-hearted.

“What is this?” (Misha)

Misha pointed at the merchant’s wares. That things caught her interest as they identical with items in her previous life.

“These are guns, the weapons originated from Dwarf Country in the North of Continent.”

“……Gun, huh” (Misha)

So, they really gun like she thought.

Misha blanky stared at the gun, inspecting every inch of its.

Arc looking the wares in interest as their shape similar with his Hookshot, and noticed something in merchant’s word.

“From North Continent? How you brought weapon from that far land?” (Arc)

Everyne City located in Southwest Continent. There’s no way for a small merchant like him can or desire to travel that far.

Arc also doesn’t feel the merchant was lying, so he curiously asked.

“I didn’t take these from there, of course. I received them from my friend and brought here as antique.”

“You were said they’re weapon. How they’re work exactly?” (Arc)

“They’ll shoot bullet if you pull the trigger, Arc.” (Misha)

Unexpectedly, Misha that answered Arc’s question.

“Oh, did you know, Young Lady?”

“……I happen read from book.” (Misha)

“Oh, so Everyne lord have information about north, huh.”

The middle-age merchant convinced by the answer.

Arc tilted his head. Misha lying. He can sense it.

“How much this?” (Misha)

“Two small gold coins if Young Lady interested.”

““That’s expensive!””

Arc and Misha shouted at the gun high-priced.

As matter stand, let explain the world monetary.

This world used a currency called Torn.

The form of money is precious metal coins and plates. The more precious and size of the metal is, the higher its value in Torn.

1 small copper coin = 1 Torn

1 big copper coin     = 10 Torn

1 copper plate          = 50 Torn

1 small silver coin    = 100 Torn

1 big silver coin        = 1,000 Torn

1 silver plate             = 5,000 Torn

1 small gold coin      = 10,000 Torn

1 big gold coin          = 20,000 Torn

1 gold plate               = 50,000 Torn

Chopper, silver, and gold are most common and valued metal that used as currency. Arc heard there’s also mithril and orichalcum that have higher value, but he never encounters them.

The value of cheap bread is 2 Torn, a simple cheap meal is 10 Torn, a night stay in cheap inn is 60 Torn, and the lowest of a commoner family monthly expense is 300 Torn.

For the gun priced 2 small gold coins which 20,000 Torn is expensive even with lord standard riches. Not like Arc and Misha couldn’t afford.

Arc now understood why the gun dusted in place. There’s no buyer can affords to pay. Even there is, they wouldn’t waste their money for something they didn’t know.

“Isn’t that too expensive?” (Misha)

“Young Lady, this already cheap. My initial price is 50,000 Torn. I accidentally have them in my hand after many twists and turn event.”

“Still! That’s price too weird!” (Misha)

Misha shrilled.

Arc too shocked by the price. A gold plate enough to build a good house for commoner.

“Forget it, I can’t afford. Sorry for disturbing, Sir.” (Misha)

“No, no, it’s okay, Young Lady.”

The merchant smiled wryly, thoroughly disappointed as Misha refused to buy and leave.

Arc hurried chase after her.

While it’s true the gun very expensive, that not something they can’t afford. Arc knew since he’s the one keeping their money. There about 3 small gold coins, 1 silver plate, 20 big silver coins, 54 small silver coins, 13 copper plates, 67 big copper coins, and 92 small copper coins. Total 61,762 Torn in Arc possession.

The fact amazed him, made him conscious the weight inside his pocket.

Misha rejected since she doesn’t want wasting her money to something that isn’t magic.

When they’re already walk far, Arc asked a question.

“Why are you lie?” (Arc)

“Eh, which lie?” (Misha)

“You lie about knowing the gun from book.” (Arc)

Misha jolted by Arc’s question. She appears hesitate for a while before speak.

“……You right, Arc. I knew about gun. From where I knew, I’d tell someday.” (Misha)

For some reason, Arc feel there an unbelievable fact hidden by her statement.

“I look forward it.” (Arc)

Arc didn’t press her anymore as he just filling his curiosity. He then shifted to another matter.

“Where are we going next?” (Arc)

“We’re go to Mr. Morph place.” (Misha)

Misha promptly replied.

“Before that, could we take these things down first?” (Arc)

Arc showed her purchases.

“…Let’s send them home.” (Misha)

 

*****

***

*

 

After entrusted their purchases to knights to send them home, they continued their walk.

Arc and Misha stopped in front of a building.

It’s a blacksmith store with [Lady Iron] sign hanged above the door.

Entering the store, they greeted with crowded men.

It seemed Mr. Morph’s store is currently busy.

They decided won’t bother him, and examined the items in Lady Iron.

Misha little disappointed as the stuffs hasn’t different from the last time she visited.

Arc looking around, searching if there still another Hookshot or something similar. He didn’t find any unfortunately.

Misha swung a random sledgehammer from stall, attracting people attention.

They both randomly wandering until the shop deserted and Mr. Morph come out greet them.

“Oh, isn’t it Boy and Lass? What bring you to my shop?” (Morph)

“Hello, Sir Morph.” (Arc)

“Long time no see, Mr. Morph.” (Misha)

Mr. Morph laughed, as he welcoming his friendly young customers.

Misha acquainted Morph from an incident, through that she became his royal customer.

“I’m just felt like visiting.” (Misha)

Misha explained her visit have no particular reason.

“Hmm, hey Boy, how the Hookshot you bought?” (Morph)

“Sorry, I still haven’t time to try it.” (Arc)

“Well, that’s shame.” (Morph)

“Hookshot?” (Misha)

Their conservation caught Misha’s attention. The word ‘Hookshot’ particularly.

“Arc, what with Hookshot you talking about?” (Misha)

“It some interesting thing I bought from Mr. Morph. It has similar shape with gun we saw earlier.” (Arc)

Arc took out his Hookshot from his spatial bag. Showing it to Misha.

As a reward for his breakthrough, Arc rewarded with a low-grade spatial bag with small room space inside. With the bag, Arc can easily bring his stuffs with him.

Magic items like spatial bag are rare even a low-grade one, but not something Everyne family can’t afford to give as reward.

Seeing the item in Arc’s arm, Misha raised her voice.

“This!? It’s truly Hookshot!” (Misha)

“You knew this, Misha?” (Arc)

“Yes.” (Misha)

Misha nodded excitedly. Her eyes sparkled as she found a new toy.

“With this you can leaping far from place to place… Why didn’t you tell me?” (Misha)

She pouts, as Arc not informing his stuff.

“…” (Arc)

Arc didn’t know why. He felt Misha have an uncertain fondness with Hookshot. She looking at it with a nostalgia gaze.

“Let’s try it now!” (Misha)

“Hold your horse, Lass!” (Morph)

Mr. Morph stopped Misha.

“I had said don’t try anything weird here, again!”

Mr. Morph snapped, empathizing word the ‘again’.

He knew the two kids in front of him would do it for real in his shop, as they had done for many times. Their deeds suffer him more than a drunk customer.

Mr. Morph can’t just ban the lord’s daughter and his loyal customer from coming again. That’s why he paid special attention to them whenever they visiting.

“If you want to try it, just do somewhere far and quiet, Lass.” (Morph)

“Thank you for advice, Mr. Morph. Arc let’s go!” (Misha)

“Eh? We’re go now?” (Arc)

“Yes, right away!” (Misha)

“Uwaahh!” (Arc)

Misha excitedly pulling Arc, leaving the store in dash.

Mr. Morph stood still, watching their leave with blank expression.

“……Just why you two come here for?” (Morph)

His mutter gone to void, never reaches them.

Apparently, Arc and Misha really never had purpose for their visit.

Quickly, their figure vanished in the distance.

3