Chapter 27 – Mayhem in the Opera House 3
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arc attacking Slave Hunter Leader.

*Clang!!*

Their sword clashed at each other.

Yep, that’s very thoughtless of me.

That the thought that flashed in Arc’s mind when his attack clashed with Slave Hunter Leader’s.

Because the one he attacking was Slave Hunter Leader, his bad acquaintance, Arc didn’t bother to check his strength and situation.

He should realize it when he attacked him. But because of his thoughtlessly, Arc made a rare mistake.

‘The fact his strength is greatly dismissed’

“Hmph, you overestimating yourself, brat!” (Slave)

“Gohak!” (Arc)

Slave Hunter Leader send a strong punch on Arc’s stomach.

With that punch, Arc’s body was sent fly. Slammed on the wall.

*Buck!!* *Crash!!*

“Arc!!” (Misha)

“Master!!” (Raina)

“!!!” (Herlin)

Arc spat out a mouthful of blood.

The punch not that strong, but since his body weakened, it greatly damaged him. if it weren’t for weakening, Arc wouldn’t fly just by that punch.

“Ugh!” (Arc)

Luckily, the enhancement before hasn’t wear out, protecting him from serious injure.

“You!” (Raina)

Seeing Arc been beaten up, the beastly nature that sleeping inside Raina roused up.

She charges to Slave Hunter Leader.

“Grahh!” (Raina)

“Stop Raina!” (Misha)

By this time, Misha realized their strength were dismissed by a whole level. She tried to stop Raina reckless act, but it’s little late. 

Raina charging at Slave Hunter Leader ferociously.

“Hmm, you are…?” (Slave Hunter Leader)

Slave Hunter Leader seems recognizing her, but she didn’t care.

Raina swung her spear.

Slave Hunter Leader fend off the attack effortlessly.

Unyielding, even with weakening, Raina kept swinging and thrusting her spear.

“Annoying!” (Slave Hunter Leader)

Because her wild move, Slave Hunter Leader forced to parry or dodge Raina barrage. Those attack may weak, but he still wounded if hit.

“Haa!” (Raina)

Raina also annoyed since her attack barely have any effect. She took a leap backward, then leap forward, thrust her spear with all of her might.

“Hngg! What the hell!?” Slave Hunter Leader withstand the attack.

In this thrust, Raina used all the power she had in one moment.

“Ahh!” (Raina)

“Gah!” (Slave Hunter Leader)

Raina thrust managed to break Slave Hunter’s defense. Unfortunately, even after using all her might, that attack just inflict him a shallow wound.

“Hah…” (Raina)

Fatigue rush in, Raina’s body weakened further after lashed out the last thrust.

“YOU BITCH!!” (Slave Hunter Leader)

Slave Hunter Leader roared, pressing his wound with his hand, felt quite humiliated and angry at this moment. Although the wound nothing of serious, his pride was stricken by these group children.

“Gah!” (Raina)

In rage, he sent kick on her stomach, threw off her small body fly

“I got you!” (Slave Hunter Leader)

Realizing his chance, Slave Hunter Leader brandish his sword.

“Raina!” (Misha)

[Barrier]

A barrier formed between Raina and Slave Hunter Leader, split them apart, and protect Raina.

Raina fell on the ground, close to Slave Hunter Leader.

“Shit!”

Slave Hunter Leader cursing, getting more annoyed losing his chance.

[Fireball] x 3

Immediately, Misha casted several fireballs to Slave Hunter Leader.

Slave Hunter Leader waving his sword, fended off Misha’s magic. Unlike Arc, he couldn’t actually slash magic. Fireballs burst on his sword, slightly burn his robe and skin.

“Argh!”

This time, Slave Hunter Leader truly annoyed. This the first time he getting toyed by children.

His gaze shifted to Misha, she also looks him by chance, and their gaze met.

“It’s you, Little Saint!”

“You…”

Misha and Slave Hunter Leader recognized each other. Seeing her, Slave Hunter Leader calmed down considerably.

“Tsk, just why are you here?” (Slave Hunter Leader)

“It should me that ask that!” Misha glaring at Slave Hunter Leader. “This the second time you bother us!” (Misha)

“Who so bored to play with brat, huh? It was clearly you that keep bothering me.” (Slave Hunter Leader)

“Yeah, that because you and your shady business.”

Misha and Slave Hunter Leader talking like old good acquaintance, if isn’t for faint killing intent in their eyes.

“…” (Misha)

She was ready cast any offensive magic she knew. For Misha, this wouldn’t the first time she killing human.

“Ugh!” (Raina)

Near Slave Hunter Leader, Raina risen to her feet.

“Hmph!” (Slave Hunter Leader)

Watching this little bitch, Slave Hunter Leader snorted in displeasure. He brandishes his sword once again, attempting to finish her.

“!!!” (Raina)

Raina couldn’t move since her body still exhausted.

“Raina!!” (Misha)

Misha reacted a little late, prepares to shoot another magic.

As Slave Hunter Leader swung his sword––

*Shuush*

“Urgh!”

––Blood flow on his arm, but that isn’t Raina’s blood.

A hook coming from nowhere, pierced Slave Hunter Leader’s arm.

“Who!?” Slave Hunter Leader erupted cause he got disturbed again.

His gaze following the line connected with hook, lead to the silver-haired girl in the corner. Her hand hold something that connected with hook. A clear-evidence that showing it was her doing.

“You!”

Arc held the line tightly, preventing Slave Hunter Leader brandish his sword.

Seeing his blood, Slave Hunter Leader raged!

“You think you could hold me like this!” (Slave Hunter Leader)

“Uaaa!?” (Arc)

Slave Hunter Leader pulled the line, hooking Arc to him.

When Arc reached his position, his knee slammed on Arc’s stomach.

“Gahak!” (Arc)

As Arc hovering in the air, he once again attempting to brandish his sword.

“Arc!” (Misha)

“!!!” (Raina)

Then, the ground shook.

 

*****

***

*

 

[Play my servant]

An unusual chanting sounded out between Elisabeth’s lips.

The puppets moving, swinging the swords they holding wildly at the robed men.

“““Arg!”””

One of the dolls stabbed the robed man’s back to death.

This isn’t a battle, but one-sidedly massacre.

“Tsk”

Watching the progress of battle, Elisabeth clicked her tongue.

Since the battle started, she always felt her body was sluggish and restricted. She couldn’t use her full power. It’s really uncomfortable to her.

[Dance my servant]

“Argh!!”

The dolls rotating, as if they are dancing. The blade they hold grazing the robed men’s skin like razor.

“…”

Elisabeth rather having a bad mood now, even while she overwhelming her enemy.

This is frustrating.                                     

Normally, she could kill these trashes with just a snap. But currently, they keep rising to her like a bunch of annoying cockroaches, as her power greatly weakened.

Elisabeth glanced the dark orb, the source of her weakening.

“Just vanish from my sight!” (Elisabeth)

“““Argh!”””

The puppets slashing the robed men.

“Oh, shut your mouth!” (Elisabeth)

She annoyed by these men pitiful scream.

These pitiful robed men staring her pleadingly, they couldn’t do anything but screaming as they facing her. However, they have been lucked out as their scream wrongly rubbing off her temper.

Elisabeth angry and worried.

She doesn’t know the current situation of the children. She and the children got separated since she had to deal with these assailants by herself. Her disciple also hasn’t been evacuated, and may in precarious situation.

Because of that, she doesn’t have time to play with these trashes!

“Hmph!”

Controlling her puppets, Elisabeth slays these assassins that obstructing her to the last.

When she was finished and about come back, the ground beneath her shook.

 

*****

***

*

 

Emer swung his sword.

“Haa!” (Emer)

The blade separated the head of robed man from his body.

With a ‘thud’, blood spurting from headless body like a fountain.

“Hah… hah…” (Emer)

“Good work, Emer.” (Saffron)

“Father!” (Emer)

Duke Saffron also finished his opponent.

Despite their number and surprise element, these robed men clearly weaker than Duke party. Even while Duke Saffron party’s strength greatly weakened.

In the distance, Robert threw his opponent’s lifeless body.

“Where young miss, master Emer?” (Robert)

Robert asked, swung off his bloodied spear. The little wound on his body caused he’s protected the party from explosion before.

Emer sweating as he heard this question.

“…I’m sorry, I left her there.” (Emer)

Duke Saffron stare Emer harshly.

“Do you realize that a stupid decision?” (Saffron)

“Don’t worry, there guards that protecting her before I come here.” (Emer)

Duke Saffron sighed.

“It doesn’t matter if she has guard or not. The situation really dangerous now.” He gazes at the stars. “I never expected them to make their move here…”

“Don’t worry about young lady, master. They have strong protector beside them.” (Robert)

“What you mean, Robert?” (Saffron)

Duke Saffron wondering what his butler means.

“Regardless, I truly about her since it’s her we talking about.” (Saffron)

“!!!” Emer paled. “You right, father. I really forgot!”

“You right, father.” (Rian)

“…” (Robert)

Robert can’t object that notion at all!

Two men approaching them.

“My friend, I advised we go to your daughter location now.” (Old Grill)

Duke Saffron glanced at bloodied Old Grill and his son. They seem have finished their assailant.

“Okay, let’s––” (Saffron)

The ground shook suddenly.

“What!?” (Saffron)

“Father, there!” (Rian)

In the center of ruins, an ominous black orb hovering in the air. Under the orb, tentacle starting to growing like weeds.

Duke Saffron’s face changed as he saw that scene.

 

*****

***

*

 

“Uaa!” (Arc)

Arc pulled toward Slave Hunter Leader.

*Buck*

The moment he arrives, Slave Hunter Leader kneed on Arc’s stomach.

“Gahak!” (Arc)

That kneed almost snatched his consciousness.

Because of the strong impact, Arc kept hovering in the midair.

“Arc!” (Misha)

Under vague consciousness, he faintly heard Misha worried call.

“Just die here!” (Slave Hunter Leader)

Slave Hunter Leader swung his sword, intending to bisect this little bitch that annoyed him.

Suddenly, the ground shook.

From the ground near their feet, a large appendage grew, and moving around wildly. As it moving, it slapped Arc to the ground accidentally.

“!!!” (Arc)

“What the hell is this!?” (Slave Hunter Leader)

Because of that, it’s accidentally replacing Arc position.

Slave Hunter Leader’s sword couldn’t stop, and bisected the unknown tentacle in place of Arc.

“!!!” (???)

The tentacle shuddering, a large bucket of black blood spurted from its wound.

Misha and others shocked and glad by this unexpected development.

Misha doesn’t know it was lucky or unlucky that Arc avoided death by slapped by unknown big tentacle.

The ground shook, and terrible aura coming from the center of opera house ruins.

By now, people have realized the appearance of tentacles in the center of opera house ruins.

“What is that?” (Misha)

The battle around ruins stopped. All eyes are on it.

Close to the black orb, another robed man with a distinct aura was standing.

When Misha saw him, there chilling sensation spread on her back.

Who is him?

Just looking at him, Misha instantly realized he is the leader of these unknown robed men.

He grabbed that black orb, lifting it before him.

“Our purpose here has been achieved. Retreat immediately.” A concise prompt came from him.

His voice isn’t loud, yet it’s clear enough to be heard by everyone present.

“What a kill joy!” (Slave Hunter Leader)

Slave Hunter Leader grumbling hatefully.

These little devils have been humiliating him thoroughly. After being toyed by them, he won’t felt relief if he couldn’t kill one of them at least.

“Shit, bastard, motherfucker!” (Slave Hunter Leader)

He threw some curse, try to quell his rage, not noticing the small move around him.

Unknowingly, Arc has been risen. He then charged to Slave Hunter Leader.

He won’t let him escape.

After this disaster, he determined to catch Slave Hunter Leader. He got feeling this man knew some inside story judging from his position.

“Huh!?” (Slave Hunter Leader)

Slave Hunter Leader slightly shocked by Arc surprise move, yet he managed to block him.

Another small shadow appeared behind him.

“Grah!”

A spear stabbing him on the back. Slave Hunter Leader glaring the cold little maid that standing behind him.

The surroundings brightened.

“Ahh!”

He was hit by light arrows.

Since the weakening effect still there, their overall power only could graze him. But that enough to corner him.

Under the barrage attack, Slave Hunter Leader kneeling on the ground.

“You shitting fucking little devils!!” (Slave Hunter Leader)

“Don’t move.” (Arc)

Arc said coldly. His sword hanging on Slave Hunter Leader’s neck. Ready to behead him if he making a weird move.

Slave Hunter Leader glaring him viciously.

The space between frozen, as they locked their gaze to each other.

*Thud*

A soft thud came from distance.

“Argghhh!!” (Herlin)

“Herlin!” (Misha)

Suddenly, Herlin fallen. She was screaming and holding her head in pain.

Arc almost turned his head, but he recalled he still guarding the man in front of him.

*Thud* *Thud*

Another soft thud sounded near their feet.

“?” (Arc)

Arc glanced there’re two familiar small round objects rolling on the ground.

“!!!” (Arc)

Arc knew what these small balls. He has been duped by those things before!

*Boom!!*

“Uwaah!”

A loud sound, blinded light, and black smoke filled the space.

“Rascal, don’t dare you interrupt me!”

It’s the Slave Hunter Leader’s voice.

“Hmph, who interrupt you, Bazz. Didn’t you hear the retreat call? Hurry up get done your things.” (???)

“Hmph!”

There another person sounded beside Slave Hunter Leader, his voice cold and dispassionate.

Arc hearing their conservation under the smoke mixed with some rustling.

So, Slave Hunter Leader name is Bazz, huh.

Arc thought idly.

He rather tired calling that man with such unproductive name, Slave Hunter Leader, as he didn’t know his true name.

Well, not that Arc cares his real name.

“What…!?” (Herlin)

“Huh, who is that!?” (Misha)

Behind the smoke, Arc could hear Herlin and Misha panicked voice.

“!!!” (Arc)

He got very bad premonition.

Instantly, he rushed toward the sound, but he was stumbling as smoke obstructing the path.

The smoke getting thinner and thinner.

When the smoke cleared, Arc looking around. Slave Hunter Leader, Bazz disappeared from sight.

The whole assailants group vanished. The opera house ruins permeating in silent.

After a while, the survivors regained their clarity.

“Misha, are you there!?”

“Young miss, where are you!?”

“Herlin!”

Several people coming to his direction. Duke Saffron party, the guards, and Elisabeth one by one appeared. However, Arc ignoring them.

“Little Arc, where young miss.” (Robert)

“…”

“Master!” (Raina)

Raina approaching him.

Seething in rage, Arc seeing the place where Misha and Herlin were stood.

On that place, Misha and Herlin were disappear alongside the robed men.

 

 

If you like my story, please consider to support me and read the ahead chapters

p atreon.com/oiltumpah

 

1