Chapter 29 – Infiltration
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

––Meanwhile Misha was captured.

 

“Hya! hya!” (???)

“Quick!” (???)

Tonight, will be different that usual night in Myrd City.

Under the night sky, a small shadow jumping from building to building, and the sound of the pounding of the horse’s hooves spread through the city.

A group of riders speeding on the city road.

“Quick you knight!” (Emer)

“Don’t fall behind!” (Robert)

Emer and Robert were riding horses, followed by tens knights behind.

There still wounds from previous battle, but that didn’t hinder them from moving. Their spirited gaze facing forward. The knights’ gaze behind not lose to them. The whole group full vigor, as though they will ride into a war.

Occasionally, Emer and Robert’s gaze went upward, above the buildings, as they forwarded.

“Hya! Hya!” (Emer)

“Hurry up, don’t lose them!” (Robert)

“How could he be so fast even though he is not riding a horse!?” (Emer)

They keeping track the small shadow that jumping from building to building agilely.

“I don’t know. From I look, it must because the weird device he using.” (Robert)

“I wonder where he found that useful stuff.” (Emer)

“Regardless, that thing not really useful for us now.” (Robert)

Robert sighed.

“Yeah, because of that, we got difficult to tail them.” (Emer)

A wry smile formed on his face.

“No matter, we must not lose his trail.” (Robert)

“Right, because he is the only our clue.” (Emer)

Emer nod in heavy mood.

“We’ll found you, Misha.” (Emer)

 

*****

***

*

 

*Sniff* *Sniff*

Carried on Arc’s back, Raina sniffing the air like a beast. After sniffing for a while, she found the scent she was looking for.

“Over there, master.” (Raina)

“Okay.” (Arc)

At this moment, Arc really thankful with Raina presence. If she doesn’t present, he would take much longer time to find the trail.

Following Raina direction, he shot the Hookshot, and springing through buildings. His move was agile like a cheetah.

“…” (Raina)

“We’ll find them.” (Arc)

Raina doesn’t speak much, just nodded at Arc’s word.

Arc facing forward.

His expression may look calm like gentle night, but under those eyes burned by seething rage.

Unforgivable.

He really wants to kill them.

Those robed bastards had touched his reverse scale.

Back to before, when those robed bastards retreated, they also kidnapped Misha and Herlin with them.

His demeanor changed on the spot. He released a thick murderous aura that surprise people around him.

After realized what they done, Arc quickly chased after them. But those bastards were too fast and prepared, they not just quickly vanish from the sight, even their trail were thoroughly erased, almost without a trace.

As Arc wondering how he could chase after them, Raina come give him a hand.

Unexpectedly, she has ability to sniff smell like a beast, an ability she acquired when she surviving in the wild.

They then immediately chase after the scent they leave.

But there is problem in the middle. The scent dispersed to everywhere in the city in the midway.

Those robed bastards seem had been assumed they will be trailed with scent. Since their scent scattered everywhere, it almost rendered Raina ability useless.

Arc mulling over how to find their trail for almost half hour until Raina got a terrible idea. She went over and brought back a severed hand of a dead robed man with her. With it, she managed sniffed the right scent of those robed bastards, trailed back whenever the scent the hand ever leaved.

Arc speechless when he saw it was worked.

Though he instantly turned rejoice since they could trail those robed bastards, however.

Their deed was noticed by the people near them.

When Uncle Jug and young master Emer intended to join with them, Arc already shouldering Raina, and leap through air with hookshot.

Robert and Emer were cried since they forced to chase after the children.

Springing through building to building, Arc glanced the cold little maid on his back.

“By the way, Raina.” (Arc)

“?” (Raina)

“I have been wondering why you calling me ‘Master’.” (Arc)

Yes, Arc really wondering since when he became ‘Master’.

So that isn’t my imagination.

He recalled Raina already calling him ‘Master’ before, but he thought that just imagination that time.

“That’s because Master is Master.” (Raina)

“?” (Arc)

What that’s mean?

Her answer very clear and simple, as if it was given.

“Why?” (Arc)

Raina tilted her head.

“That what write in the book.” (Raina)

“Huh, you could read? Just what kind book you had read?” (Arc)

That was discover since he never saw she ever read, but that not really important now.

Soon, they reach the slum.

This place unorganized, easy to get lost, if he walking on the ground like normally. Arc glanced at the Knights that following behind. He leaves a trail before continue to leap.

It was lucky Arc have Hookshot. With it he could just spring above the buildings, unafraid getting lost in the slum.

As they springing, Arc and Raina reached the Myrd City East Wall. Arc saw the City Gate opened and sparse, no guard in sight around the gate. He quickly climbed to the top of wall, watching the poor residence outside city wall.

Myrd City have great population. However, the city alone was smaller than the population, because of that many people reside outside the wall. Mostly of them reside in east area, connected with slum.

The area outside city poorer than slum area. It even called as ‘Slum among slum’ by people. More dangerous than slum itself.

A perfect place to start crime.

Arc quietly watching the poor residence from above the wall.

“Could you still sniff their scent?” (Arc)

*Sniff* *Sniff*

“……Yes.” (Raina)

“Good, Raina.” (Arc)

Arc couldn’t help but give her a pat as he praises her.

“Let’s go.” (Arc)

He jumps off.

“Wait, Little Arc!!” (???)

Behind, an uncle calling Arc loudly. Sadly, his sound passed in the wind, never reached him.

Arc keep springing on buildings, following Raina’s direction until they arrived in the area with most sparse of building.

“Master, their scent dispersed around here.” (Raina)

According to her, the scent was dispersed everywhere around this area, but there no robed man in the sight.

“Dammit.” (Arc)

“Sorry.” (Raina)

“No, that isn’t you fault, Raina.” (Arc)

Arc’s gaze swept around the area.

Huh?

Then, his grimace then turned into a big smile, as he saw them by chance.

“No, Raina. We found them.” (Arc)

He found his target. There are two robed men walking sneakily under the shadow. Using Hookshot, Arc swinging down from building, and landed almost silently.

Since they already on the land, there no longer need to shoulder Raina. She climbed down from Arc’s back with slightly regretful face.

““…””

Arc and Raina following the robed men behind.

They didn’t realize they have been stalked.

“Ha-ha-ha, at last. Soon, Satryssfa will grace his presence to us.”

“Yes, just little bit more, just a little bit more, we’ll see salvation bestowed to this foul world.”

Stalking those robed bastard, Arc heard the conversation that sounded fanatical they have.

Arc’s ears stretched upon one particular word – wrong – a name in the conversation.

“Satryssfa?” (Arc)

“What is that?” (Raina)

“……Nothing, just the usual renowned villain in a story.” (Arc)

“Oh?” (Raina)

“Well, that was wrote on the book at least.” (Arc)

“Okay, Master. I understand.” (Raina)

“You know, you quite talkative today.” (Arc)

Ever since her throat healed, Raina still rarely spoke, she either nod or shake her head as a reply.

Those robed men continuing the conservation.

“We must be quick. Finally, we could leave from this backward place tonight.” (???)

“Yes, I wonder why high priest choose this foul city.” (???)

Arc’s face grim heard they’ll leave this city.

“No just the here were foolish, their civilization very backward.” (???)

“We better not mind it since this place soon will become a paradise.” (???)

“The people in this city very lucky since they also will be graced by Satryssfa presence.” (???)

“We better hurry up or we’d lost our chance like our fallen brothers.” (???)

They hurried their step, never noticed the cold look Arc threw on them.

Those robed men walking in rather complicated route, never been in straight way. After walking for several minutes, taking many turns, they arrived to an inconspicuous big building.

An abandoned warehouse.

There nothing noting about that building, expect it was too big for a building outside the city, and the fact it was surrounded by tall fence.

*Crack*

“!!!”

Arc accidentally stepped on dry wood.

Crap!!

The crack sound quite soft, but clear enough in silent night, and reached the robed men’s ears.

Those robed men quickly turned around in shock.

*Meow!!*

Then saw a dirty black cat jumped on wooden barrel.

There is no one around except that dirty cat.

“Tsk, just a cat.”

“What a fucking cat.”

Found there actually no one around, the robed men turned back with a curse.

Never ever been realize they have been tailed by children.

 

*****

***

*

 

“Whew.” (Arc)

“…” (Raina)

Arc and Raina success infiltrated the warehouse through windows on the second floor. They managed to do that without being noticed.

Several cold drops fell from his brow, as Arc could sense several strong auras no far from their position.

“What now?” (Raina)

“We search Misha whereabouts.” (Arc)

Since he heard they will disappear from the city after tonight, Arc didn’t waste his time. He had to find her or he will lose something precious again.

“Follow me.” (Arc)

With Arc and Raina’s great sense, infiltrating enemy quarters wouldn’t be so difficult, as long as they didn’t encounter the people with strong aura they felt.

The progress quite smooth.

Walking in the corridor, they then perceive several presences ahead coming toward their direction.

“Quick hide.” (Arc)

He whispered in a very low voice.

Hurriedly, they went into empty room, hiding.

As they went in, Arc heard two soft steps passed the room.

“?”

Arc wonder.

Why, for some reason, he felt he just missed something very important.

Afterward, another several steps passing the front of the room.

“Priest, why that brute still in leader position?” (???)

“You better not discuss that now, quickly prepare our retreat.” (???)

“…” (Arc)

This voice… Arc recall heard this cold voice before.

“But…” (???)

“No but. Hurry up or you will be abandoned here.” (???)

“Yes…” (???)

They walk away.

“Let’s go.” (Arc)

*Nod*…” (Raina)

Arc and Raina touring the warehouse stealthy. They doing it very carefully. It was fortune both of them have knack for stealth.

The progress went quite slow.

At this moment, Arc very anxious, he run out of idea. In this enemy quarter, he didn’t know how to find where Misha and Herlin actually located. So, he and Raina just could blindly search from room to room. He also eavesdropping the conversation between robed men, hoping he could hear a clue that may lead him to them by sheer of luck.

And the luck fell on him.

“Hey, you over there, bring the sacrifices we just caught here.”  (???)

“Isn’t that too soon?” (???)

“Don’t question it. Even they are just children, they still Magist lineage. It’s too risky let them be. Especially the one we just caught is Everyne Little Saint.” (???)

“Alright.” (???)

That’s they are!

Arc’s ear fluttering as he found clue of Misha location.

Afterward, he and Raina strode through dark corridor, quietly following that man.

“…Quick, don’t let them find out…” (???)

“…Hnngh! Okay…” (???)

“?” (Arc)

*Tilted*…?” (Raina)

As they passing an intersection, for some reason, they heard voice of the people they intent to rescue. Arc and Raina turn around, but didn’t see the owner of the voice.

“No one there, Master.” (Raina)

“Yep, must be our imagination.” (Arc)

That must their imagination. That what they convinced to themselves.

Tailing the robed man who was ordered to fetch up Misha, he and Raina went down to basement.

“Hey, guard. Why are you sleeping around?” (???)

That man annoyed, as he found the guard that guarding the sacrifices were sleeping on his chair.

“Wake up you useless.”

He shook the guard violently, but the guard didn’t wake up.

“What up with you.”

*Snoze*…”

“…”

The man felt bad hunch in stomach.

Immediately, he ran into confined room, and saw it was completely empty.

“The sacrifice escaped!!”

The man roared as soon he realize the situation.

All of that was watched by the children that hiding in the shadow.

“Huh, escaped?” (Arc)

*Shocked*…” (Raina)

Something tugging his recent memory.

“Could it be… that wasn’t our imagination?” (Arc)

*Nod*…” (Raina)

Arc remember heard Misha and Herlin’s voice when they strode toward here. He and Raina ignored it since they thought it was just an imagination.

“Damn, if that true, it was waste to follow him. Raina, we have to get out here, quickly catch up with them.” (Arc)

“Okay.” (Raina)

“Who!?”

The robed men noticed Arc and Raina presence.

Crap!

They were found out.

Arc didn’t have time for this!

Leaped fast, Arc and Raina landed a punch at the man’s face at same time. That man just a normal strong man without mana. He brought down with their fist, instantly.

Knowing there’s nothing longer to do here, Arc and Raina leave the place immediately.

Although he doesn’t know the direction where Misha and Herlin escaped, Arc have a clue.

They returned to the place they heard her voice. Relying on his feeling, Arc went to find the nearest exit with Raina following.

As Arc stride, a familiar pungent smell penetrated his nose.

“HNG!” (Raina)

She pinched her nose, as that smell to destructive, especially for her sensitive nose.

“What?” (Arc)

Arc stopped, having a bad feeling for this smell. He really familiar with this smell, as he had long lived with it for years before met Misha.

Arc looks the nearest door, the source of that smell.

There’s a small hole on the door, enough to peek the situation inside.

When he peeking the inside, a thick rage and cold chill spread on his entire body. the scene made him think he must find Misha and Herlin right away.

Raina also peeking inside, but her expression as cold as before as she retracted behind.

Arc glanced at her.

Wrong – Her current expression was colder than ever.

He recalled what he saw before.

The room filled with corpses. So many human corpses piled up inside, even the rotten ones. If he focusing his sight, he’d also found the monster corpses such as goblin and orc laying in there.

Those corpses not in good state, rather very terrible. Some of them mutilated, some of them crushed, some of them skinned, some of them beyond recognized, and many more with unknown horrible state. Their state showed what inhuman treatment they received when they still alive.

Yes, this right really familiar.

This is the scene he couldn’t erased from his memory.

The start of everything he had before.

The sight of human cruelty.

Arc turned his face.

“Let’s go, there still we must to do.”

*Nod*…”

As they turned back.

*Boom!!*

A powerful explosion could be heard from distance as soon they took a step.

Arc and Raina’s face changed.

They ran toward the direction of the explosion.

 

 

If you like my story, please consider to support me and read the ahead chapters

p atreon.com/oiltumpah

1