Chapter 33 – After the Long Night 2
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

––Next morning.

 

A pair of boy and girl standing side by side.

“Hhnggh!” (Arc)

“Hhnggh!” (Misha)

Arc and Misha earnestly stretching their body up and down in mansion backyard. Not realizing the gaze that cast on their back.

“…” (Arianne)

Arianne, who was with them since beginning, watching them weirdly.

“One, two, hop. One, two, hop.” (Arc)

“One, two, hop. One, two, hop.” (Misha)

They’re moving in sync, almost like a twin or a pair of intimate couple. Not just their move, even their breathing synced.

There sense of great familiarity between two of them in every sense.

How come those two looks more like family than the real family?

““Fuu…”” (Arc and Misha)

They were exhaled.

With that, they have finished their morning exercise.

Arianne saw both of them really in harmony.

“How about mock battle?” (Misha)

“Sure. It’s been a while.” (Arc)

Hearing what they had said, Arianne frowned.

These children were too active.

Just yesterday, they got into something dangerous again, and wounded all over their body as the result. Now, they are very lively and healthy as usual, as though their wounded state yesterday were lies.

What the hell is their body?

That kind of wounds should need at least three days to recover, even among the strongest she knew. But these children managed to recover in not even a day rest!

It would make sense if recovered by Misha’s healing magic. However, they recovered naturally. They even nonchalantly treating their abnormal natural healing like it’s normal.

Though, they really treating it’s normal.

There also a question what kind situation they involved until they could get injured like that.

What I actually had missed?

Except from the report of terrorist attack, she basically clueless about the whole state.

Not just her sister and little servant; a whole knight company, Her Brother Emer, and Sir Robert also got injured.

She didn’t know what exactly had transpired the night after yesterday night, as she not directly involved.

No one that involved in the incident tell her the details.

Because of that incident, there’s big unrest in city.

Since yesterday, she really been busy dealing with the aftermath. A massacre case in city was massive headache, especially when the victims were noblemen.

If she not took a leave today, she may have to go around to calm people this time, dealing all sort of problems.

*Sigh*

She really tired. Just have a little rest yesterday.

Arianne quite envious with Misha’s current carefree lifestyle.

“Sis Ari, do you mind become our referee?”

Not realizing her big sister’s thought, Misha’s called her, woke her from contemplation.

“Uh, okay.” (Arianne)

Arianne returned her focus on the field.

Since she was free, she’d as well play along with her sister.

 

*****

***

*

 

Arc and Misha took considerably distance between them.

Misha observing the backyard.

Sure enough, the backyard quite wide enough for their mock battle. Unlike the other backyard of aristocratic, Everyne backyard almost barren like a practice field, fit for mock battle. 

She then noticed something was lack for their mock battle.

“Sis Ari, do you mind become our referee?” (Misha)

Misha called her big sister help.

“Uh, okay.” (Arianne)

Seems like her sister thinking about something. Her call just woke her up.

Misha felt quite bad to ask her sister. Arianne seemed rather having a tired complexion now.

“Don’t push yourself Sis if you can’t.” (Misha)

“I’m fine, Misha.” (Arianne)

Arianne reassures Misha’s concern.

“Are both of you ready?” (Arianne)

Misha swinging her wooden sledgehammer, checking her condition. There’s no longer discomfort she felt. It’s seemed she’d fully recover now.

Well, without actually checking it, she was absolutely recovered. Soon after her magic restored, she had thrown a bunch of healing magic on her.

Misha glanced Arc. Saw he also mimicked her action.

“Ready.” (Misha)

“Ready.” (Arc)

Arc and Misha readying their stance and wooden weapons. Observing each other’s action.

“Fight!” (Arianne)

[Strength Up] [Quick]

As soon the word fell, Arc kicked the ground. Leaped at Misha quickly.

Misha had predicted Arc action. She smiled, wanting to try the magics she just learned.

[Double Barrier]

A two layers barrier formed in front of her. Blocking Arc way to her.

This one magic she recently learned. A two layered barrier magic. She hadn’t use it when she kidnapped, as she never ever try it.

Arc stroke the barrier, but just manage to shatter one layer. Another layer delaying his action.

In his delay, Misha threw her new offensive magic.

[Fire Arrows]

“Huh?” (Arc)

Another Misha’s new magic. This time is fire attribute magic arrows.

Not just Misha learning magic in Healing and Light System, she also learning a little bit magic in Fire System.

Over there, Arc surprised. This the first time he saw Misha using these magics.

Then he realized.

He will the first one that taste her new magic.

That’s terrible!

Hurriedly, Arc leaped backwards, slashing the incoming fire arrows. His move quite wide, leave a big gap in his action.

[Strength Up] [Quick] [Mind Balance]

Knowing she get an opportunity, Misha dashed off.

After Arc slashed the last arrow, Misha already close by, hammering him from side.

“!!!” (Arc)

That swing truly precisely, seemingly not giving her opponent a chance.

“What!?” (Misha)

But to her surprise, Arc made shocking avoidance. He nimbly bends his body in an impossibly degree. Succeed to dodge Misha’s surprise stroke by a hair.

Just what kind body he has!?

Misha made similar question like her big sister.

Arc make his counter.

He spun on the ground, slashing her in circle.

This time, Misha the one forced defending.

Even he couldn’t use magic, Arc was fast and agile. He attacking her consecutively, not giving any chance her for breathing.

Misha’s overwhelmed. She could only be defending under Arc’s barrage.

Fortunately, people aren’t a machine. Not long after, Arc’s exhausted, slowing down his movement.

When she found a gap in his action, Misha quickly made her move.

[Barrier]

Afterwards, she took a big leap jump backwards. Quickly cast her next magics.

[Fire Balls] [Fire Arrows] [Light Balls] [Light Arrows]

Misha barraging Arc with various offensive magics in her reserve.

With this much magic thrown at him, Arc couldn’t cut through it. He forced to dodging the barrage.

This move was very effective. However, Misha rarely did this since it’d depleting her mana so quickly.

Just like she’s predicted, she felt her mana already dwindled to half. By the time her mana lower than half, her casting was slowed down.

Arc spotted her exhaustion. Immediately, he rushed at her thorough the center of magic storm.

“!!!” (Misha)

Startled by his bold action, Misha halted her movement.

That was fatal mistake in battle.

“Ouch!” (Misha)

Just as she about restarts her action, Arc has arrived at her place.

The wooden sledgehammer in her hand whacked into air, and a wooden sword pointed on her throat.

The outcome of their mock battle has decided.

“Stop! It’s Little Arc win.” (Arianne)

With Arianne declaration, the mock battle was over.

Misha fell sit, depressed by her lost.

Opposite of her, Arc was smiling sunnily.

 

*****

***

*

 

Arc and Misha walking side by side in corridor.

“How could you become so strong?” (Misha)

Misha very curious with this topic.

Need to know, before Arc was awakened, Misha practically winning all mock battles they had done.

Moreover, Arc haven’t been awakened for long, but he already winning several times against her. it’s hurt her pride as a reincarnator and as an elder.  

“Strong? which part?” (Arc)

“……Are you really questioning that?” (Misha)

“Yes, because I never been felt strong.” (Arc)

“Eh, how come?” (Misha)

Which part of you that not strong? Except others awakened, the mana-users, Arc practically stronger than any adult out there.

“If I was strong, you wouldn’t be kidnapped that night…” (Arc)

“Stop. Don’t mention that anymore.” (Misha)

Misha forcibly stopped their sulky conservation.

“Misha, over here.” (Arianne)

In distance, Arianne waiting for them in front of a big door. Raina and Herlin stood beside her.

“Raina, Herlin, good morning.” (Misha)

“Good morning you two.” (Arc)

Arc and Misha greeting both of them.

*Nod*…” (Raina)

Raina as always giving a silent reply.

“Uh…” (Herlin)

Seemingly embarrassed by their greet, Herlin’s eyes wandering around.

“…” (Misha)

Misha observing Herlin’s condition. She now in her usual state and still in half awakened Magist state.

There still big question in her mind about Herlin exaggerate change that night. But she relieves the usual Herlin has already returned.

“How you two conditions?” (Misha)

“*Nod*…” (Raina)

“I-I’m fine.” (Herlin)

“Is that so? Just don’t push yourself if you feel tired.” (Misha)

Misha reassured knowing both of them was fine. Not realizing Arianne’s gaze stuck on them weirdly.

“So, what we do here again?” (Misha)

“Did you forget Misha? We’re being summoned in meeting.” (Arc)

“Oh, right.” (Misha)

She totally forgotten that after yesterday rest.

They keep conserving like usual, not realizing Arianne squinted at them.

“Misha? So, you could directly refer your master with her name, huh, Little Servant?” (Arianne)

She, who was silent since beginning until now, spoke after hearing Misha name come out from Arc’s mouth.

Whoops!!

Arc and Misha are both stiffened. They forgot Arianne still beside them.

In Everyne House –Wrong– in every aristocratic house, it’s a custom for servants not directly calling their master with their name.

It’s worthy of punishment if someone violate it.

Arc and Misha paled by their careless.

Fortunately, Arianne seemed not care about it.

“Don’t worry, I wouldn’t care about that. You two could address yourself like usual in front of me.” (Arianne)

“Uh, thanks, Big Sis.” (Misha)

“Thanks, Miss Arianne.” (Arc)

“Just refrain doing that in front of Public and Father, okay?” (Arianne)

Arianne winked at them. Arc and Misha nodded in reply.

Misha relieves her sister very kind.

Then, Arianne held Arc’s face between her palm.

“By the way, Little Arc, please call me Sis Ari like Misha, okay?” (Arianne)

““Eh?”” (Arc, Misha)

Hearing Arianne’s request, Arc and Misha once again got stiffened.

“That…” (Arc)

“You couldn’t?” (Arianne)

He wants to say that might not appropriate, but swallowed his word after remember his situation.

“I could.” (Arc)

“Call my name then.” Arianne ordered.

“Ugh… Miss–.” (Arc)

“Retry.” (Arianne)

“Big Sis Ari.” (Arc)

“Good boy!” (Arianne)

Arianne kneading his face excitedly. Squeezing him in her arm.

For some reason, Misha feels a slight discomfort by watching them.

Why?

What is this feeling as though her magic study was burned?

“Big Sis, stop that. Arc was uncomfortable.” (Misha)

Misha was interfering. Like what she said, Arc really felt uncomfortable as his face kneaded by Arianne. She stopped her sister for Arc, not because the uncomfortable she felt. Definitely not!

“Ha-Ha-Ha, sorry Misha. I just noticed your servant really cute. Why I never realize that?” (Arianne)

Arianne explains roguishly. Amused by their reaction.

“Huh, cute?” (Arc)

“Please don’t playing with my servant, Big Sis!” (Misha)

“Well, not playing anymore, let’s go in.” (Arianne)

 

 

If you like my story, please consider to support me and read the ahead chapters

p atreon.com/oiltumpah

1