CHAPTER 39 **Borak’s Path**
61 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Having teleported to Borak’s courtyard, Sahara saw that he wasn’t there yet…So, she sat down on the roof impatiently.

It was still new in her head, all those ‘pressure’ points that she must repay…

But her eldest brother didn’t return for at least an hour.

Even though Sahara was impatient, she was able to recuperate some of her spiritual essence and have something to eat. It felt like there was nothing going on right now, simply because she had all this leisure time! With the bodies on one side and her mother on the other…Did she put to thought on how long it would take for Borak to get over her mother being like that? Sahara might know where Borak is, but it didn’t mean she knew what he was thinking or feeling, well she could assume but that’s all, so she’d never personally understand…

 

Borak came back all alone, he was breathing heavy and moving fast. There was obviously something that he was worried about.

Sahara watched him through a star for a while, smiling at his misfortune of losing everyone on his side.

Suddenly, he kicked a chair, and then wiped his hand over the entire top of the table, making things crash to the floor.

“Argh! Dammit! Who is it!?”

Still smiling, Sahara continued to watch him losing hope.

For all the time that Talon was unable to do something, Sahara had no ounce of sympathy to the person who was now breaking the rest of the things in his own courtyard. The revenge that she had done for him, with her ‘mother’, was already forgotten…

You have just been haunted, by me! Haha!

 

 

Borak was frantic. At first, he was happy. The fate of his mother…The reason that she had died, was nearly annihilated! Borak was even satisfied with how he had seen her, as she hung there…She was in such a state, that you wouldn’t want to show herself to anybody!

Having walked in, to see the killer of his mother hanging there like that, so defenselessly, made him let go of something that had troubled him for well over a decade. The blood, the bite marks…Even the words, looked like the devil himself had personally come to take her life away!

There had been no way that he could not just quickly finish the job himself! Just watching her watch him advance slowly and struggle yet unable to do anything made all these years’ worth it! To see the despair in those eyes, the life ending…

 

It was like he had been set free from some sort of chain!

He wasn’t going to shed a tear to the years of waiting for this exact thing to happen. Even though he had been waiting, trying to find reasons to take her life but have it so that it wasn’t his fault and then just become busy with other stuff because he seemed to be on opposite sides to his whole family…

Perhaps he could relax a bit now…Perhaps he could just take a breath and re-evaluate what’s going on. Simply because a particular person was now dead, Borak smiled and felt like life could be simpler now.

It didn’t mean that he was going to change his outcome completely, he was sure that he had to continue the road led out before him now that he had made his bed but…At least now he might not have a sickening feeling when it came to his father anymore…Right?

 

Nonetheless, it was like heaven was on his side…It was fate, wasn’t it? This woman had to die and finally he had snuffed out her light, finally she was gone, gone in a way that she deserved!

When Borak had finally stopped smiling, he had started to think realistically…

What he had found strange, was the degree of how badly the body was treated…And why now? Who was it?

Doing a small investigation himself. He wondered who had left her this way and why so suddenly…

Being the master of Rolland Estate, any small amount of people who were still around, didn’t say anything about him, who seemed to be staying in a courtyard with a married woman, for so long…

His investigation had gone on for quite a while, and as time went on, he started to worry more and more. The murderer seemed quite powerful, and merciless…

 

But…After his happiness, and then becoming a little paranoid, he found something dramatic and scary.

Most of the people on his side, had all but been annihilated and then thrown into a corner of the estate, like they had been of no trouble whatsoever!

The scariest thing, was that they had no other abnormality, accept that of one line that went through one area of their bodies. No bruises, no redness, no other cuts…

 

Finding at least three, of his now perished men, with the same circumstance, Borak got even more paranoid.

At least half of my people were of rank four cultivation, the rest being at third rank! How had this been capable of being done, within such a short amount of time!

Borak had seen one after another and another, of only his own men, no longer even checking how they had died. Most of his men were loyal from years ago but even a few that were recently loyal to him, were now all dead!

There was no one left! If Talon or the Right Minister were to awaken, he’d have no one to fight with him, besides himself!

How did it turn out like this!?

As Borak stopped moving and just leaned over a table, heavily breathing in and out, Sahara silently continued to watch.

 

I could still be the master, if they don’t get out of bed…But, if I stay…

When someone loses everything…They get scary…With Borak in a corner, and most likely thinking that his life is in danger…

To Sahara’s thoughts, Borak picked up a few things and placed them to the side in a rush…He was going to leave!

Her instincts basically said that now was a good time, that she should wait no longer!

Sending her star into his body, Sahara transferred her spiritual essence and started to push his acupuncture points in, one by one.

 

There was no helping Borak now, he slumped down onto the ground, as he suddenly could feel himself become more and more powerless.

Never in his life had he gone through such an ordeal before. In one moment, feeling on top of the world because of the biggest hindrance in his life had vanished, then to fall to the depths of hell to find that no one was by his side.

And beyond that, now he knew he was being targeted, as his whole body became numb…

He wanted a good look at the person that was doing this, he wanted to know who could go up against him, when he had a backing such as…

Unable to do anything but wait for somebody…Anybody…To enter his vision, Borak filled his eyes with hatred, even beyond his own expectations.

The Rolland Estate had been all his, he had waited and waited for so long…And in only one day, in just a few hours…

 

 

As Sahara’s spiritual essence did all eleven areas that Talon had, she smiled, then continued her journey through Borak’s body.

Having practised her next goal, through her own mother’s body, Sahara slammed her essence into Borak’s Dantian and filled the wall, making the ‘blocker’ as solid as possible.

The process of blocking one’s cultivation, was making the dantian wall solid, so that spiritual essence had no way to enter or exit. Obviously, the less ‘solid’ the ‘blocker’ the easier it would be to break, yet the more ‘solid’ the ‘blocker’…The harder it was the break!

Sahara had no idea, on what would be needed to break this ‘blocker’ that she was doing upon Borak, but she knew it probably wouldn’t be easy. She wasn’t sure of the usual way it would happen, but what she had done, was produce the same kind of material that was used for the already existing wall of the dantian.

Sahara remembers reading stories previously, about blocking one’s cultivation base, and hoped that it was something like that…

 

What Sahara hadn’t known, was that her type of ‘blocker’, was quite powerful, because she made the blocker become the wall itself. Normally a ‘blocker’ would be inserted by some other means and would put some kind of different material in place that went over the wall, somewhat like a shield or bubble. But since she had made her spiritual essence become part of his dantian wall itself, any who could attempt to break this ‘blocker’, would have to create their own cracks in that wall…Which is really quite dangerous. The methods of breaking Sahara’s blocker and the more well-known blocker are completely different!

 

After she had finally finished, Sahara breathed out and opened her eyes.

She knew that Borak wasn’t even in a bed, and was just lying hopelessly on the floor, but she didn’t care.

Sahara guess that she didn’t have enough sympathy to get him into his bed…

Honestly, while she’s ‘bad’, sympathy is something practically unheard of…Even when she had gotten ‘revenge’ for him with her ‘mother’, it was mostly to give him a good show. Not much of that was sympathetic…

He had already chosen his way, and done bad things…So, she felt nothing.

What seemed to be somewhat unavoidable, is the way that she thinks and feels. Sahara knew that her eldest brother would have led a different life if his mother hadn’t been killed and given him such hate. Yet, it was something that she herself could not fix…

Again, like how she had felt like with Celeste’s problem with not bringing up Gabriella better, she felt the same with this.

It had nothing to do with her…

Sahara was here to save Talon and have it so that he was safe!

 

Teleporting, to be in front of Borak, officially Sahara’s eldest brother, she bent down and just stared at him.

She really did not think that he would confess on who was behind him. Her eldest brother seemed to her like he was a proud person and someone that could endure…Considering that he lived with the person that had killed his mother for over a decade, she’d call that enduring. And enduring, was something she understood very well.

Sighing, Sahara continued to stare. If she couldn’t think of a way to get him to talk and tell her who was behind him, she’d probably have to leave him alive.

But if she leaves him alive…

 

A little conflicted, Sahara turn her head to Naruto, “What do ya you reckon?”

“Arf.”

Great help!

Sahara wasn’t surprised or mad, Naruto never really helped her decide with anything…It just sorta became a habit to ask him questions…

Picking up Naruto, Sahara made him a bit bigger, and watched as Borak’s eyes widened with terror.

Mmm

“Arf”

Blankly staring at the little shithead, Sahara then looked up and silently asked for help, in understanding beast language.

“Arf.”

Sighing, she turned back to Naruto and said, “If you are hungry, you can’t have his middle part and head, just eat an arm or leg.”

To her surprise, in just a few moments, Naruto had jumped down and chomped down upon one of Borak’s legs.

It worked! I must be beast whisperer!

But she honestly thought that he wouldn’t be hungry…She was originally just trying to scare Borak…

 

Looking at Borak, Sahara didn’t ask him anything, just stared back it his eyes, that showed utter agony and despair.

Naruto stopped after the third bite, making the chunk fall to the floor and he nibbled at it, as he sat down on the floor. He really tended to take after Sahara and be lazy…

The little shithead must be full…Haha, he helped me out back there with my ‘mother’ and Borak’s men, I don’t blame him.

Turning her head, looking at the man that had one small tear go down the side of his face, she widened her eyes in return.

Will he be able to come good? Is there a chance that he can let go?

 

Sahara leaned against the side of the bed, collapsed down to the ground and put her knees up, hugging them, “It really does make me wonder how you lasted so long, living with someone that killed your own mother…”

The despair in Borak’s eyes suddenly turned blank.

“Yeah, I know it. I knew that something was going on, just didn’t know what.”

Sighing and nodding her head, Sahara breathed in and said, “I know there’s someone behind you, as well.”

She watched, as she saw Borak’s eyes narrow.

Sahara narrowed her own eyes in return, she was sure, even now, that he wouldn’t say anything. She just felt like she was already wasting her time!

7