CHAPTER 44 **Just a bit of…Nothing…**
38 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The emperor, just like everyone else, was also truly curious about this ‘Divine Healer’.

Having not even met this ‘Divine Healer’ the emperor did not want to overtake their work and ruin any chance of becoming friends with them.

So, the next best thing, would be to make sure that it would end here, in hope that the Right Minister will keep his estate well behaved from now on!

But when the emperor had asked Matthew about the ‘Divine healer’, all he got was a deep smile, that clearly wasn’t meant for him at all…

As an Emperor, he had the power to invite this ‘Divine Healer’ into the palace, yet there was no word on how to give this invitation out, as the ‘Divine Healer’ had literally disappeared!

 

And Matthew, even though he was busy, he still had time to read and laugh about his Princess.

He hadn’t been surprised at all when he had found out that Sahara didn’t ‘heal’ the Right Minister, nor was he surprised when his subordinate had lost her for a whole day…

Matthew silently helped send out that rumor of a ‘Divine Healer’, helping Talon and the Right Minister, and to keep his Princess’s identity a secret...He was also really interested in finding out how everything at the Rolland Estate had all occurred!

 

It was a short, sweet rest, from what he was doing, making him miss her. Yet, he still had to clear his name as soon as possible!

Traveling back to the prison, Matthew picked out his ‘witness’, from watching for a few days, and silently left. Of course, he knew that this person was one of the Crowned Prince’s men, but it wouldn’t be the first time to change someone’s allegiance…

Once he could get this person to admit to his crime, and even attempt to get another ‘witness’, his name will be cleared. Having the evidence already with the emperor, with the note stating that a letter had indeed been left, but it had gone missing, nearly everything was ready.

Sahara didn’t quite know but sometimes even spiritual essence can be evidence in this place…Such as who and when, and Matthew had put in his spiritual essence upon both notes, just for this purpose!

 

***

 

A week went by, and finally, the people in the capital started to calm down and started to talk about something else. More people were employed to work at the Rolland Estate and the Right Minister was now going to the palace daily again. Talon took over his elder brother’s duties and Samuel followed him.

Samuel had continued to stay with Talon all of this time, yet Talon sat him down. Now that things were getting back to normal, he wanted Samuel to finally go to the Academy, to become stronger.

At first Samuel had not wanted to, but after Talon had said that his sister might need him in the future, Samuel stopped and seriously thought about it.

Seeing that his sister was indeed alive, there were no more objections, and he promised his father that he will be someone that his sister could depend on...

Talon also got back into his Martial Arts and cultivation, when he had the time, not bothering on anything else...Even though the old madam wanted him to remarry...

 

 

Then…There was Sahara…

She had no idea that the emperor had finally stopped crumbling and was impatiently waiting for Matthew to finish the investigation upon the Crowned Prince.

Nor did she have a clue that Matthew was still unable to even return back to his estate and had the title ‘murderer of royals’ still above his head…

Sahara also had no idea that Samuel was going to attend…The same Academy!

She did not know that people were looking for this ‘Divine Healer’…If they had found out that this ‘Divine Healer’ was lazing around and currently living in a cave…

 

After Sahara had left the Rolland Estate that day, she had ‘celebrated’ with a few drinks.

She played the night away…Alone…And then, slept like a baby.

It was a little strange, as she had felt a little pain go through her for some reason. What she had felt, was the last remnants of her ‘bad’ side dissipate, only leaving her ‘good’ side once again. It would be awesome to state that it’s like a superpower but, the pain that started was more to do with her conscious mind and feelings. Feelings of what her actions had taken her and realizing what she had really done…

 

It might seem that Sahara is emotionless in the life’s that she had taken, but she wasn’t. She somehow knew that there was probably at least one person waiting for someone to come home, to see them again by having them walk through a front door at any moment!

It wasn’t like she had been put in the position of losing a loved one very much, it was more like she had been sensitive to whenever she watched movies or read books and really put herself into those shoes and…It was just sad.

Even if those people weren’t the best and nicest of people, that she had killed, it didn’t mean that they didn’t have family or someone, even just a partner in crime…That they would leave behind…

 

There could be a few children now that doesn’t have a father or mother anymore. There might be an elderly mother who lost her child, and what for?

Where they all blindly following someone’s order? Did they even know what they were doing at all? Did they know for sure that they could die that day? Did they die without even the chance to say goodbye?

Sahara understood that population could go out of control and perhaps that’s why wars weren’t the worst of things to happen but…

What does it matter…

They were gone and people will mourn, and hopefully, someone will learn from it all…She just had to slowly make her way out of this mood of hers! So…Knowing that she doesn’t regret what she had done and would probably do it again, simply to save her loved ones, that helped her from going into depression…

Sahara said a fond farewell to those who she had killed and hoped to help people more once again, so that she could make up for it, and that was that!

 

The next day, Sahara didn’t feel so good because of the alcohol, so she took the day off and leisurely slumped around.

She noticed, when she couldn’t help but look at herself once again in the mirror, that her eyes weren’t glowing anymore, they were just a blood red color.

The day after that, Sahara checked her eyes and found that they could go back to being brown, if she used her spiritual essence to change it.

After she finished cleansing the rest of her, she did some Martial Arts and some cultivation…It really was a few days of…Nothing!

*It’s even a little bit boring typing how boring it is!*

 

Sahara hadn’t trained with her leaf stars for a while, so when she did it on this day, she was surprised that she could see Purple Haven in the distance. It wasn’t like she could see the whole lot, just the walls in the far expanse…

Again, her distance had gone further!

She had tried this when she had reached Green Haven, after she had come back, and had been unable to see Purple Haven then…Or, maybe it was that strange, little dot…

Actually, her cultivation base was at the peak of rank four!

Perhaps using her powers like she had had helped her level up? Or had it been so long since she had last looked?

It just felt all so sudden!

Oh…

 

Sahara still wasn’t quite herself, as for a whole day of being alone not one word escaped from her mouth.

For some reason, she had felt like she had spoken enough…Even Naruto wasn’t enough to make her speak!

She guessed that she had sort of missed the silence, or something…

Sahara spent a bit of time watching the little shithead, who seemed to have changed a little as well. He now had four tails and seemed to not be so scared anymore. He didn’t go into her clothes, as he used to, and would even venture out a few times on his own.

Considering that Naruto’s tails had been growing, as he had ‘dinged’ in ranking up, Sahara hardly had to even guess what had happened. It might mean something yucky, like eating any, any…Any kind of meat, was about to help ‘ding’ him up…But, gaining another tail only made him cuter…How awesome was it to have something so similar to Kurama! She knows that it wasn’t like the anime, but still, it made her slightly happy that she had some sort of connection all the time now to her former life…

 

Sahara pondered for quite some time, whether or not she would stay as a ‘Young Master’ or ‘Young Miss’.

Having been found out twice, really had broken off her want to act as a male. Her voice was already something that naturally sounded feminine, and she didn’t feel natural, having her muscles so big all the time!

But, for the life of her, she couldn’t find a solution…Sahara guess, at that moment, she was still too lazy and leisurely to figure anything out!

Having had accomplished such a big ‘mission’ back at the Rolland Estate, may be the reason Sahara was happily doing and thinking of nothing, for a while…

That night, two things happened, that helped her. She ended up having a nightmare, of her daughter’s throat being slashed once again, and she finally spoke some words to Naruto. Well, all it was were apologizes for waking him up, but they were still spoken words…

 

Feeling herself once again in the morning, Sahara found that she was finally able to make a choice, about being a male or female.

So, she converted back to being female and had to think of yet another name that she was going to use.

Her muscles went smaller, she grew her breasts again and she used one of her mother’s stolen golden pins to put her hair up in a way that she liked it.

Her clothes were still that of males, but she really…Really didn’t want to wear female clothes!

Even though Sahara didn’t have them on her, giving her a reason not to wear them…Sahara still felt like that she might have to make some kind of feminine bogan dress or something, as a new fashion line to this era!

Beforehand, her male name was going to be Kirito, but now, she was wondering if she could even use that name, being a girl.

 

Deciding on just going back to her other, original name, Sahara shrugged.

She was an unknown person, if she was to use ‘Sahara’ it probably won’t bring too much attention…Or will it?

It was strange, how having a nightmare seemed to get her back to normal, as she was thinking…Who cares if she uses the name Sahara, who cares if she says that she’s from some other place!?

Omigod! That’s it! I’ll get away with wearing male’s clothes if I say I’m from another Haven! I could say it’s how they dress there or something! Oh, and if they ask questions, I could show them my red eyes and say I’m from ‘Red Haven’, Ha! Actually, there probably is a real Red Haven…

 

Looking out into the distance, Sahara remembered something that she may have forgotten in the last couple of days…She wanted to do what she wanted…

Having her name as Sahara is easier for her, and if it brings her problems…She’ll just deal with it head on! Wearing something that brings her comfort, is what she wanted! And it was as simple as that!

Being glad that she had spent a while to try and figure all this out, Sahara was finally happy with the decisions that she had made…

Breathing in and out, she could feel like a new chapter was starting…

Haha, yeah, the chapter’s called…’She’s coming!’ Or…’Hey, that girl that isn’t normally in the book is here!’

She closed her eyes and felt the slight breeze blow around her.

Sahara had a major goal…That was doing what she wanted and getting away with it. She also had a few minor goal’s…That was learning the ‘Dispersion’ meditation and becoming rich!

Finally feeling like her life was her own again, Sahara couldn’t wait to continue on with it!

 

***

4