CHAPTER 47 **Meeting Rose**
40 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As he became lost in a trance, by staring at Sahara, he was suddenly brought back to reality, when a little thing went rushing past them!

It was hardly seen, so they didn’t even know that it was, in fact, Naruto, who had gotten himself something to eat. Bringing his food with him, he got onto Sahara’s lap and started to eat, not caring that he was making a mess.

He had blood on his paws and around his mouth, making his look quite vicious…

A scream exited one of the maids and many people seemed to be unable to do anything, but stare at the new, little beast in shock!

“What the hell is that!” The General said loudly. This was his bed! And now there was a few drops of blood on the bed that had led to Sahara’s lap! And a dead animal!

“It’s her pet fox!” Matthew wanted to pick it up and throw it! Looking at that thing, so comfortable and making such a mess on his woman’s clothes! Did she let this mutt do this all the time!?

 

“What! He’s a beast!” The General said, his eyes were opened wide with astonishment!

It was well known that beasts weren’t able to enter into the Haven’s…How did a beast come inside!?

Sahara didn’t know much about why beasts weren’t able to enter into the Haven’s, but it was quite simple. There was a barrier that humans may go through, but beasts could not. Matthew had only found out when he was sixteen, why and how this barrier existed, but many others only knew of it. The reason why Naruto was able to pass through this barrier, was simply because Sahara had teleported him through it…

“…Yeah. He’s a beast!” Unable to handle seeing the fox able to freely touch his woman, he picked the fox up by the neck and throw it back out the windowed area.

“Arf!”

Matthew picked up the fox’s prey, still in Sahara’s lap, and throw that out as well, “Eat it outside, you mutt!”

 

The General didn’t hold back, he laughed loudly, at seeing Matthew’s face and actions firsthand. He hadn’t seen his friend so possessive and jealous before, and it was finally time that it was Matthew, instead of himself, that got teased!

In fact, he felt good to see a different side to Matthew, who had always been so indifferent and detached…

But it seemed to bring the opposite effect for Matthew…

His friend’s laughter seemed to enlighten Matthew to his own actions…

…It was quite interesting, to feel all these emotions that he’d never encountered before…Matthew was truly wondering if perhaps he had gone overboard, because the General was laughing so much.

Is it that obvious? Was it too much?

Matthew sighed and wondered how he was going to deal with all of this! Normally, he was on the outside, looking into men who acted this way, now he was one of them and…Lost!

It wasn’t uncommon to have a man to be too obsessive and lose who they were going after, and jealousy could be a killer!

Thinking of such things, Matthew shuddered.

Matthew was slightly startled to his own behavior…

He needed to know how to get a handle of all these new emotions, so that he doesn’t do anything stupid!

…It was as he thought, quite some time ago…He could handle assassins, schemes, lies…But towards this woman, he was really quite inexperienced…

 

The General’s loud laughter continued, because of Matthew’s new face, in which made Sahara frown.

Sahara was unclear on most of what had transpired while sitting there…Trying to concentrate. But she had strangely felt Matthew’s presence and heard Matthew call her a Princess. Not wanting to think too much into what made her stomach flutter, Sahara had tried to concentrate further…But it didn’t help!

Matthew, seeing this, became more formal and said, “Quiet, she’s trying to concentrate!”

“Look at you! This is amazing!” The General didn’t stop, he just continued to laugh and point at his friend.

Opening her eyes, Sahara saw Matthew, and frowned again at seeing the General so happy…

“Why are you laughing, when you aren’t even free from what is inside of you!”

Sahara’s words made the room silent.

And then, gasps were heard, as her red eyes were seen…

“…What is inside him?” Matthew asked, sitting at the edge of the bed, trying to stay at a distance.

He found that he did want to touch her, but this must be those emotions! This is what he needed to get a hold of!

What if I came across too strong and my princess didn’t like me at all!?

Suddenly, Matthew felt overwhelmed with sadness, like how he felt when Sahara had disappeared from the Rolland Estate…He didn’t want that at all! There was no other way…He had to get a hold of himself and take things slowly!

 

Sahara looked at Matthew, who seemed a bit strange, then pondered over what to say, “…It’s not poison, I think it would be closer to something like a virus. The black ash substance, seems to seek out what is living, destroying everything! It is still doing that even now!”

She pointed towards the bowl that she had put the black ash into. It had been initially watered down by the water that she had used as well, but now it was the opposite…Thoroughly black!

It really looked quite ominous!

Sahara wasn’t really in the mood to have been interrupted from getting more spiritual essence, especially when who she was saving was so happy, even though he hadn’t initially been saved yet!

It was at this time that the lady, to whom Sahara followed here, stated that they should move elsewhere…

Sahara really hadn’t much of an idea why, until she had looked at some blood drops…So, they all followed behind the General, who needed help to walk to another made room. Having said the words, that the General was not yet fully recovered, this small walk was done in silence and only the lady’s quiet words of doting upon her husband were heard…

 

“Living? Ash?” Matthew pondered and seriously looked into the bowl, even getting a flask out and dipped it in. Having been intrigued by this, he had gotten Band Two to carry the bowl very carefully to the new room that they were in now.

Seeing that Matthew was speaking and acting normally, everyone else in the room tried to act that way as well. It wasn’t easy though, never had anyone there met anyone with red eyes before! Of course it felt better when she had quickly disappeared to change her clothes but when she came back, they were back to being a bit freaked out once again…

Sahara had found a comfortable chair and sat on it, with her legs crossed. She honestly would prefer to finish healing, before she does anything else, like have a whole conversation…But it didn’t work out like that…

The General looked seriously at Sahara, and she sighed, “Mmm, when I first looked, it was like death inside your body.”

“Must be a curse then. I did think of it earlier, but it wouldn’t have changed anything…That black man was scared of me yet, he must have been a shaman…And he had the guts to curse me!”

 

Silence filled the room, as there was anger or rage that floated around…Sahara even got the idea that she could now continue to get spiritual essence back because of how quiet it became.

As she went to get comfortable again, Sahara found the silence being interrupted…

“’The Soul Breaking Curse’ is something that thrives on living things, I wonder if that’s what he gave you.” Matthew said, giving the flask to Band Two to keep, after having a good look at it.

Obviously, the General would probably be a very tough opponent, to those who went against him in a fight. Not only was he already named a ‘General’ but he became one through good means, using his strength to astonish people. Matthew guessed that the Crowned Prince giving his friend a curse, would most likely be the best way to have killed his friend…

 

The General shook his head and clenched his hands, “Does it matter!? I want to get my payback! Can you imagine that man seeing me alive, I wonder if that’ll be enough to kill him!?”

Laughing, the General slowly became relaxed again, “When will you get that stupid Crowned Prince, boy!?”

“I have to clear my name first, Shaun.”

Looking at the two men in front her, Sahara frowned. It was obvious that they were against the Crowned Prince, but…Matthew having to clear his name?

Looking over a Matthew, Sahara saw him sigh and breath in. He looked at her afterwards, finding her looking at him…Even when he looked like he was worried about something, he was so handsome! Also…Distracting…Sahara forgot what she was thinking beforehand completely!

“Sister!”

The silent, sweet stares between them were all broken, and Sahara looked up at a new face that had just ran in.

She watched, in shock, as a man took the newcomer outside by force.

So strange…

What Sahara hadn’t known, was that Band One taking the newcomer out of the room, was to say to them to not refer to the Second Prince as a Prince for now.

“I can take you somewhere, to have you regenerate your spiritual essence.” Matthew said, taking Sahara’s hand. Getting his princess out of this room, seemed like a great idea right now!

Sahara had to admit, it was too loud here, as she was not able to concentrate.

Letting Matthew led her, they were at the window, just about to leave through it, when the newcomer suddenly spoke loudly again, “B…Big Brother! We have not seen each other for so long…And now you are leaving?”

 

Matthew sighed. He turned towards the newcomer and said, “Forgive me, Miss Haves.”

“Hav…I thought…” This Miss Haves in question, went silent, as she saw Matthew holding hands with another person.

Shock was visible on her face, as she looked back up at Matthew, “…You used to call me Rose…”

Her voice was quiet and slightly weak, as she had said this. It seemed like she wanted to make others think that she had lost something very precious…

She indeed thought this…As she had known the Second Prince for quite some time. Her elder sister had been Isabella’s best friend and she had been able to be around her elder sister quite a few times when the Second Prince was around. Having already thought that when she was going to reach marriageable age, she had decided to talk to Isabella and ask to enter into the Second Prince estate…But that hadn’t happened…Afterwards, things got worse and her dream of marrying the Second Prince had been on hold still to till this day! She was the closest female to the Second Prince! And now he had gone from calling her ‘Rose’ to ‘Miss Haves’!

 

Sahara looked at ‘Rose’ and then at Matthew, and boy were they on different wavelengths!

Matthew seemed to be saying, ‘I don’t want to talk to you’ with his actions and the look on his face. Whereas this ‘Rose’ looked at him with wide, flirtatious eyes, that seemed to want to eat him up…And that was just her eyes!

Honestly, it was written everywhere that she wanted Matthew! She might as well be a giant poster with letters, for all Sahara could see…Sometimes, it’s what people didn’t say, that would become the most obvious…

Actually, Sahara could understand Matthew’s dislike towards her, because of the way she looked at him. It really was a little scary…

Even though Sahara was particularly observant, it seemed that others knew of Miss Haves being like this as well, as she heard a couple of knowing sighs.

 

The General slightly panicked to the ‘new couple’ who seemed to be just staring at Rose and decided to get Rose’s attention.

“Did you not see me at all…Little sister-in-law!?” The General yelled.

Rose took a moment to tear her eyes away from Matthew, to look at her brother-in-law, “Ah, Brother-in-law, you are much better! When I heard that elder sister had left The Seedling Substance, I was worried!”

“Yes, well, what’s the point of staying there if she had found someone to help me, uh!?” The General said bluntly and full of pride.

It had already been a question, on how the young healer had come to be here. The General, not knowing that his wife was really the one who brought Sahara to his bed, gave all the praise to his dear wife, whether it was true or not!

4