CHAPTER 54 **Finding a Friend**
38 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sahara’s plan was to find the kitchen, so she happily followed the ‘silver token’ towards it.

After she got there, she walked in, and found a huge area that held quite a few people walking around.

“Hey! This is off limits, get out!” One of them yelled at her. Most of the time they were a lot more polite, but this particular person was a bit pissed off today!

Stepping back, Sahara smiled guilty, “Sorry.”

Turning around, she nearly bumped into somebody, but was quick enough to get out of the way. “Sorry.”

There were too many people in there anyway! Even if she was hungry, she’d probably prefer to wait until they were all gone…

Once outside of the kitchen, though, Sahara realized that she hadn’t seen any younger people and she was a little stumped, isn’t the kitchen where we eat?

…Wait! It probably isn’t! Haha, what an idiot!

Finding a tree quite a few meters away, Sahara walked towards it. With no one around she took out her token and looked at it…Then looked back at the kitchen.

 

Not only did it give her a little bit of reminiscence from the past, but she was running a little low of food in her ‘storage’.

I’ll just take a little bit…

Putting the token away and bringing out a star instead, Sahara sent it into the kitchen and made several transferal trips of teleporting food to herself and putting it into her ‘storage’. After she had finished, several stars that had fallen into the kitchen really looked out of place, but no one could answer upon why they were there…

Thinking that this will be the last time that she stole something, Sahara decided that she should wait to get money and finally buy some food!

It really was a mystery on how much food she could store, and there were other things that she needed as well. Sahara really needed to make pills as soon as possible!

I must try to do them tomorrow! If I can’t teleport the pills out of the token area, I’ll have to upgrade my token…Sumhow…Haha, yeah couldn’t help that! That’s right! I still have to read the plaque that I stole!

Sighing, Sahara brought out the token once again, asking it to take her to the ‘eating place’, or ‘dining area’.

 

Now that Sahara had found where she had to go to eat for the next day, which reminded her of a normal, general eating area, she didn’t see too much more to look at. So, she happily moved on to look around.

Sahara found that it was too busy there and that if she wanted to find a teleport area, it will have to be elsewhere.

Leisurely walking towards an area that she thought wouldn’t be popular, Sahara, instead, found students that were hiding behind a wall.

Stopping in her tracks, she peeked at them.

“That’s nothing to him, I don’t have that much guts!”

“It’s not guts, I’m ganna be strong one day! You’ll see!”

“There’s no way you’ll beat him! Last month you were slaughtered!”

“I practiced! Look, my eyes are all black!”

Laughter was heard, “And if he practiced too? Seriously, why do you battle him every single month! Are you crazy!?”

 

…Sahara didn’t hear the next part because it sounded like the one being questioned reverted to mumbling.

More laughter was then heard and then a voice, “Fine! Just don’t get angry at me when I laugh at you again!”

“You’re supposed to cheer me on, you bastard!”

More laughter and Sahara rolled her eyes, it looked, and sounded like three boys were talking about some kind of battle that happened every month.

“I’ll show you! One day I’ll get him down and then what will you do!? Ah! I want you to buy me something!”

“Oh! You know what! If you beat the black knight, I’ll definitely buy you something!”

“Food! You buy me food!”

“Fine, Fine!”

 

Walking away, Sahara ventured elsewhere.

Shaking her head, she wondered what ages those boys were and what they were talking about.

She honestly was curious about this ‘battle’ and really wanted to see how the people of her age fought here!

Would I find someone to spar with? Will I even be able to beat anyone? Haha, and this will probably include cultivation too!

As her interest grew, Sahara found herself stopping in a place that was secluded.

Oh! Haha, that’s right! I was looking for a place to teleport…

Doing a 360 turn, very slowly, Sahara found minimal people close by, and that this area was half boxed in. It was a little pavilion that seemed quite nice, as a breeze flew around her.

Ah! I like it here.

 

Outside of this opened place, there were some well-placed trees, flowers and plants.

Well, for now it’ll do. But…Just in case, I’ll teleport outside of the pavilion.

Walking around to the other side of the wall, Sahara sees a tree and that was it.

Perfect! I’ll look for a second teleportation spot, next time.

Taking her token out, Sahara felt a map in her mind, for where she was in the academy, and memorized it. And…It was to the side of the eating area and ‘Dispersion’ place. It was about the same amount of travel to both places.

 

Teleporting away from the Academy, and back to the horse paddock at the General’s estate, Sahara didn’t think that she would have missed out on someone waiting for her at the front of the academy, to see how her first day went…But the poor person will only wait to see that no one will come…

Naruto had run off almost straight away, leaving Sahara all by herself, as the horses seemed to have gone elsewhere as well.

Sahara cleansed herself thoroughly and even changed her clothes. She then practiced her Martial Arts and then decided to properly cultivate with her stars, as she hadn’t done that for a while, and…The fact that she was so close to ‘dinging’!

But…Sahara had not foreseen that she would find someone with her green, small star that she’d met once before. This particular person was running wildly, out beyond the capital…

 

Seeing her golden eyed friend in such a state, really did bring Sahara’s red and glowing eyes back. When she had looked from above, to find him being attacked by five men, that had come jumping out before him, Sahara hadn’t known it was him.

After he had dispatched those guys, so that they were laying on the ground, some of them not moving, he quickly continued to run off and that was when Sahara had noticed his eyes and saw that familiar, shoulder length hair.

Not long after he ran away, and she was wondering what was going on, she found more people chasing after him…And one of them, was a…Golden eyed person himself…

There’s…Another one? What’s going on!?

Flying her star closer to her friend, Sahara sees that he’s about to be ambushed, yet again, and she felt her instincts take over.

Transferring her spiritual essence from the star and into one of her friend’s hair, Sahara strengthened and secluded it and then flowed through the air very quickly, as she made way for her friend.

Sahara had not any idea who those people were, yet, she will most likely never find out, as little holes had passed through every single one…

Taking a deep breath, her eyes glowed a brilliant red, as she teleported herself to be in front of her friend.

 

Sahara wanted him to see her and trust her, and she held out her hand to him, as he suddenly saw her when he was running closer.

Nodding her head, to acknowledge him, Sahara waited impatiently for him to touch her on his own accord.

Having stopped in front of Sahara, he had questioning eyes and she looked beyond him, to see others come into view, “I won’t harm you.”

What she called her ‘friend’, looked back to see his pursuer’s coming closer. He was a little stumped on what to do.

She sees the other golden eyed pursuer come closer and she glared at him, narrowing her eyes.

What a bloody bully! How dare he hurt my friend!

 

The golden eyed pursuer was stunned to see a glowing red eyed, young lady, as he came to an abrupt halt and stared back at her like there was nothing else to look at, even forgetting what he was currently doing…

It was a strange standoff, obviously there was about ten against two, yet they stood there stock still just staring…

In the mood that Sahara was in, she opened her hand, to let a piece of her hair loose and she teleported it to the back of the men that were behind the golden eyed pursuer.

Having heard noise behind him, the golden eyed pursuer frowned and looked behind him. One by one, people fell to the ground, and he couldn’t believe what was going on!

Looking back at the luscious, beautiful girl, he breathed in rapidly and felt killing intent so strong that he fled!

 

Sahara frowned, then looked at her friend. Seeing him in such a bad condition, Sahara sighed, bringing out some food and water for him. Seeing that she had food, she was pretty happy that she had stolen it earlier…

He nodded slowly to Sahara and took the food and water.

Again…He had questions, yet, never asked any of them…

Sitting down, Sahara took out a star and looked at the area from over the top, seeing in the distance that the golden eyed pursuer was still heading in the opposite direction and that there seemed to be nobody else nearby.

Opening her eyes, to see her friend also sitting and eating, Sahara said, “You should be safe now.”

Seeing that he was still hungry, Sahara got out some more food and added her spiritual essence into it.

She was going to search his body, no if, but’s or maybe’s!

When he took the food, Sahara closed her eyes again, and saw that the poison that was there last time, was still there, only having spread a small amount. Then there were new cuts and his dantian was only a quarter full, making Sahara think that he must have been on the run for a while…

Glad that she was able to intervene, Sahara went to leave his dantian but found a strange golden thread, that lead towards his head…

 

Unknowingly, Sahara frowned and the man beside her saw it. Staying particularly observant, just in case, he had no idea what this girl wanted and was unable to understand her at all!

As he thought about why someone he doesn’t even know, would want to help him, to the extent of killing about fifteen people, he felt somewhat strange. There hadn’t been many people that had been nice to him…

Suddenly, he felt a loss, as if something had been broken!

Widening his eyes, he looked at the girl and stopped breathing. He wanted to talk, but he didn’t know what to say.

Sahara opened her eyes then and guiltily looked at him, “Uh, it’s like you had a tracker on you.”

Absolutely flabbergasted, the man had his mouth wide opened in shock!

“Mmm, I cut it, so now the tracker stopped. Come with me and I’ll heal you.”

Touching him, without his consent, Sahara teleported them back to the General’s estate.

 

Straight away, the man stood up and nearly fell back down, because of being unbalanced, and looked around.

Sahara could tell that he was scared, and she sat there, hoping that he would calm down after a short moment. She might have been used to the quick difference, but she knew that others didn’t teleport, and that she hadn’t even warned him beforehand…

She continued to watch him and sighed, seeing him still scared after a whole minute, “You have poison, and you need to meditate. Don’t waste your time on being scared.”

The man stared at her like she was an alien, making her want to laugh.

“Arf.”

 

Sahara turn to see Naruto, who was staring at the man and looking like he was scared.

“For crying out loud! Both of you stop being ridiculous! You, go and play for a while, and you, get your ass over here, so I can heal you!” I let out a deep breath in anguish!

Naruto looked at Sahara with puppy dog eyes, before he vanished, and then she heard a small laugh from the man.

Looking at his eyes, which were a little frightened before, show a strange new light, Sahara took the chance to point to the ground in front of her.

The man walked back slowly and sat down, not saying a word, but he seemed a little more docile now.

Putting her hand over his knee, Sahara said, “You shouldn’t be tracked anymore, so you should be able to meditate without a problem.”

Then she immersed herself into healing him.

 

***

4