CHAPTER 188 **The Price of Freedom**
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sahara’s golden shield stopped any other town from getting on fire and so Green Haven was already putting out fires and they were safe before people were being ‘sent’ from the offensive army.

So…There was no big fire that was supposed to surround the capital…There was no ‘trapped’ Emperor and…

The people being sent and flown towards Green Haven were an ‘enemy’ to Green Haven, so…Upon touching the Golden shield, that was now half around Green Haven…The person would immediately die, being split into a thousand pieces. This is also what happened to the conscious that would have been inside the fire balls that had hit the golden shield earlier…Their conscious completely retreated and left the caster to feel disoriented. They could have warned the people that something was wrong, but they could not come up with what, why or how, especially when they felt so strange.

 

The golden shield…It was like a living being. How did it know what to do, who to save, how to become a dantian, the answer is that it was living, it was just another color of spiritual essence…A boss…A king of spiritual essence!

The whole reason that the golden spiritual essence can do so much and practically defend against anything is exactly this reason…

The King of spiritual essence will cancel any other spiritual essence, even if it has elemental power added into it, it will also defend against blows that isn’t spiritual essence simple because of its in-depth value upon its master. Matthew’s dantian may not defend Sahara, like it does Matthew, unless it is willed to do so. Green Haven is the barrier’s master and so anything that comes with ill intent will be destroyed if it comes into contact with the barrier. This was the reason why Golden Haven was so precious, this was why Golden Emperors were always the King of King’s…

The only problem was, normal Golden Heirs and Golden Emperor’s didn’t have their own golden dantian, so they missed out upon the Golden Sword and being a true master of the King of spiritual essence!

 

***

 

Sahara fell to the ground and breathed heavily, her chest rising and falling rapidly.

As far as she was concerned, putting a gold shield around half of Green Haven really should be enough and well…She desperately needed a break!

What she had not thought possible, was that Kin came in handy. She had never thought that he would have so much spiritual essence when he was so young but strangely enough, it was there.

Was it because he was a True Golden heir?

…But Christian didn’t have some type of second or endless dantian, so…Oh wait, Christian wasn’t like Kin.

Sahara couldn’t think further as she put a hand through her hair, only to come up with a hair tie and tied it up. What she did think of is that the earth moving, and the rumbling sounds, reminded her of a specific lot of movies from her earth days that had dinosaurs in it!

Rolling her eyes and feeling a drop fall off her face, Sahara groaned.

She was so exhausted!

 

With a huge bang, the earth felt like it shattered beneath both the Green Haven and the offensive army. Even in the far, far distance, in Purple Haven, the earth trembled slightly, and a noise could be heard outside of the Haven…

Sahara turned over and saw that the Divine Beast, still quite in the distance, suddenly had fallen over.

Wanting to see what was going on, Sahara tried to look but nearly fainted!

She might have never ending spiritual essence, but it didn’t mean that she could use it all at once…Her human body was letting her down right now!

The fight wasn’t over, she had to quickly refresh herself and get back into the fight!

“Me too…”

With a white pill nearly in her mouth, she turned to Christian and gave out a small huff.

Giving him one and seeing him go into meditation, Sahara placed one in her mouth too, putting all her trust in Steven.

‘I need your help.’ Sahara said in her mind, knowing that this was rare, but it couldn’t be helped.

‘Master?’

‘Help me ingest this pill quicker!’ She stated, ‘As you see it’s not…’

‘We can’t change time, master, all we can do is quicken what spiritual essence is coming towards you.’

 

Time…

Always a problem!

Letting the army come close was against her idea of prevention! Yet, people still needed to have freedom of choice…But what has this freedom of choice cost!?

Come on, hurry up!

It didn’t take long though, for Sahara to see a difference. The spiritual essence usually slowly came to you but in contrast to what was going on this time, it might as well have been slow motion!

As soon as the pill used its magnetic type of pull, the spiritual essence would then quickly come to her and fill her dantian up.

She had been empty too long and it really was a wonder how she had done so much on an empty dantian!

Now…Now it was quickly filling up, opposed to slowly filling up…

The problem was, as the pill had gotten close by spiritual essence, it worked slightly different to what Sahara was used to. Seeing the spiritual essence come from further away, she finally started to see a bit more upon how the pill worked, which gave her something to think about while waiting.

 

***

 

Matthew wiped the blood out of his eyes and dodged the transparent beast that was making it intolerably hard to survive.

It is true that they had tripped the Divine Beast, but it seemed that was enough for the shamans to become serious. They had used their shamanistic cultivations to bring back the dead beasts, which in turn had made the allies strike at themselves in panic.

They learnt quickly that the transparent beasts were not one that can actually touch anything, it’s main act was to get you against one another, and it had killed at least fifty of them in finding that out!

It really was a sad, sadistic trait that made them, the enemies, loss nothing while the allies lose many!

Too much had happened, and Matthew was having trouble trying to keep up to date with everything. All attacks upon the Divine Beast had momentarily stopped but…Killing the shamans would probably be better anyway…What would a Divine Beast be like if it isn’t mind controlled?

Matthew really didn’t have any time to wonder about this question as he stopped an ally killing another ally and raced towards a shaman that wasn’t paying direct attention to him.

They needed to kill the shaman’s!

 

With so little men, Matthew quickly went back to defense upon striking only one shaman down and did the same again by saving an ally and going towards an unsuspecting shaman and striking them down.

“General!”

Matthew turned and saw two allied men just crouching down at what…At what already looked like a dead body.

Swallowing, Matthew tried not to think about what happened and tried to pay attention but as he defended against a transparent attack, he could only picture what the body on the ground looked like.

There was a deep gash right through the mid-section of the body and…So much blood…

Rage filled in Matthew’s core and his eyes glowed a golden color, as he no longer could hold it back!

With a deep urge to help his comrades, Matthew used a special technique that used his sword as a shield as he flew with it in front of him. He could hardly feel himself as he slashed through several shamans, killing them in moments as his shield acted as his attack move.

He couldn’t fly forever, but he was able to do this move recently and giving it all he had, Matthew could hardly remember killing whatever was falling to the ground.

 

Coming up to the body of what was known as the General’s, as all the transparent beasts disappeared, Matthew fell to his knees. “…Shaun…”

“The shaman used some…Some type of weird…” A muffled voice sounded behind him, as he picked up the body of the General.

Before another word or action could be placed, Matthew lost his footing and fell over to the loud noise and rumbling of the earth.

The Divine Beast was starting to stand back up!

Right, Matthew thought, wiping his face, the fight wasn’t over yet!

“Take his body back to…” Matthew looked up and over at Green Haven, as he was now standing. He saw the gold all over the shield and a moment of surprise went over him.

Suddenly, everyone in the vicinity of where Matthew was, lost their hearing as the Divine Beast let out a loud, terrifying roar!

Green Haven, only being blocked by half of the Divine Beast’s roar, still obtained some damage as some buildings fell. Anything that didn’t hold cultivation in it when it had been made…Broke apart…Even the people without cultivation lost their hearing. It was like an attack upon anything without cultivation…

 

Matthew, now unable to hear a single thing, didn’t see this.

He looked up at the kneeling Divine Beast and took in a deep breath.

How had a Golden Emperor used a Divine Beast?

Matthew might have had his own little book, but he knew he was missing out on a lot of things that the Golden Emperor would have had in a library.

He was a True Golden Heir, he was probably also the last chance for his comrades down here to escape…He had to do something!

Just as Matthew was determined to think that he was good enough to fight the huge beast…It suddenly disappeared…

Seeing Sahara laying down in a flop in front of him, Matthew blinked and nodded.

Thank you!

Just a moment later, after he regained himself, Matthew turned to the General’s body and gave it to a man and pointed to the gold shield of Green Haven.

He had tried to talk but the person who was in front of him shook his head to state the same as what Matthew was experiencing…That they really couldn’t hear anything…

Nothing…

Seeing the lifeless body of the General and his men run off, Matthew turned back to Sahara and stopped, stunned for a moment.

 

The spiritual essence from all the dead shamans around was flowing into Sahara and she was now in a seated position and closing her eyes.

Even though he said her name, he didn’t hear his own voice and he sat down beside her.

She was the main part in this war…Without her, they had no chance!

That Divine Beast might not have done much to Green Haven itself, because of the barrier, but they probably wouldn’t even bothered going out of the barrier without Sahara. The offensive army would have had Green Haven by now if it wasn’t for the golden shield!

But…It wasn’t over yet, was it…

Matthew looked into the horizon and wondered what the offensive army was doing…

Feeling a hand move his head, Matthew saw that Sahara was talking to him, but he didn’t know what she was saying. He shook his head and put a hand to his ears, to state that he couldn’t hear her.

Seeing her close her eyes, with a hand to his ears, Matthew waited.

Did he expect her to heal him? Had he thought that all is good?

When he still didn’t get his hearing back, seeing Sahara frown, Matthew also frowned…What was wrong?

1