CHAPTER 12 **First Encounter!**
94 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

…Suddenly, something caught Sahara’s eye and she felt that her instincts told her to go there. She had gotten used to these invisible urgings in her past life…And to explain that in a basic way would probably lean towards having a funny feeling that seemed right…

Honestly, Sahara spoke to quite a few people in her past life about these instincts of hers and she felt like she was some strange person because of them. So, Sahara didn’t talk about them much more before she died, but she still religiously followed them…

 

Not every time does she understand her instincts because they might lead her somewhere that she didn’t need to go, or they would want her to get something that she shouldn’t have or need, but it didn’t matter as she continued to walk in the direction that she felt like she ‘needed’ to go in!

No doubt, there’s a reason why she had to go there! It might not show something good out of it for years, but it had to be done. Sahara must follow her instincts!

The last big thing that happened to her when she wasn’t able to do as her instincts ‘stated’ was being dragged as a defenseless baby to the front of the estate by her own brother…

I don’t want bad luck!

So, what her instincts led her too…Was a tavern, and she had noticed that she had not had a drink in a very long time!

 

 

Sahara was only slightly addicted to alcohol in her past life, not having it interfere in paying the bills or any other necessities. She was pleasantly curious as well, on how it would taste here on this other planet and she went straight to a waitress, asking for light alcohol.

The waitress looked at her strangely, “We don’t sell alcohol to children.”

“Pretend.” Was all Sahara stated in return.

The waitress laughed, “Humph, what an odd one you are. This cannot be done, little miss.”

A man then came up and said, “What’s the problem?”

I looked at him and bluntly said, “Light alcohol, please.”

The man was stunned for a moment, and then laughed.

 

Sahara had attracted attention to herself, and a few other people looked at her and also laughed.

The man smiled, “Are you meaning milk instead, my dear?”

“No.” It wasn’t her fault that he assumed that she didn’t know what she was talking about!

“My apologies, but we can’t be a tavern with the reputation of selling alcohol to children. I think it’s best that you left, my dear.”

The man tried to usher Sahara away, but she could only stand still, look at him and pout.

The man sighed and bent to her height, “Young miss…”

Sahara interrupted him by quietly saying, “Take me somewhere no one else is, and let me drink.”

The man shook his head, “I can only offer milk to the young miss, that’s of course if you decide to stay.”

Clenching her fists, Sahara unintendedly let loose of her cultivation base, which in turn let everyone close by know upon what level she was, and the man stepped back in astonishment.

 

“I am trying to calm myself and I require your assistance…Sir!” Sahara said through a clenched jaw. “Does it only look like I’m a child? Have you not met someone before who could actually be older than they appear? Do you know for sure that I am only the age I look!?”

Just give me a bloody drink!

Another voice suddenly interrupted, “Do as she says, I’ll watch her.”

Flicking silver into the other man’s hands, the new intruder looked over at the young lass.

“Ye…Yes, my lord.”

 

Sahara look up to find that the person who just talked…

Seeing his face…Sahara looked again. It really was quite handsome!

He seemed like the CEO or prince’s that used to be on the cover of books! They were all sexy and handsome…And that was the first thing that she thought of when she looked at him the second time…

He showed a very slight uplift with his lips, which seemed to make him look more charming. It was the first time that Sahara thought that he was as beautiful as what they normally say in books!

He would make a good main character!

 

Sahara was lured away by both men and put in a personal room on the second floor.

The second man leisurely sat down, after they were left alone, and she openly looked at him…

She really could not deny it! He was like candy for the eyes!

A main character to the book, ‘Candy for the eyes.’…Or ‘I’m real, do touch.’ Haha.

“…Looked enough?”

Raising her eyebrows, Sahara let out a sigh, “Eyes are a source for gaining memories.”

“They may see what one shouldn’t see.” Stated the handsome man opposite her.

Sahara took a small moment to think, then replied, “Good and bad is a part of life. One cannot just live in good terms, being able to ‘see’ bad should be an experience for life too.”

 

Both Sahara and the young, handsome man stared at each other, almost like they were wanting to speak and see who could win at something!

After thinking and staring enough, the man sighed, “You indeed have more mature thoughts then what your body states in age.”

Sahara smiled, “Then my eyes are no longer in trouble?”

“Your eyes are connected to your head!” The man stated, trying to look at her in an angry way.

Letting out a small laugh, Sahara hit herself with her hand and put on a show of her hand apparently having acted out on its own!

He tried not to let it get to him, but he shook his head and looked away, a small smile on his lips…

 

Smiling while he was looking away, Sahara then went to the window.

What’s the point of looking, I’ll probably never see this main character again! Compared to him I’m like a character that doesn’t even have a name…Hell, I might not even be in the book!

Silence fell inside of the room, and Sahara happily sat on the window seal, not caring too much for etiquette.

“Do I not deserve thanks?”

Matthew had been sitting here for a while, waiting. Normally females tend to want his attention and flirt with it, but this lass was the opposite. It was actually a nice change for him, not to worry about the flirtatious ways of woman, and be able to sit in a room with one with none of those troubles. The only thing she had done was stare openly without guilt, but after that…Sigh…He felt as though he’s been totally dismissed!

 

Matthew started to get more interested in her calm, laid back stature and used his spiritual essence to try and have an idea on what she was feeling. Strangely, he didn’t see too much that was out of order and retracted his spiritual essence and continued to watch her. After these few silent minutes, he couldn’t take it anymore, it was like he didn’t exist!

And that was why he had broken the silence by asking for a thank you! Normally he was not so forthright about manners simply because he had more pressing matters but…He needed a reason to say something to this girl!

Sahara finally turned to the man and bluntly said, “Thank you.”

When she turned back to the window, she heard him let out a small laugh.

Silence filled the room once again, until the drinks arrived.

 

Sahara put her hand out, not intending to get up.

Both males stared at her, making her impatient!

“It’s called customer service.”

The one holding her drink looked angry, but the other man laughed heartily.

After Sahara finally got her drink, she looked at it. Distractedly, she gave her thanks, before she smelled the liquid. Then, Sahara tasted a small amount and made a face, to which she heard laughter again.

Looking up, Sahara smiled cheekily, then drank a whole mouthful, surely making her look like an alcoholic!

Yeah, I miss that too…

 

The booze was very different to modern day Earth alcohol! On Earth there was wooden, sealed, oak and many more flavors…Here, it felt like they had an extra flavor that Sahara had never tasted before. The alcohol wasn’t like a bourbon or a rum, it was more like a scotch.

That’s right, they probably don’t even have soft drinks here hey…

It had been a while since Sahara had even thought of soft drinks, as if you didn’t want water here there was still tea and she had been happy with that.

Sahara sighed, as she then continued to look out the window again.

 

This lass is a strange one!

The man still in the room watched the girl as he also drank. Having done his incognito and discrete business, he was quite willing to continue to stay here for now. Seeing how interesting this little lass was, he wasn’t sure when he would continue with his plans to what he would have done, before he had seen her.

How can she be a second rank cultivator at such an age!? That’s right, she stated something about being older than they appear. Could she really already be an adult?

Still unable to work out her good fortune of being able to be a second rank cultivator, he drank some more.

Actually, he felt very much at ease, even though there was only silence. It was such a strange concept to think that a little girl could actually be someone that could make him feel this way…

 

For a short time, Matthew had thought his refreshing feelings of ease was because of being in the room instead…

What he didn’t think, was that his eyes seemed to like this girl very much. Yet, he knew that she was not at marriageable age…Well, her body showed that she wasn’t at marriageable age.

He couldn’t deny the fact that she had made him laugh. It wasn’t even like she was trying to either, she did it by just being…Herself.

Perhaps I should look into this little lass…

For a moment, Matthew was surprised that he hadn’t thought about his problems since coming into the room. And he couldn’t even remember the last time that he had laughed so easily…

Probably when Isabella…

Giving a small snort, he felt a bit of disbelief. War was just outside this room! Yet…Inside…

He then continued to stare at the lass, still sitting on the window seal and looking through the window.

 

 

An hour went by, and Sahara felt great!

Seeing such a different scene then the usual, and being happily drunk, she felt like singing!

Sahara didn’t sing well, but once she started, she kept going and forgot that there was another person in the room…

The songs weren’t of this time and place, and he sat there listening curiously, wondering from where the songs had come from.

She did fumble and not know some words, so she would suddenly go from singing to humming instead. For the man watching, it was quite a spectacle, as he had to contain his laughter. He didn’t want to interrupt her and stop this easy-going flow!

But…He did occasionally furrow his eyebrows sometimes to her voice! Shaking his head, he wasn’t able to stop one small chuckle escape from his lips.

This lass is like a fresh breeze in spring…Who is she?

Watching her, his curiosity continued to grow…

 

***

 

 

When Sahara felt the certain, sudden urge to go home, she stopped singing and got up.

Feeling slightly tipsy, Sahara just smiled. This smile was seen and thought of as extremely beautiful.

Matthew felt his heart flutter to the sudden appearance of such a face. He hadn’t really thought much of her face before now, because the lass seemed to look like she was frowning…All the time…

But once this smile hit her face, she lit up the whole room!

 

Her simple attire seemed to stand out now that she stood up and Matthew roamed her figure in a more detailed manner.

She had long, brown hair hanging down, which wasn’t really looked upon well in this kind of era. See, Sahara did already know about the different hairstyles and all. Some for little children, some for unmarried and then some for married but Sahara had spent so much time inside the residence and coming out today had been on a whim and she hadn’t thought nothing of her hair…

Matthew noticed that her hair wasn’t straight, and seemed as light as a feather, as it glided down from when she had suddenly stood up…Almost making him think of a deity…An Immortal…

Snapping out of unnecessary thoughts, Matthew then took in her dress, which didn’t come across as a rich type, more like a skirt…

 

Matthew widened his eyes to noticing for the first time that this lass’s attire was not what female’s generally wear. It looked…Very different.

Pants could be seen, as they covered her legs, yet the skirt she had on only looked like it went all the way down because it was the same color as her pants. Her top was loose, perhaps a size too big, yet, with all of this, it seemed that she was very…Comfortable.

But Matthew wasn’t sure whether he liked this outfit, even though it still looked feminine. It didn’t help her figure at all!

Sighing, in a small amount of displeasure, he wondered what she would look like in real lady clothes…

6