CHAPTER 26 **Dual Wielding!**
69 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The other thing, that Sahara was happy about, was being able to train with Martial Arts again. After her poison was finally purged out of her body, Sahara dived straight into training once again. She knew that she would still need it and sincerely didn’t want to always depend on teleporting all the time.

Sahara was one that wanted to make backup plans and knew that things could potentially happen…You know, like, prevention is the best medicine type of thing.

In one case, she might not have any spiritual essence to teleport, and that was enough for her to, indeed, put more effort into her training.

 

So, Sahara got back into the habit of being active once again and lost the small amount of weight that she had gained.

She also started another type of training, that she hadn’t tried before. She wanted to duel wield, knowing that holding two swords…Well, it was better than holding one…Right? One plus one equals two…

That was her reason…

Well, Sahara remembered some awesome characters in anime that could dual wield, and she was like, ‘so wanna do that!’

Well, why not!? We are all here to experience stuff, right? Good, bad…Out of our control and something that might only be learnt by a few…Let’s just wish her luck!

 

At first, she strengthened her other arm first, making sure that her muscles and wrist could take on the training. Then made similar moves that her normal hand makes when holding a sword, as she was doing this, she tried to enhance her speed through burning some spiritual essence. After a while of trying to do her moves more naturally, with both hands coordinating together, Sahara started to hold a sword in both hands. Of course, one sword was awesome, as it was one that she put into her ‘storage’ that she’s had for quite a few years.

The good sword was a memento from Talon, that he had given her when she had turned ten years old. Seriously though, a sword at ten! This planet sometimes rocked!

But the other sword…At first, it was a stick. Sahara had upgraded it into a wooden, handmade sword a little later, but it wasn’t really made well. So…She wasn’t really happy with that!

 

Sahara had gone to the ‘shops’ already once, so she had to go again to get a better sword!

Being so high up in the air was quite chilly, so she had to go back to the outer towns of Green Haven to get more clothes, so that she could stay warm. She felt bad about picking up all these necessities, as she had stolen them…

She put into her mind the faces of the owners of the ‘shops’ and told herself that she must come back and repay them sometime.

But her trip back there was short, and she had returned back to her residence within two days, as she had used her nifty teleportation skill.

The second time when she went back for her second sword, she didn’t get anything spectacular, but she had to get a good look at the shop owner, as the sword was quite expensive…

 

After Sahara had gotten her other sword, she practiced diligently and even went against beasts to strengthen herself and get used to holding two weapons.

She had thought that it was going to be hard, and sometimes it was. But since birth…Well, the first birth…She had been quite adaptable of thinking of more than one thing at a time and thus it helped her grow in knowing how to swing with not just one arm but with two. Not only being able to think of how to use both hands in separate situations, but Sahara was also able to try and plan on how to defeat what was in front of her, all at the same time.

 

Sahara had once read upon the training of dual wielding in a book, but she hadn’t brought it with her. So, all of this was of her own memory of what was written in it. And you know what her memory is like…It’s bad…So, even though she thought she was doing alright, if she were to go to a teacher, they’d probably spend quite an amount of time with her to make her better. Sahara had one thing going for her, which was being able to mirror her normal attack and make her moves more ‘natural’…But that in itself could actually be wrong as if she naturally learns something than to break that habit, she will then have to unlearn it and so…Her dual wielding was indeed very unique.

Luckily, she was a natural at basic instinct, as her natural instincts guided her further in training. And, since she was so determined in learning this trait, Sahara became better and better at it, till she was able to take on a beast a rank higher than herself and not run away or teleport. Her unique dual wielding might work on beasts, it might be able to defend their attacks and scrap a strike somewhere but that didn’t mean that she would win every fight, especially against another human…

 

Knowing of what she had achieved, Sahara was so happy!

Naruto seemed to pick on her happiness and ran around in circles, before chomping on the dead beast to get his fill, which only made things easier to leaving the rest behind, so at least it fed someone…

As she watched the little shithead eat, Sahara looked around at the vast land area…

Having mapped out practically all the land around her now, from this mountain that she now called her own, Green Haven was to the east and Purple Haven was to the southeast. But even though her stars flew further away than before, she had not seen any other ‘Havens’ and truly wondered how big this planet really was!

 

***

 

There was something else that Sahara had accidentally come across as well. She wasn’t too sure if it was because she had ‘dinged’, to be a fourth ranked cultivator, or if it was just another thing that she might have ‘found’ that she could do as a ‘present for dinging’, but didn’t think of it until now…

What happened was that Naruto was getting in her way and she had thought to make him smaller…

Yeah…He almost disappeared…But! Through this, Sahara tried it on…Herself.

…Her boobs got bigger…

Haha!

 

Sahara put some spiritual essence in a little bit of liquid and looked around her boobs, and found that nothing bad had happened to them, since they had been enlarged by force.

Honestly, it did flabbergast her a bit to know this…She means, forcing something to enlarge or go smaller…Wouldn’t it be something that would…

Questions filled her mind on how this all worked, reminding her of when she read manga, and the talking bubbles that just had a squiggly line in it…That was her mind at that moment! Then, Sahara lost focus, while she was picturing herself in a manga…She was someone with a squiggly bubble, with another person in the bubble with another squiggly bubble…

She laughed at herself.

See, I really didn’t need anyone, I am my own entertainment!

 

After a short day or two of these questions and finding other things to enlarge and make smaller…Sahara had run out of spiritual essence a few times, and that was how it came to her!

Her spiritual essence seems to use up what it needs, to make sure that…‘Things’ work out…

Sahara was a bit skeptical, because spiritual essence wasn’t skin, muscle, blood and so on. It was spiritual essence!

Yet, when she went to enlarge something with a minimal amount of spiritual essence…It didn’t enlarge at all!

That was the only conclusion that she could come up with…That, somehow, spiritual essence can transform into living things, like blood vessels and muscles. But, after obtaining this kind of information, Sahara had more questions…More like, how the hell does this work!?

More bubbles with squiggly lines…

 

Contemplating on this issue for quite a period of time, Sahara came to believe that spiritual essence was actually a living thing. She had looked it up once before, a very long time ago…In a previous life, a long time ago, and now she remembered that this was like a nature…Thing…

But, thinking about this information now, Sahara believed it to be true. That even though spiritual essence seemed to be something that went into your dantian, to use with meditations. It was still living…

Does it have its own mind? Does it want something from me?

Sahara hadn’t really ever thought that through in her past at all! Did anyone ever bother to ask!?

Omigod, this is a ridiculous idea!

 

But Sahara couldn’t help it! Her curiosity was peaked, into the amount of losing one of the ‘nine’ cat lives!

After she had shaken her head, many times, and hit her head, thinking that she was silly, Sahara sat down to meditate.

Was this a first? Was this something that could be done?

Sahara shook her head again, to empty it, and focused on communicating with her spiritual essence…

…Nothing…

She felt…So stupid!

After doing this, Sahara didn’t completely give up on the idea, but decided to only spend a small amount of time in trying to communicate with her spiritual essence once every now and again.

You never know, right!

 

…So, Sahara left her boobs like that. She had only used to be an a cup before, now she was a b cup, and she felt like there was no way she’d make them any bigger than this for now!

They were comfortable for her and that was what mattered!

Sahara was used to c cups, from her last life, but now that she had training, she knew that she would prefer them smaller for convenience.

But that was the beginning of finding something new…As after that, Sahara realized that she could purify her meridians and body. She may have been able to do this before, but she hadn’t thought about it until she had…Enlarged herself and worried about her training…And…That the living could be inside her!

Yeah, she cracked a few jokes about this!

…So, Sahara was pretty sure that her spiritual essence was definitely helping her!

There’s no hand to shake though, it also seems you can’t talk to it…It’s just there like a shadow…Who came up with the word ‘spiritual essence’ anyway! Probably it needs a new name…

 

Sahara remembers reading about cleansing one’s body, from many cultivation books, and knew that it could only help her, so she ended up doing this at least once every three to four days. And, as the days passed, Sahara got used to seeing the inside of her own body. It was not what she expected though, as she could obviously zoom in and out, so it didn’t look even half as bad as she originally thought it would.

Seeing any cracks or dents, black spots or any other strange looking dots, Sahara gradually got very used to what a healthy body should look like on the inside, well at least her ‘idea’ on what a healthy body should look like...

 

Sahara fixed the flesh that she had burnt on her heel, when she had hidden in the kitchen all those years ago. She fixed a small area in her arm, from when she had been pulled to the front of the estate, and then a few other places.

Her hearing become better, her spine was without worry and her eyesight…

There was something strange about her eyes, she wasn’t too sure what it was, but since it was throughout the whole iris of both eyes, Sahara thought that it was normal. But her eyesight increased as well…

And through this, Sahara came to realize that she didn’t need to go to the stream close by to clean herself anymore! As she could do it through her meditation instead! And she was cleaner for it!

‘Bending Space’ meditation is so awesome!

But then…Sahara thought she’d still need to go there to clean her clothes…

Sigh

7