CHAPTER 179 **Was there something else to It!?**
9 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Minister…” Only one person stated out loud but that was it.

Opening her eyes to the side, she saw everyone with their mouths wide opened in complete shock!

“Emp…Your Majesty!”

From the voice beside her, she then heard noise and figured that her father had kneeled or something.

“Minister…You…You are alive!”

“I’m sorry, Your Majesty! I was…I don’t know what happened! I didn’t have a chance to retaliate and before I knew it…”

Yeah, Sahara knew…It would be weird to find out that you’re alive after being dead once before! In her father’s voice, he sounded very confused but also sounded like he had a heap of questions!

“This King must be dreaming…Or…Sahara did you make me see something that isn’t real!”

Sahara raised her eyes to her father-in-law and then stood up, looking at her father, only in the face, “I brought you back. You remember, right, being killed?”

His memory was something that the spiritual essence had been in charge of, so Sahara was wondering if that part of her father was back to normal.

Her father breathed heavily, showing his agreement by silence.

He wasn’t stupid, he knew he had died! The memory was so fresh!

How could he plainly state it though! If he really said that he had come back from the dead, right in front of the Green Haven Emperor…

“I will also try and bring back the other minister.” Sahara stated, looking back over to her father-in-law.

 

“Bring back…” Matthew muttered, still shocked to seeing the naked, head attached man in front of him.

The Emperor looked at Sahara in pure shock. He couldn’t seem to think anything at the moment, he was just seeing…Seeing something unbelievable and that was it!

He was determined to think that what he saw, coming from nothing, wasn’t real! That it cannot be done!

There were no books or any history that stated anything about bringing the dead back to life!

How could this be so, how can there be someone with this type of power!?

The Emperor thought correct, there was absolutely no one on this planet that had ever done something like this!

No, it must be that…The Minister was…In hiding and that…The head was someone else’s! Or…Could it be that Sahara had made his eyes see things that aren’t real, somehow getting into his head…

It seemed much easier for the Emperor to believe that this was all a hoax!

…Even though he had indeed watched this naked man get made…He had seen the skeleton for crying out loud!

 

Sahara could see that she had used up practically all her own spiritual essence and had absolutely no idea upon how much extra had been used to recreate an entire life.

It can’t have been a little amount, she knew that, but how much did it need to make this person back as he was just before his death?

Using a small amount of spiritual essence, Sahara got some clothes for her father and then took another white pill out, only just now seeing that she had indeed leveled up!

Well, in this place it was ranked up but to her it still meant the same thing as leveling up!

So now, she had gone to rank ten!

She’d finally made it!

How long had it taken and how many white pills had she needed to get there!?

…Not only that, why hadn’t she even noticed!? As, it seems she may have even ranked up earlier then today!

Has she really been that busy that she had no idea when she leveled up to rank ten!

Well…I’m still too busy to think much about it right now! I’ll have to have a huge party after all this is done to celebrate!

 

What Sahara had not thought of, was that it really wasn’t a good time to go back into meditation to regain her spiritual essence!

Matthew had to attach Kin to Sahara himself, and by doing so it made him look slightly shameful to his Imperial father, but…They were all getting hungry and thirsty!

They had been here, in the cold palace, for so long!

Luckily, with the sudden arise of Minister Rolland, the people were able to handle their grumbling bellies but…

Things went into drastic measures upon the Bands seeing someone coming towards them, from their positions outside the cold palace, reminding them that two ministers were originally trapped here earlier!

If one is trapped and confined, then someone else will most definitely come to fed them and that’s what those people were on the way to do…Or so it seemed…

 

Having to quickly find a place to hide, there wasn’t long before the two eunuchs came through the door, only seeing the two same Ministers that were there originally.

“Ministers, we have brought you something to eat and the His Majesty has wanted me to again offer up the chance to come to his side.”

The Ministers didn’t say much, just standing where they were, watching the eunuch’s and wishing them to leave as soon as possible!

“You still are against it?” One of the eunuch’s asked, only for the other one to smirk and turn with the meal.

“Think it over a bit longer then!” And so, the food and eunuchs disappeared…

 

After a few moments of silence, everyone crawled out what looked like the only available hiding spot that they could find and it was the Green Haven Emperor that spoke first, “That boy already thinks he’s the Emperor!”

“Indeed.” Matthew stated, carefully placing Sahara back down to continue her meditation. It was all thanks to the newly created Minister for not being found, and that was a cultivation method of using mirrors. He had learnt this from a young age and without telling anyone, even now that it was being seen by others, he was still quite useful with it…

Minister Rolland had indeed traveled another path into cultivation after learning this mirror meditation. Not only was it what helped him open up his meridians, so that he could cultivate, but he was a bit of a pervert with this meditation. Back in his teenage years he used this to watch women taking baths…I could go on about this but who wants that?

Anyway…It was not a good thing to move someone that was meditating, especially if they were ranking up in their cultivation but luckily, Sahara was not leveling up, but her concentration may have been slightly effected though, which meant that she missed out on some of the spiritual essence that the white pill had brought to her, but now she just continued to fully concentrate once again.

 

Minister Rolland came beside the Emperor and then bowed slightly, “Your Majesty, it is probably best that we let him have his way until we are completely ready to retaliate. I believe in Sahara’s power and should wait until we have more on our side…”

The Emperor interrupted him, “The longer we wait, the worse it will be. The people will be confused, and the royal family will look like fools!”

Minister Rolland continued to bow as he said, “Your Majesty, at the present moment, knowing that Prince Liam is at odds, already effecting others outside of this circle…The damage has already been done, Your Majesty. Please reconsider!”

The Green Haven Emperor looked at his bowing minister and sighed.

It had already been nearly a whole day now that the rebellion of his son had taken place and they really have not gotten many to storm the palace right now…If they were to go with who they had, it could end up as all of them dying for nothing!

They might have a powerful minister to state the decree, they might have the real Emperor still alive, that too of a Prince and a Divine Healer…They may also have two Bands, potentially getting more Bands but…Would they survive?

The Emperor would be putting in a lot of his trust in the Bands and Matthew to defend him in fighting, as well as keeping the Right Minister and the other ministers safe as well. It would not be a good thing to be surrounded and if they don’t come out in surprise, which may be the only good thing on their side, things may turn upside down quite quickly!

There was one good thing about this, and that was the some of Prince Liam’s old men have already been captured due to what had happened to Sahara because of the Empress some time ago. But…How many of them were still out there!?

 

Then, another problem was of what kind of knowledge has gone to the people of Green Haven already!

The Right Minister had stated that the situation has probably already gone out of the palace and so the Emperor wanted to find out if it was true…

“Bands, go and see what the people know, I want to see if the Right Minister is right!” The Emperor stated.

That’s right! This King still has to talk about Band One!

Both Band One and Band Two left, having been just outside the door, and so the Right Minister stopped bowing and narrowed his eyes. “Your Majesty, if it has come to pass that the new Emperor will take the throne, it is probably best to wait until an opportune moment to return.”

Matthew nodded, “If the people see that Prince Liam is not a good ruler and we slowly make ourselves known secretly within the people, it may be easier to obtain back the throne.”

The Emperor just humphed in dissatisfaction!

Wouldn’t something like that take months to accomplish!? I would like my seat back within days! No, hours!

 

***

 

With the bands going to a few places that the people of Green Haven gather at and also that of a few random houses, they came back about an hour later, not long after Sahara finished meditating.

Matthew had wanted to stop Sahara from doing whatever she wanted, simply because they thought it a bad idea to stay here much longer, so upon her finishing her meditation, he had told her to wait.

Having told her that they were going to leave this place not just because they were so close to their enemies, but because they were hungry, Sahara ended up getting a whole heap of food for them to eat and that was what they were doing upon the Bands return.

“Master.” Both of them stated, kneeling down in front of both the Emperor and Matthew.

“What is the news?” Matthew asked, but after seeing the Emperor angrily look at him, from taking his own question away, he looked away.

“You want to become Emperor so bad boy? Freeing Bands at your pleasure and now talking above me!”

Matthew blinked and remembered that he had indeed freed Band One without his approval and had just now talked like he had been the one in charge. “Of course not, Your Majesty!”

His Majesty is not in a very good mood…

Of course, the Bands should speak to the Emperor first…

“Tell this King!” The Emperor stated, after a moments silence. He didn’t need to state, ‘we’ll talk about this later!’

Matthew swallowed and bowed his head a bit, he’d forgotten what it was like when the Emperor was displeased with you!

 

Band One bowed his head, “There was indeed rumors floating around already but I had come across one house in particular that I heard news that they were doing this so that they would get more onto their side. It seems they also have another plan afterwards that I did not hear of but…Your Majesty, I don’t think they are placing news around because they think they have a fight on their hands on keeping the throne, those people never said anything about a retaliation from the likes of us.”

“This servant heard rumors too, Your Majesty. The rumors though had not gone everywhere but have thought it might take only another day or two before it becomes known to all.” Band Two stated.

Band One had done the inner area of Green Haven, that was close to the palace, and Band Two had gone at bit further away from the palace that was on the other side of where they were. Obviously, the rumors had not been heard from everyone yet…Besides, there was only so many places the Bands could quickly visit in the space of an hour…It also came to show why only one or two places were seen by Band Two, when Band One was able to find out a slightly bit more, since he was traveling less.

If they were to calculate of what they heard from the Bands and give an estimate though upon how many have already heard rumors from Prince Liam becoming the Emperor, it would be about half of Green Haven at the present moment. So, most of them there had an idea that the rumors would spread to everyone probably within two days. If that is assumed as correct, then Prince Liam can become crowned within the week, needing a minimum of three days to prepare the event…

 

The Emperor narrowed his eyes, looking at nothing in particular but going deep into thought. 

“So, he used rumors for another reason, it is most understandable. He wants to be crowned Emperor and accepted as soon as possible.” Matthew muttered, not surprised. “His history isn’t good and perhaps wants the people to think that there is no other way. Unless…”

With Matthew saying ‘no other way’, perhaps meaning there was no other ‘heir’ left but Prince Liam to become Emperor, the Emperor looked at Band One then, “Tell this King upon what they have stated about this King then.”

Band One bowed once again, “There wasn’t much the people were told when asked of Your Majesty. So even though the rumors are going around, coming from the people themselves, not everyone believes them.”

Smiling, the Emperor turned to his Right Minister, “There you have it. His weakness will be the people believing that I had died, isn’t that right?”

The Right Minister nodded, “Then we will start our plan within the people and come up with something before Prince Liam is crowned.”

Matthew frowned, thinking that it would have been better for Prince Liam to widely spread around that the Emperor had died, but why isn’t that happening? Was there something else to it?

3