Chapter 6 | Grinding
143 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Achievement: Wildlife Documenter! You fought and learned of all the monsters in your area. Bonus XP Rewarded!]

 

[Level: 9]

[Race: Young Blood Dragon ]

[Skills: [Blood Sense LV 8],[Blood Manipulation LV 9],[Blood Conversion LV 8] ]

[Sub-Skills: [Blood Phantom Lv9],[Lifeforce Conversion Lv8] ]

[Passive Skills: [Dragon Scales], [Dragon Strength] ]

[Strength:9(14)]

[Agility:18]

[Endurance:9(9)]

[Magic:27] 

[Titles: [One Who Chooses] ]

After one day of living in the forest the dragon learned it hated it here! Nothing would fight it besides the Rock Bears and every new monster it found would be insanely weak or just hide from it.

 

Natural Woodpeckers would just hide in their trees and then attack with the surrounding plant life. The dragon would have to uproot the tree and move it away from any foliage before it could even begin trying to break into its nest. 

 

Stalker Pythons would constantly try to ambush it, but the tactic never worked because of its Blood Sense. Besides that the creature would die with just one smack from its paw. 

 

Giant Turtles were by far the worst. The dragon attacked the turtle all it wanted with no interference but it would never fight back. The turtles would hide in their shell and block the entrances with stone. The dragon was never able to break the stone or their shells no matter how long it attacked.

 

The forest monsters were so annoying! At least it could get a challenge fighting the Rock Bears, but even if the dragon learned their weakness it still didn't want to try and fight a high level one. After fighting the second Rock Bear the dragon learned they could manipulate the earth. This came as a surprise since the first one didn't. The dragon could only try fighting Forest Foxes and Stalker Pythons at a higher level. The other monsters wouldn't be worth fighting at a high level because of their strong defences when the dragon could just hunt something else. 

 

The only good part about its new discoveries was the Karp. The dragon went back to its pond and trained with it two more times. The second time the Karp seemed to learn what the dragon was doing and now did not attack on sight. That was exciting! It was the first time the dragon found a monster that could be as intelligent as it was!

 

Today the dragon was going to try and see if the karp would be able to learn from it. After the first day of improvement the dragon wasn't able to get its column any bigger so it wanted to shift to practicing something else. First it would start with a blood ball and then after the fish learned how to form them, hopefully it would switch into another shape the dragon could learn how to make.

 

 

The dragon found the karp where it always was, in the only pond in the forests full of its kin. The dragon would have hunted them but it knew that pack monsters responded badly when their kin were attacked. Also they were all weaker than it and the dragon didn't want to prey on beings so weak.

 

The dragon walked up to the edge of the lake and the strong blood signal it sensed swam up to meet it. The karp looked the same as its kind only the strong blood mana the dragon sensed and its level being higher led to the dragon being able to tell it apart from the others.  

 

Immediately the dragon got to work and started to create blood balls in the air around it.

Gently floating them over the karp the dragon waited. The karp started by making a water column, it broke this down into cubes and tried to condense them into balls of water.

 

The dragon was shocked by the amount of cubes the karp was able to create. The dragon was only able to create 5 blood balls at a time but the karp created 12 cubes. While the karp was trying to change its cubes into spheres the dragon decided it would do the opposite. 

 

 

[Blood Manipulation has grown from Lv9->Lv10]

Eventually the karp had 12 water balls hovering around it while the dragon had 5 cubes. The cube was a bad shape for a projectile to take but it was helpful in raising the level of its Blood Manipulation. Having taught the karp a new shape and having learned one itself the dragon decided now would be a good time to leave and start hunting again. 

 

 

The first prey it went after was the Forest Fox. With the foxes level increasing it was getting harder for the dragon to do a surprise attack. It was able to successfully lure them to a bush but the fox with its faster speed would sometimes be able to dodge the attack. 

 

This led to a stalemate between the fox and the dragon. The dragon wasn't able to catch the fox with its fast blood balls or its above average agility. But the fox was unable to do any serious damage to the dragon. After the fox persistently attacked the dragon and saw its wounds healing it would get tired and leave. Luckily this wasn't always the case or the dragon would truly have only one prey it could hunt at a higher level.

 

[Blood Conversion has grown from Lv8->Lv9]

 

[Blood Sense has grown from Lv8->Lv9]

 

[Blood Manipulation has grown from Lv10->Lv11]

 

[You have consumed potent blood, XP Gained!]

[Level Up!]

[Strength+1,Agility+2,Endurance+1,Magic+3]

 

The second prey the dragon could hunt were Stalker Pythons. These were much easier to kill than the Forest Foxes. The pythons would always attack the dragon once it passed under the tree they were waiting on. Despite being fast the pythons were slower than the fox so the dragon didn't have any issue batting them out of the air and taking their blood.

 

[You have consumed potent blood, XP Gained!]

[Level Up!]

[Strength+1,Agility+2,Endurance+1,Magic+3]

 

[Blood Conversion has grown from Lv9->Lv10]

 

[Blood Sense has grown from Lv9->Lv10]

 

[Blood Manipulation has grown from Lv11->Lv12]

Having leveled up the dragon would normally change the level of pythons it was fighting so they would always be two levels stronger than it. But the dragon decides to go after pythons three levels higher instead. Despite the increase in speed they would get, the dragon was confident it would still be easily able to hunt them.

 

Finding a python who should be level 14 judging by its blood mana the dragon walked under its tree while looking in the opposite direction. Tracking it with Blood Sense, the dragon turned around and swung with its front leg right as the python jumped out of the tree. Normally the python being in the air would not be able to dodge no matter its speed so the dragon always won. However, right as the dragon was about to hit the python. It seemed to jump off of an invisible object in the air and was able to dodge the dragon's attack. With the speed of the python the dragon was not able to react as it landed on its neck and bit down with its fangs flashing green.  

 

The dragon expected the python's bite to do little or no damage, being so small. Instead the dragon felt a horrible pain spreading from its neck to the rest of its body. The dragon quickly knocked the python off its neck and crushed it but the damage was already done. The dragon continued to feel more pain from its neck and its limbs started to feel heavy. 

 

Having no clue what was happening, the dragon used Lifeforce Conversion to try and remedy whatever was happening but it only lessened the pain slightly. The dragon quickly drank the blood from the body of the python so it could turn it into blood mana if needed and ran back to its nest so it would have a safe place to focus entirely on what was happening to it.

 

[You have consumed potent blood, XP Gained!]

[Level Up!]

[Strength+1,Agility+2,Endurance+1,Magic+3]

 

[Achievement: Giant Slayer! You have slain multiple monsters that are higher level than you. Level Up Rewarded!]

 

[Level Up!]

[Strength+1,Agility+2,Endurance+1,Magic+3]

 

Author's Comment:

Let's just say I didn't mess up the spelling of carp...and karp is a story element.

Gonna try and put my comments in these things consistently.

3