Chapter 9 | The Diffrence
182 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

While walking the dragon inspected the human. Her hair was a pink color that reached past her shoulders and her eyes reflected this color in a dark hue. It was strange that the dragon's human form and the human in front of it were different. Most monsters it had seen were almost identical in shape. One thing was similar between the dragon and the human they had the same body shape and were of the same sex. At least for the moment. The dragon didn't have a sex in its true form but instead it was copied when its skill processed the humans form.

 

After walking in silence for a while the human seemed to get used to the dragon's presence and became bolder.  

 

“Hey so why don't you have any clothes?”

 

“My skill did not produce any during my change.”

 

“Do you live in this forest?”

 

“Yes. My nest is in one of the mountains.”

 

“Do you have a name?”

 

“No, why would I need one?”

 

Most would get annoyed by the girl's rapid pace of questions but this is what the dragon wanted, to converse and learn more about the human language. As its proficiency grew the dragon started to get curious about what type of monsters humans were.

 

“Well...People use names to refer to each other in conversation, it makes talking easier. For example my name is Kira Satō.” 

 

The dragon thought for a long time, so long that the human Kira was starting to get nervous.

 

'I see, so I need a name to continue talking to others with this language.'

 

“What makes a name?”

 

Kira smiled at the dragon.

 

“Well my last name means sugar cause all my family is sweet and kind to people. Oh, but you don't have to-”

 

The rest of Kira's words fell away as the dragon processed what she said. Many new words were said but it got the essence of what was said.

 

‘A name represents you, your actions in the world. Kira is kind so that means she usually helps others in her pack...in her village?  What actions do I take? I hunt prey. I feel pity(?) for those weaker than me. I desire strength.  But deeper I desire blood, the blood of the strong.  While hunting for my desire I will cause the spilling of blood.’

 

The dragon searched through the knowledge imprinted in its mind for a word that would relate to it. To spilling blood.

 

“Bloodshed.”

 

“-uld pick your name? Hmm?”

 

The human turned her head after hearing the dragons whisper.

 

“I will be named Bloodshed.” The dragon said and struck out its chest in pride.

 

Kira's face reddened and she turned around while scratching her cheek.

 

“You know Bloodshed isn't the name a human would have. Are you sure you won't let me pick for you?”

 

“Why would I need a human name?”

 

“Well...We need to hide the fact that you're a dragon once we reach the village.”

 

“Why do I need to hide? And do all humans live in a village together or is it just your pack?”

 

The dragon had encountered pack animals before so it understood the concept of a similar race living together.

 

“No, it is not just my village. All human-like races live in groups and avoid hostility with each other. We need to hide the fact that you are a dragon and a monster or you will be attacked.  Even if you did save me. It's better to disguise as a human and use the name I thought of. It's a Really good one!” Kira said and lifted her chin up. It's a pity the dragon was currently having another world ending change in its mind.

 

‘Humans aren't monsters!? Is that why they have a language and monsters don't? The Karp is intelligent , I am intelligent but until I took human form I didn’t have a language.’

 

The dragon had to ask.

 

“Kira, why aren't humans monsters?” The dragon's voice came out exhausted. 

 

“Hmm, because humans are intelligent and monsters aren't?”

 

“But I am a monster and I'm smart.”

 

“Umm, I guess it's the difference between humans having a class and monsters not having one.

 

“A class?”

 

“Ya? Didn't you inspect me earlier?”

 

Instead of asking the obvious, the dragon one again looked for Kira’s level and race.

 

[Kira Satō. Race: Human. Class: Fire Samurai Lv 10]

 

Noticing the dragons' look Kira beamed proudly.

 

“That's definitely the difference, a monster doesn't have a class and most can't even level up!.”

 

The dragon noticed something strange with what Kira said but it would have to deal with its curiosity later. There was a more pressing matter.

 

“Kira. If humans have a class and monsters don't then won't I be revealed once someone inspects me?”

 

“Ahh…”Kira got flustered and quickly inspected the dragon. But what she sees is different from what was expected.

 

[Information Befuddlement reacting…]

[Information is being distorted to fit the current form…]

 

[Bloodshed. Race: Human. Class Beast Fighter Lv15]  

 

“That problem seems to be solved.”

 

“Ya…”Kira says weakly

“Anyway! You need a human name if you're going to be around humans. I was able to think up a great name for you! Since you want to have your name as Bloodshed that can be your last name and you have your first name be Riley.”

 

The dragon thought about this. It didn't really care what it was called as long as it kept the name Bloodshed.

 

“That works for me.”

 

“Great! Hehehe.”

Author’s comment: So I went with the easy cop out and made the dragons name the title…Or rather this was definitely planned the whole time I assure you...Is it cringy or cool? Maybe a little of both.

 

Sorry about the short chapter, but chapter 10 will be longer to make up for it.

4