Chapter 9
492 7 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Press that 💜


Perched up a tree, the bat silently observed the unaware greenskins. Just a moment ago, it was nearly grazed by the fierce axe the chief carried around.

The goblins diligently sniffed the air to locate the weird creature that dared raid their clan and kill their own, but it was all pointless endeavor as not even a whiff of the strange creature could be located. The goblins hunted in different groups. Somehow, they had figured out they could cover more ground that way. 

In Between the hunting, the goblins forgot their objective and mindlessly wandered the never-ending forest. Well, that was true for the other groups. For the chief's group, slacking off was begging for a beating from the big bad chief.

***

*Kuergghh*

Away from the chief's group, a group of greenskins that had long forgotten their purpose wildly fought, it wasn't much of a fight rather keeping each other in check.

One goblin went on the attack as it fiercely jumped towards its opponent with claws bared out. The victim did nothing but take the attack head-on, causing both to stumble and fall on the ground only to get entangled and exchange blows. Other goblins surrounded and cheered on.

Their commotion was loud and sounded across the forest, attracting attention that was bad for their health.

One such creature attracted by the noise was the lesser bat, whose only life's purpose was to hunt the greenskin. The canopy was convenient as its movement was covered, that plus the passive skill [predator] made it impossible for the greenskin to detect it.

This time around, the number of goblin's was more than before, so the bat considered between attacking or waiting for a perfect opportunity. It wasn't long before it came to a decision. It decided to attack. After all, the goblins were distracted.

Jumping off the treetop, the bat descended and landed on a cheering goblin, all it took was a slash, and the greenskin was silenced. 

You have slain level 1 lesser goblin.

Exp gain

The other greenskins didn't seem to notice the impending danger as they continued cheering the fight.

This was more than ideal for the bat. If it could grin, it would. Sadly it couldn't. The bat aimed its claws on another goblin and mercilessly dashed forward with a slash, slashing the latter's neck. It seemed the bat had an addiction to attacking the neck. Well, it couldn't be blamed as it was easier that way.

You have slain level 1 lesser goblin

Exp gain

This time, one goblin noticed the commotion, it was about to sound an alarm, but unfortunately, the bat was a step forward. It slashed, and the goblin fell.

You have slain Level 1 lesser goblin

Exp gain

And that was the last of the standing goblins. The remaining two were entangled on the ground, exchanging 'pointers'.

The bat watched as it cocked its head sideways, This only lasted for a second as it attacked the goblin on top, causing it to fall on the other. The last remaining goblin was relieved from the barrage of punches, annoyed it threw the lifeless body aside as it got on its feet. Looking around, it was shocked. Were the others sleeping? It kicked the nearest body and was puzzled by the weird placement of its head.

The goblin squinted its eyes as it went in for a closer look, but it was doomed never to accomplish such a simple task. Sharp pain assaulted its neck as its vitality wasted away. Its eyes became lifeless as it fell on the ground with a plop.

You have slain level 1 lesser goblin

Exp gain

The bat was satisfied with its work which was easy, maybe too easy. But the bat didn't care about that. So long as it killed and gained strength, nothing more concerned its developing mind.

The bat knew there were more greenskin in the vast forest, and all it needed to do was hunt, and hunt it did. The goblins were defenceless against the stealthy predator, only noticing it once it was too late to flee or defend themselves.

And just like that, the bat cleaned the forest, ridding it of the nasty greenskins, all but one group that the bat left for later. The bat had stumbled upon the group earlier but refrained from attacking given how alert they were, and one particularly large goblin was armed.

The bat had hit a wall, but it soon came up with its first strategy. Since killing the greenskins made it stronger, why not kill more and grow stronger before facing this particular group. It was a great idea, and the bat was elated. Some would call it a strategists.Right now, as it faced the group from the shadows, it felt less pressure emanating from them.

Below the bat, eight goblins lay on the underbrush. If the bat cared to remember, it would have recognized five of them as the hunter goblins it had followed. The others consisted of the chief and his mates.

Currently, six goblins were deep in slumber while two remained awake, though they still dozed. Only god knew how long it had been since they walked from the clan. What the goblins were sure of was that they had been out for at least ten sleeping periods and that too, they weren't sure of as they couldn't count. The chief had overworked them while he never did guard duty and slept to his content. The reason why they were resting was that the chief said so.

One goblin guard closed its eyes, if only for a moment, but that was destined to be its last. The bat descended on its back with refined accuracy, its claws reflexively piercing the greenskin's neck as its mouth bit the back of its neck.

Contrary to what the bat expected, instead of dying instantly, the green bastard let a pained scream waking the others before finally laying to rest.

You have slain level 3 lesser goblin

Exp gain

The other goblins shot on their feet after the nasty alarm went off. The chief woke up and grabbed the axe. The dying scream of his kin had become a nightmare to it.

The chief turned and eyed the culprit, the four-legged, black-furred creature, his fear and sworn nemesis. Unlike before, the four-legged beast didn't seem to be in a hurry to leave. The chief goblin gazed at it, and the creature gazed back.

The chief became nervous, an invisible pressure emanated from the tiny beast compelling him to kneel, but the chief would be damned if he knelt. After all, he was a chief, the great leader of the greenskin.

*Waarrrgghh*

One goblin broke the stand still with a war cry and charged the bat, as if that was a trigger. The bat dashed towards the charging goblin. Once in range, it made a mighty leap and greeted the goblin with its knife-like claw. The latter stumbled back as it furiously waved its claws furiously, but it was futile. The bat wasn't letting go until it was dead.

You have slain level 3 goblin

Exp gain

Just as the bat was about to get off the lifeless body, a kick to the ribs sent it flying to the nearest tree.

You have been injured -10

Sharp pain assaulted its ribs, but the bat had other things of concern. A goblin was currently charging towards it. Hurrying to gain its footing, the bat managed to dodge the goblin's kick by sidestepping. Successfully dodging the powerful attack, the bat wasn't going to remain on the defensive. It leapt on the attacking goblin and performed its signature attack, a bite to the neck.

You have slain level 4 lesser goblin

Exp gain

The five remaining surrounded the black beast. The bat didn't give them a chance to perform whatever attack they were planning. It chose the weakest and charged. The goblin was unprepared but still managed to swing a kick, but it was useless as the bat was not aiming anywhere close to its legs.

You have slain level 4 lesser goblin

Exp gain

You are now level 7

Four attribute points awarded

*Waarrrggghh*

This time, it was the chief that initiated the charge.

The bat wasn't concerned too much as it knew a simple dodge would do the trick, and dodge it did. But unlike the other goblins, the chief had long anticipated it. He aimed his axe at the dodging bat and threw the axe with all his might.

*Thuk*

Success, the bat was hit, and the resulting force sent it flying together with the axe.

You have been injured -90

Like it? Add to library.

25