Chapter 11
565 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Press that 💜

 

 ~the bat's POV~

After Ilhena explained to me in fine detail about the blue screen that I had a growing interest in, I was finally able to understand its use, unlike before I was ignorant of the fact that the screen appearing during intense battle could spell disaster. However, Ilhena explained that I could choose not to be notified during battle, which I quickly did by calling up the status and instructing the system.

With that out of the way, the voice that is Ilhena proceeded to explain to me about [attributes point]. She said I could add them to my attributes as I see fit. However, she advised me not to rashly allocate them as I might regret the decision later as the attribute points are essential when determining my job.

Also, attribute points can be used to evolve skills once certain conditions are met. When she explained that to me, I summoned my status and quickly looked if any skill had the conditions to evolve, but sadly none had the [+] sign that showed evolution is possible. For the conditions required to evolve skills, I would only know that once my skills reach a certain level. I guess that's something I can look forward to.

Also, there is supposed to be an extra tab in my status for titles. Titles are acquired after accomplishing extraordinary feats in certain areas. I wonder what my first title will be. That is another thing to look forward to.

The signs under my name had bothered me because I couldn't understand them, so I asked Ilhena what they meant. She told me that once I had a name, the signs would disappear. For names, another person can name you, or you can name yourself. Ilhena offered to name me, but I refused. If she was to name me, then I should name her. So until I find a suitable name, those signs will have to do.

She also explained that this room I'm in is called a dungeon, and I'm on the second floor. She didn't explain much about this place, only that this specific dungeon had [200] floors, all I could say was it was a huge number. Also, she is located on the last floor. If I wanted to meet her, I'd have to defeat [200] dungeon bosses.

I have already defeated two, so how many to go? I guess I'll have to figure that out later. Also, about dungeons, to dominate a floor, all I have to do is defeat the dungeon boss, and I would be done, but to beat the boss, I would have to defeat the minions first. It is impossible to avoid them as they always surround the boss.

"Ilhena, what should I do now," after ensuring I remembered everything that she explained, I called out for her. I'm not worried about forgetting something as they are all stored in my [mind castle]. To get something from my [mind castle] I'd have to concentrate. 

"You are already done?" The soothing and elegant voice of Ilhena rang in my mind.

"Of course," I responded to her in my mind.

"It's simple. All you have to do is call for the gate," Ilhena explained as a familiar scene occurred before my very eyes. Dark mist congealed to form intricate patterns on the floor, and the gate to the next floor appeared.

Like this floor, I can see the other side populated with trees and rich underbrush. I hope the place is filled with disgusting greenskin. I have grown to hate the green creatures after what they have done to me. I will surely repay this hatred.

I jump off the moss-filled tree that I am perched on, flap my magnificent wings, and head directly to the portal. Unlike before, I don't intend to walk on the floor, and a greenskin ambushes me. Ha, you won't fool me this time, stupid goblins.

****

~Ilhena POV~

After he leaves, I heave a sigh as I think of the mysterious future. Not even someone like me can determine who he is. I think back. Thousands of seasons have passed since I met him. I still believe this is all a dream, but it is a dream I am unwilling to wake from.

"Your growth is fast. Even I didn't expect this after everything you have already shown me," I look towards the closing portal, and I smile as I think of the future.

" You better grow fast and keep your promise," I look as he disappears in the thick canopy. I should head back and continue watching him as it brings me unimaginable joy to see the choices he will pick.


The bat rashes through the tiny spaces in the canopy, expertly dodging branches that would be fatal should he collide with one.

"That is not a green skin," the bat halts and lands on a branch and his gaze penetrates the tiny spaces in the leaves to observe the creature below. Unlike the greenskins with well, greenskin, the creature the bat is observing has white fur covering its body.

The creature had a long face and pointed ears, its eyes glowed yellow, and a thick white tail swayed rhythmically behind it. It wore black pants with a hole to allow free movement of its tail. Unlike the greenskins, the creature had no weapon, much to the joy of the bat, but in its place were sharp, menacing claws.

Just as the bat wondered what creature it was, it stopped and turned its head towards the bat. The bat contracted as it thought of the possibility of being discovered. Luckily, the beast only sniffed the air before turning back to its activities.

The bat heaved a sigh at the sight of the departing creature. From its encounter with the goblin chief, it had learnt to differentiate power levels by the aura the creature gave off. And the atmosphere the creature gave off was stronger than the goblin chief.

All that said, the bat was looking for goblins, not the weird creature before it. The bat got off the branch and took to the sky. Just as he was about to fly away, the odd beast turned its head, and its eyes met the bat.

The creature was startled, but it quickly got out of its stupor and rushed towards the bat. The bat was perplexed by the creature's action and observed what it wanted to do. After all, it was safe in the sky.

The bat was shocked again as the creature easily made its way up the tree. Quickly, the bat moved higher, but the creature wasn't giving up. It continued to chase.  A couple of chasing later, the beast finally stopped as the canopy seemed endless, and the bat wasn't giving up either.

"Who are you," the creature's hoarse voice sounded.

The bat was surprised to discover a creature that he could understand. The goblins' speech was unintelligible and hard to understand but the creature before it was easily understandable. That aside, the bat felt no obligation to answer the creature's question, so it silently observed the creature.

Seeing his question was not answered, the beast leapt towards the bat with its claws drawn out, but that was useless as the bat easily dodged the attacks. This further enraged the creature as it kept leaping towards the bat and landing on the branches.

The bat started to discover something, so long as the creature was airborne, it couldn't attack. So the bat decided to test the theory. Just as the creature jumped towards it, the bat timed the moment it was airborne and made an attack. The bat, for the first time, knowingly used a skill [Air Dash] 

Your comments help the series grow.

Favorite

22