Chapter 5: Struggles
314 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere on space

XIS-Dreadnought Class Crusader

General Frank is sulking on his chair, the recent battle against the bugs caused devastating for both 88 and the 89th fleet, he loses 6 ships, and what only left is his flagship XIS-Class Dreadnought Crusader, the 89th fleet also suffered with 5 ships, and only leaving the XIS-Napoleon, XIS-Class Destroyer Armstrong, and the XIS-Class Cruiser Eve who prioritzed the evacuations of some civilians on the F-5.

He looked on his men in the bridge, all of them are dejected, the impact of the battle impacted all of his men, sudden deaths of their comrades was unbearable.

After a short while, a officer walks towards him to report, "...Reporting Sir!", he's voice shows that of a man whose get his family killed.

"At ease, what is it Lieutenants Humps?" He said.

The officer named Lieutenant Kyle Humps, replied, "A call from the 89th Fleet sir, General Ars wanted to have a meeting with you sir" he cleared his throat, "The General said to bring along some officers, he said".

General Frank nodded, "Tell the General that we will be meeting after a half hour, you're dismissed now".

The officer salutes, "Yes!".

General Frank let outed a sigh, "I'm supposed to retire after a year from now..." he muttered.

==

General Ars is currently eating his meal, two smoked bacon, one egg, porridge, and some greens; after the battle, the fleet successfully space warped within time, however they suffered a great loss after the battle, since then the mood in the ship became gloomed.

Lt.General Alexandra sat in front of him, eating her meal, he noticed that she puts the greens on the side of her plate.

"Don't be waste food Lt.General, all of us can't afford getting choosy" he said.

Alexandra frowns, "Forgive me General". She started to eat the greens by swallowing them fast.

Ars shook his head, he then looked at the soldiers and officers in the canteen, everyone's face were gloomy, even though they survived the bug attack, the damage caused by the battle was vast; it's more than a week now since the fleet space warped, the fleet already traveled over a galaxy, there none habitable planets or any resources to found yet, the reactor's energy were starting to decrease time by time, if they don't find any habitable planets or at least some food resources and energy source for five days, then they needed to prepare for the worst to happen.

While eating, a group of soldiers near the canteen counter started to have a quarrel and later started to fight each others, he noticed that it seems they are fighting over a piece of soft bun, an all time favorite bread vanilla flavored bread.

Ars slammed the table where he is on, the soldiers were distracted and looked towards the source of sound; only founding Ars, their General eating and looking at them aggravated.

The food current food situation in the fleet is not good, as the time past by, so do the saved food, Ars ordered the cooks to save food as much as possible, meals such as porridge, sauted mushrooms and potato stew with some meat were served on them, some were displeased and bewildered, many soldiers got detained due to their recent actions, some were DD'ed (Dishonorable Discharge) and forced to do some ship work, the soldiers then was undercontrol, Ars released a new order for curfew; the soldiers must enter and exit their barracks on a specific time, if got ever caught, severe punishments will be upon who disobeyed his orders.

==

It's been more than 2 weeks since Ars and the fleet space warped, and as expected, there wasn't able to find any habitable planets nor food and energy resources, him and General Frank had a meeting some days before, they decided to temporarily govern both the soldiers and the civilians under the empire's constitution that stated, they formed a temporary government, General Frank refused the position of 'Governor General' and suggested Ars instead, Ars cursed him, however he can't blame him, afterall he still looks down after the battle, so he may not be able to lead them properly.

He first dealt the situation in the XIS-Eve, where some civilians started to rebel and took the ship's food supplies, he ordered to arrest the culprits and will be sentenced after this long travel, him being a Governor General gives him much more power both in military and political, he asked the AI to give him access to 'chips' that is inplanted to a imperial citizen, the AI allowed him to, according to law, the chips can be used by the temporary leaders in times of emergency, this time he used the chips to track and punish some who disobeyed the law, he can even explode their heads, however, all sorts of power has its limits.

While doing some paper works in his office, Lt.Alexandra burst into his office towards him, "Can't you knock?". He said.

"Sir, you need to come into the bridge!" She said hastily.

Ars quickly left his office and eventually reached the bridge, "Captain on deck!".

The crewmen inside stood and salute, "At ease, so what's going here?", he said while looking to some crewmen.

A crewman replied, "Sir, about an hour now, we entered a new discovered galaxy, as we tra —".

"Brief it" Ars said.

The crewmen nodded, "Sir, we found a habitable planet!".

***

A/N: Yeah, i know, this chapter is short, the next chapter's release will be tomorrow anyway, and much longer, thanks for reading again, see you tomorrow.

8