Chapter 11: The Trash Prince And The Slave
386 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Today, september 6th is my birthday! Unfortunately, due to the ongoing pandemic, there are no any celebrations or some sort, because the government forbids it, still we had fun here with the family, i hope this crisis soon ends, so everyone can go back to their normal lives and to stabalize the economy.

New World's currency:

10 copper coins = 1 silver coin

10 silver coins   = 1 gold coin

10 gold coins    = 1 large gold coin

1,000 gold coins = 1 platinum coin (highest)


Auroraborealis, New Terra, Governor's Palace

In the meeting room of the palace, various department heads discussing about the first contact made with the natives, Ars along with Dr. Willie Wayner of the Science and reserach dep,  Jeffry Johnson of Foreign relations, Sir Alexander of Trade dep, and  Sir Daniel of Defense dep.

"Seriously? They have this so-called magic and now speaking english? Like for real? All of this doesn't make any sense!" Sir Alexander yelled in confusement.

Sir Daniel spoke, "So, is there any explanation regarding this Dr. Wayner? Don't tell me that was caused by magic?".

Dr. Willie Wayner let out bitter smile, "I'm confused as well Sir Daniel, i'm taught in academies and schools about science and technology, of course i don't believe in magic or some kind of witchery, but 'this', i can't think of any valid explanations, we've seen how magic can bend the laws of science and logic, perhaps they have magic that can translate words or something like that".

"I was expecting more explanation Dr. Wayner, anyway, since they can even this witchery, are they perhaps threats towards us? Although we have our technological advantage, however these natives have magic, who knows what kind of harm they will brought upon us? Especially that we have these techs they might attacks us and make our citizens slaves" Sir Alexander said.

Jeffy Johnson nodded, "Sir Alexander is right, if they really have this magic that disobeys or rather ignores the law of science and nature, then it's possible that they progress much faster in technology and whatever kind of advancements than us humans back in earth".

Dr. Wayner agreed, "Indeed, then we should prepare our selves if ever this natives turn their attention towards us, we should commence research and experiments about magic, if possible, how about we invite some natives here?".

Everyone looked at Dr. Wayner and pondered about the idea, Ars begun to spoke.

"No...it's not the time yet, we need to know more about magic, although broughting someone here who can use magic is indeed the best idea to demomstrate us magic, however there's a lot of risk, as everyone said, magic can bend the nature itself, who knows what kind of trick they will use? Is it also possible that someone already know us, there's a lot of possibilities and suspiscions right now, we need a solid intel first".

Everyone have different opinions regarding what Ars said.

Then Jeffry Johnson proposed a suggestion, "How about we buy slaves? Although it is indeed inhuman, but this is for the sake of our people, sacrifices are sometimes necessary, especially at times like this".

Ars rub his hand on his face and pondered, he personally hates slavery, he's a compassionate person, however he's not naive, the lives of his subjects depends on his decisions, he already saw what happens to a person being naive, and he don't want it to happen to him.

After a while of thinking, he finally came up with an answer, "Fine, I'll allow to you buy slaves for research and study purpose only, however the slaves must me treated properly, dissecting of any sort of action that might hurt the slaves is not permitted, understood?"

Everyone nodded and replied, "Understood, your excellency".

"One more thing, i wanted to have colony, i don't really want the natives to come here unless they are merchants or diplomats, so i'm thinking of having a colony where we can show the natives how powerful and great our country, so what are your opinions".

Jeffry spokes, "That's indeed a good idea, letting those natives to stroll and migrate in our country is a bad idea, as we all know, magic is mysterious, who knows what kind crime or accident they can cause to us, having a colony is the best idea, we can establish a colonial government and an embassy while not risking our citizens".

Everyone nodded in agreement, then Sir Daniel asked Ars a question, "Your excellency's idea is indeed great, however are we allowed to have a colony? We're just an interim-government and there's nothing said in the constitutions that we can have a colony under us".

Ars grinned, "You're wrong Sir Daniel, the constitution says we can, ' If a governor-general is elected by the high ranking officials in the military, all responsibility regarding the safety of his subjects will be his responsibility, he must do anything in order to protect them ', in other words, we will use an excuse of 'protecting' our citizens, sacrifices is sometimes necessary right?".

Everyone had smiles on their faces and just nodded, "Therefor, i assume there nothing left to discuss, then everyone is dismissed".

Everyone stood from their chairs and waited for Ars to leave first before they leave the room.

Pellé Port Town, Sol Territory

Dock Master Ulbert S'aar stood in front of a huge vessel, when the ship along with three merchant ships came into view, he was dubmfounded, he saw a huge and long vessel heading towards the port, he was troubled if the vessel is fit for the docks, thankfully, there was an old dock used for large galleon ships that was from the mainland some decades ago, it fits the large ship and the area was deep enough for the ship, the people aboard the ship signed him to not tie the ship, at first he was somewhat confused, then a large anchor was released, the ship is large enough for the waves not able to move it.

Then a man approached him, he was able to recognize him, he was Captain Pol G'aar, he is a wealthy merchant, he trades various products from the east, and often come here in Sol to buy slaves, he respect this man because he trades some cheap enough products here in Sol even though he only earn a little on it.

"Hey, are you perhaps the dock master?" Captain Pol asked.

"Yes, I'm Ulbert, the dock master".

"I see, we will stay here for a day here, how much are we going to pay?".

Ulbert replied, "Yes, that would be one gold and five silver coins...however, as for that large ship, i think three gold coins".

Captain Pol took some money in his pouch and gave it to Ulbert, "You can have the change, and make sure no one gets aboard our ship especially the largest one".

"Yes!", Ulbert counted the coins Pol gave him, he put 2 silver in his pockets, before he goes to the lord's manor, he glanced at the people aboard, they wore the same grey coats and trousers, it looks expensive, some people aboard wore red coats with black trousers, they look likes nobles, he then proceed heading towards the lord.

MV York

SO. Lieutenant Hans observed the buildings and houses around the port area, it really looks like that of medieval era, however the structures here are in a bad condition, it seems this place hasn't any much of visitors, the situation of the peolpe around isn't any better, some people wearing rags of clothing seem like slaves who are now useless or 'broken'.

Hans sighed, "I was expecting more about this place, it seems we're only ones who docked here".

A crew spoked to him, "Captain Pol said that this place was abandoned by their ruler, perhaps they see no potential in spending money for this place".

"Well, it is indeed no potential for this place, trade is one of the most bustling business here in this continent, and this place is sorrounded with rocky islands, voyaging in this area especially when the air is strong or a storm comes is a total suicide, therefor their ruler just abandoned them since it's a waste of money".

The crew chuckled, "Well since this world have magic, perhaps they so focused on it that they didn't discover the use of fossil fuel, there's also seem a large deposit of ores and minerals here".

Hans grinned, "Yeah, the higher ups told me to gather much more infos, and in the meeting they discussed about having a colony".

"Heh, so they will use another land to serve as the puppet?".

Hans shrugged, "I don't really know, perhaps, or there's another reason".

Lord's Manor, Sol Territory

Baron Ed L'ars of the Sol territory is currently drinking in his office, he was troubled as to how he can get more money for his expenses, the trade here in Sol isn't bustling unlike other territories, he was originally the 22nd prince of the imperium, he was known as a dumb, violent, and lazy person, he was punished by his father, the emperor because of his behaviour, his father have so many concubines to count, he was a war freak and he wanted his son and daughters to be strong, however Ed isn't that type of guy.

He sighed, "Ah, goddamnit, there no ships coming in this shitty territory at all, the money i got from those underground organizations isn't enough, even the slaves became sick and useless, this territory is fucking useless!".

He throw the bottle of liquors and the items on his desk, Ed was frustrated, he tried to sell this territory before, however there were none, afterall this place is good as done, even criminal groups isn't interested, if he doesn't find any buyer, then he will rott in this place, his father the emperor did not allow him to leave Sol with it being 'useful' or being sold, the imperium wanted to Sol gone without damaging their reputation.

"Ahhh, fuck this shitty place, anywhere in this place is nothing but dirt and lowly peasants!".

While yelleling his frustration, he heard a knock on the door, "Fucker, What is it now!?".

A figure then entered while lowing his head trying to not anger the lord, "What is it Ulbert!? Don't you know i'm fucking busy!".

"P-please forgive me my lord, some ships just recently docked on the port and i am here to deliver their payment".

Baron Ed's expression change into a wide smile, "I see, I see! Give me the money!".

Ulbert gave the money to Baron Ed, whose very happy that he have a large enough amount to use for liqour and to a brothel.

Baron Ed glanced at Ulbert, "What are ya' waiting for? You can leave now".

Ulbert lowers his head more, "M-my lord, p-please be merciful upon this old man, my family are sick, if you may give me a little amount of your blessing".

Baron Ed clicked his tongue, "Alright, since you're a useful lowly peasant, i guess i'll be giving your payment this month, here!".

Baron Ed threw 3 silver coins and a couple of bronze coins, Ulbert immidiately picked the coins on the floor.

"So who are those people on the port?".

Ulbert replied while picking the coins, "They are new faces my lord, it seems they are somekind of wealthy merchants and group of nobles, they wore the most expensive clothes i have ever seen so far".

Baron Ed smirked, "I see, then i will give them a visit later, you can leave now! Hurry you stinks!".

Ulbert hastily leaves the room.

===

Alone in a dark cell, a girl layed on the floor, she has blue hair and green eyes and a beautiful apperance, she can't move her body due to both exhaustion and a drug that was forced forced her to drink, she glanced over the people who abducted her.

"We really got a high qualities of products to day boss! These will hella fetch a high price, 80...no 100 gold coins for sure! Hahaha!"

Burst of laugher and celebration was heared all over the cells, the bandits known as the Kraken Group is very well known for abducting beautiful women and raiding merchants on land, they are part of a much bigger group, the Wessex Family, a notorious organization that is wanted in the northern continent and one of the most powerful criminal groups.

A bandit then spoked, "Hey boss, i heard that there are some ships on the dock, our scouts spied the ships and guess what, one of the ships has no sails at all but can travel without!".

The bandits boss grinned, "Heh, then perhaps they have lots of freebies inside their ship, how about we take some gifts from them?"

A bandit shook his head, "For sure they have lots of boss, however, all of them are equiped with magi-guns, and it's my first time seeing a gun with a strange apperance, unlike magi-muskets, their magi-guns looks more powerful, they're also numbered at least 25, they are bad news boss!".

The bandit's boss sighed, "I see, what a shame, it will take us a few days or at least month before we sold our products".

A bandit then chuckled, "Don't lose hope boss, they seems to be nobles and wealthy persons, perhaps they might take a liking to our products".

"I see! Then if it's those, we definitely can sell our products!".

He then walks towards the cell where the figure is located, he then kicked the girl causing it to scream and pant in pain.

The bandit's boss smirked, "Hey, heard that bitch? Be a good girl and behave there, you'll soon meet your new masters! Hahahaha!".

The bandit group continue their laugher and celebration.

***

A/N: in the annoucement i said that i will release chapters one per week, i'll change it into two, todays chapter doesn't count, this a special chapter since it's birthday.

Keep on suppporting my series!

9